Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For anybody wanting to check their eligibility for the Prismatic Inferno emblem (Prometheus Lense lasertag weekend), go here and filter for crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does the bonus valor apply to competitive PvP?

Thinkikn specifically for the recluse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    Does the bonus valor apply to competitive PvP?

Thinkikn specifically for the recluse

Valor, not Glory.

Valor, not Glory.

Ah ok,balls:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Valor, not Glory.

Correct, just in case anyone didn't know though, if you've played a few games of comp during the week you will be awarded some bonus comp points on reset, I used that to get over the line for lunas and recluse and revoker because I was too chicken to play last game to get fabled 😳

• Advertisement

Anyone know if theres any double infamy weeks coming up?

On 11.5k infamy but gambit is getting a bit tiresome so i think ill wait for a bonus infamy week to finish off the rank reset

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I like this solistice thing, the only real down is 100 orbs in gambit and kill 10 gaurdians in pvp. I can do that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

You'll get 100 orbs in 2 games of Gambit easy.
    10 guardians over the space of 10 games of Gambit/Crucible is easy as well.

The 10 public events and strikes was the grindy part

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Anyone know if theres any double infamy weeks coming up?

On 11.5k infamy but gambit is getting a bit tiresome so i think ill wait for a bonus infamy week to finish off the rank reset

Latest weekly update mentions 2 double infamy weeks: 10-17 Sep. & 24 Sep. - 1 Oct.

Also, Shadowkeep/New Light is delayed by 2 weeks, now launching 1st October.

nevelator wrote: »
    Latest weekly update mentions 2 double infamy weeks: 10-17 Sep. & 24 Sep. - 1 Oct.

Also, Shadowkeep/New Light is delayed by 2 weeks, now launching 1st October.

CheersðŸ‘

Onto the blue armor set for solstice now,10 games of gambit i see. Ive 2700 infamy to get for a rank reset.

I really didnt think id be pining for double infamy this much when i started this,im not sure the 21% delirium is worth it.

As a bonus though i will have unlocked breakneck and most of the challenges for hush when i do finally finish up.

• Advertisement

CheersðŸ‘

Onto the blue armor set for solstice now,10 games of gambit i see. Ive 2700 infamy to get for a rank reset.

I really didnt think id be pining for double infamy this much when i started this,im not sure the 21% delirium is worth it.

As a bonus though i will have unlocked breakneck and most of the challenges for hush when i do finally finish up.
    21% is a fairly tasty gun.
    Make sure you accumulate as many Gambit bounties as you can. The last 2000 (I think) Infamy is wins only, bounties help with that a lot.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    21% is a fairly tasty gun.
    Make sure you accumulate as many Gambit bounties as you can. The last 2000 (I think) Infamy is wins only, bounties help with that a lot.

Cheers,didnt know that.

Ive been hoovering up the bounties especially the ones that dont need you to play actual gambit on nights i wasnt gonna play it just to keep the score ticking over. Handy enough.

Getting breakneck took a little longer than i thought it would,autos are in a terrible spot atm. Must have tried 5 or 6 different guns but settled on good roll tigerspite and valkadyn with kill clip to unlock it. Just 40 kills left till i get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cheers,didnt know that.

Ive been hoovering up the bounties especially the ones that dont need you to play actual gambit on nights i wasnt gonna play it just to keep the score ticking over. Handy enough.

Getting breakneck took a little longer than i thought it would,autos are in a terrible spot atm. Must have tried 5 or 6 different guns but settled on good roll tigerspite and valkadyn with kill clip to unlock it. Just 40 kills left till i get it now.

The cerberus exotic is good for getting auto rifle kills in gambit.

I also found success with the Halfdan-D. Quite like that gun

The Cerebrus still hasnt dropped for me on PC so that wasnt an option,i had wondered if it would be good for it though,tried sweet business and suros from the exotics and have to say wasnt very impressed.

Hmm must try out the Halfdan-D,that a year one weapon?

Yeah, if you don't already have it, Banshee should drop it eventually.

It's slow firing but I find it much more accurate and easier to kill things with.

Just got the breakneck there,ill keep an eye out for rolls from banshee though,i usually use the suros with slow fire so that should be right up my street.

Managed to get a few wins and a few bounties too,1700 infamy to go:P

Finally got the fighting lion on PC too,thank you very much xur,the catalyst dropped in the next gambit match i played too:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

well that's soltice gear on one character done, got some of it masterworked as well, one for the rank reset and got the 200k nightfall done as well.

it's a painful grind at times, 10 gambit games, 100 minibosses, but at least you know the gear is coming at the end.

will start the titan as well i think, but take it slower, 1 gambit/10 minibosses a night sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Renewed tasks can go fcuk themselves!!!

100 EAZ minibosses 100!!!!!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Renewed tasks can go fcuk themselves!!!

100 EAZ minibosses 100!!!!!

Just do a couple runs a night. You'll get about 10 each run, give or take. It'll also help with the 50 EAZ chests to be opened.

I'm waiting for Void day to come back around, for the 500 void orbs in strikes.

• Advertisement

been watching a few of the big destiny streamers the last few days, the excitement over crosssave seems huge, chat has exploded when they have mentioned it, a huge undertaking but given the number of people who will avail of it seems crazy none of big looters have done it before

Sony has always been the one opposing it, they were dragging their heels right up to the Bungie announcement. I imagine they were the stumbling block for others as well.

well i can't wait, have a single character at level 7 on my pc version, and looking foward to syncing across my xbox account

Same as that. I played the demo on pc and he's around the same level.
    Can split time between PC and PS4 now to enjoy the fancy graphics

Just do a couple runs a night. You'll get about 10 each run, give or take. It'll also help with the 50 EAZ chests to be opened.

I'm waiting for Void day to come back around, for the 500 void orbs in strikes.

Only bosses you get a hit on yourself count,so i was averaging about 4/5 a run. 100 seems a bit excessive to me.

I think i much prefered the redux missions from last year over the EAZ this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Only bosses you get a hit on yourself count,so i was averaging about 4/5 a run. 100 seems a bit excessive to me.

I think i much prefered the redux missions from last year over the EAZ this year.

If you get the Cabal boss with the 3 enemies a psion spawns every 45 seconds or so that counts.

If you get the Cabal boss with the 3 enemies a psion spawns every 45 seconds or so that counts.

Got that boss the other night,was hopin to farm the psion but the randoms killed the bloody boss:(

Yeah, I've been tagging the one the others go to, then fly off to get the other one. Seems to be working. For the Psion farm trick/cheese, you'd be better off in a FT, because bluey's are numpties most of the time.

Me and Nev discovered this last night, got two or three Psions before the blueberry melted the boss.
    That was after loading into three instances where it had just finished..

• Advertisement

that must have been some blueberry, i had one game where one guy was taking on the three bosses solo as the other two of us were taking out the psion, we must have gotten 15 times on the psion before the took down all three

Advertisement