Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I really wish cross save had been around before i pumped so much time into the PC version:(

The idea now of deleting characters from either version is not sitting well with me.

On console i have 90 exotics,on PC i have 40.

Im 750 on PC with highest gear on,700 on console. Have all 3 classes to level 50 on console,only two on PC.

Got god rolls on both platforms. Nearly have the windigo grind done on PC but barely started on console. Infamy rank for 21% delirium half there on PC too,not started on console.

Just a few of the things that are makin it a tough choice

Feels lile im wasting time on either version till i pick. Absolute first world problem:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You have to start from scratch to get the benefits of cross save?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »

If you play on multiple platforms only one account can be used for cross save.

dudeeile wrote: »

Not quite as bad as that but as sniper said it will be one account to rule all platforms so i presume the account you use makes all other accounts junk. Havent looked into can they be recovered in any way but id be very surprised if they can.

I think cross save is a brilliant feature,just wish it had of been available much sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

You can thank Sony for that, they were dragging their heels right up to the day before they announced it.
    Glad I didn't play past the opening mission on the PC now, so no dilemma there for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You will definitely be able to keep both accounts, just not use the cross save feature.

Best way to get the 50k Nightfall run?

Should i just put heavyweight on plus the max handicap?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Most of them are a pain in the balls solo. But yeah, stick a few modifiers on and see how you go

I put on heavyweight and void singe and got 5k when doing it. Handicap was at 50. Think ill just get rid of the 5 of swords card and do it vanilla

EoinHef wrote: »
    I put on heavyweight and void singe and got 5k when doing it. Handicap was at 50. Think ill just get rid of the 5 of swords card and do it vanilla

Use the fireteam finder in the destiny 2 app, should have no bother then.

• Advertisement

Did it with one of the lads from PC clan and his mate,fireteam shouldnt be a problem.

Was more just what modifiers are best to go with,with the ones i had the score modifier was 0.15x,im guessing that needs to be closer to 1x.

Did it with one of the lads from PC clan and his mate,fireteam shouldnt be a problem.

Was more just what modifiers are best to go with,with the ones i had the score modifier was 0.15x,im guessing that needs to be closer to 1x.

Doing it fast you should be good with arc burn, match game, extinguish and at least -150ll, closer to 210ll the better will give you about a 3x multiplier. Strange terrain, bring 3 Wardcliffs and a well and you can melt Nokris before the encounter starts. Should net you over 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Doing it fast you should be good with arc burn, match game, extinguish and at least -150ll, closer to 210ll the better will give you about a 3x multiplier. Strange terrain, bring 3 Wardcliffs and a well and you can melt Nokris before the encounter starts. Should net you over 100k.

Eoinhef all that make sense to you? :D:D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Eoinhef all that make sense to you? :D:D

It does now after makin a mess of it last night:P

Problem was the modifier i put on gave us 0.15 of the score:(

The sad thing is i had a look in triumphs and myself,yourself amd your mate did do a nightfall before last night,had a 56k score:P

The sad thing is i had a look in triumphs and myself,yourself amd your mate did do a nightfall before last night,had a 56k score:P

:eek: Dammit

I got 2 exotic catalysts today, they dont seem to show in my inventory?

Catalysts only show up on the weapon in your inventory, the triumph will also note if you have the catalyst for a weapon.

Next time we try just not using the modifier cards maybe,i thought i knew what i was doing!

They wont show in inventory,go to the guns they dropped for,right click for details and you can insert the catalyst into it from there

Cheers seems i have a few of them :O

Ah ye,dont want to share the orbs huh?:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

back on this as div2 has sadly not a lot to entice at the moment.

been grinding out ,and i mean grinding out, the crucible portion of the thorn quest, which has been the most painful grind i have ever done. taken me the bones of a week, would get 1 to 2% a game, some none. should have done it on my titan, did it on my hunter, not a big PVPer at the best of times but enjoyed the few games every week for the engram, but this has just sucked. get 12 to 15 kills and see the % increase be a single %, due to not landing the killing blows. didn't like nay of the void weapons i had but had to use them

if i wasn't so stubborn i'd have given up, pretty much grinded this all week, not at 95% and should get it finished tonight . need a serious break from crucible then

fair play to those that got this in a few games, i can;t figure how but well done, i must have 50 games of crucible played already this week trying to get this

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »

been grinding out ,and i mean grinding out, the crucible portion of the thorn quest, which has been teh most painful grind i have ever done. taken me the bones of a week, would get 1 to 2% a game, some none. should have done it on my titan, did it on my hunter, not a big PVPer at the best of times but enjoyed the few games every week for the engram, but this has just sucked. get 12 to 15 kills and see the % increase be a single %, due to not landing the killing blows. didn;t like nay of the void weapons i had but had to use them

if i wasn't so stubborn i;d have given up, pretty much grinded this all week, not at 95% and should get it finished tonight . need a serious break from crucible then

fair play to those that got this in a few games, i can;t figure how but well done, i must have 50 games of crucible played already this week trying to get this
    Ikelos HC worked well for me with a Voidlock. IB was on at the time as well, so that sped it up somewhat.
    If you think that grind is bad, try Mountaintop

Tazzimus wrote: »
    If you think that grind is bad, try Mountaintop

just reading that now, no thanks. it might be easier to get the kills with a grenade launcher but that's a lot of them to get

just reading that now, no thanks. it might be easier to get the kills with a grenade launcher but that's a lot of them to get

The kills is fine, it's the double kills and medals that is the issue.

Getting them in comp gives you 4x progress, but is significantly more difficult.

Easiest way to progress is to use a warlock with empowering rift, well of radiance, lunafaction boots and fighting lion. Put down your well/rift and spam shots with the fighting lion.

Its strange,you always hear dedicated PvPers complain that there not catered for in destiny.

Regarding a lack of maps id kinda agree in D2 but they conviniently ignore the fact the game is always giving them people to play with by forcing people into the crucible for the majority of quests.

Like two of the best PvE weapons in the game currently require a massive PvP grind. Bit silly.

Im talkin about recluse and mountaintop

Everything ends in bloody pvp and titans punching everything constantly!!

Its strange,you always hear dedicated PvPers complain that there not catered for in destiny.

Regarding a lack of maps id kinda agree in D2 but they conviniently ignore the fact the game is always giving them people to play with by forcing people into the crucible for the majority of quests.

Like two of the best PvE weapons in the game currently require a massive PvP grind. Bit silly.

Im talkin about recluse and mountaintop

They've forced people into crucible a lot this year while also ignoring the issues with crucible.

There have been no new maps since September and the meta hasn't changed either. Roaming supers are running rampant without any consistent way to stop them due to extreme damage resistance and super recovery/extending armour, plus some of them have health regen on kills or abilities that nullify incoming damage(even from other supers).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hopped on over the weekend for the first time in ages. It was like that old Mel Gibson movie when he woke up 40 years in the future. Everything is strange and confusing.
    Did the flashpoint on IO which was exactly the same as it had been months before and that was it. I can imagine the crucible would have been a disaster the way my gear is.

Light level doesn't count unless it's Iron Banner so you probably would be grand.
    I've seen lads running around in the broken armour from the start of the campaign, wrecking shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I hopped on over the weekend for the first time in ages. It was like that old Mel Gibson movie when he woke up 40 years in the future. Everything is strange and confusing.
    Did the flashpoint on IO which was exactly the same as it had been months before and that was it. I can imagine the crucible would have been a disaster the way my gear is.

Forever Young, class film.

• Advertisement

been grinding out ,and i mean grinding out, the crucible portion of the thorn quest, which has been the most painful grind i have ever done. taken me the bones of a week, would get 1 to 2% a game, some none. should have done it on my titan, did it on my hunter, not a big PVPer at the best of times but enjoyed the few games every week for the engram, but this has just sucked. get 12 to 15 kills and see the % increase be a single %, due to not landing the killing blows. didn't like nay of the void weapons i had but had to use them

if i wasn't so stubborn i'd have given up, pretty much grinded this all week, not at 95% and should get it finished tonight . need a serious break from crucible then

got the thorn last night, finished the pvp element monday evening, then spent 90 minutes on the special strike with two guys who i don't think knew the knights had to be killed before the sauron. gave up at 1am, got another random group last night, english lad and an american and it took us a while but we got it. think i was only 706 light power so was a bit squishy. done now though.

trying to grind the black armory stuff now, nice thing about taking a break from a game for a while is there is usually a bunch of stuff to get done when you step back in

Advertisement