Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Current season pass is going to be free for everyone who owns forsaken. Good for lapsed players.

And also good for matchmaking on PC,the activites could get awful lonley at times so hopefully more players having access will improve that

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rugbydan9

Is there many Irish players/clans in here. My current clan with time zones is killing me here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

A few, depending on what platform you're on.

Boards and Strategy Optional clans on PS4, think there's a Boards one on Xbox, PC I'm not sure.
    With cross save coming, there'll be a mix of those on all platforms.

Seemed to receive a clan invite was that from someone on here ?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    A few, depending on what platform you're on.

Boards and Strategy Optional clans on PS4, think there's a Boards one on Xbox, PC I'm not sure.
    With cross save coming, there'll be a mix of those on all platforms.

Tazzimus can you point me in the right direction looking for active PVP and raids specifically.

Thanks a million

• Advertisement

Rugbydan9 wrote: »
    Tazzimus can you point me in the right direction looking for active PVP and raids specifically.

Thanks a million

There's a sticky at the top of the forum for the boards clans and a thread called are you up for the challenge guardian for strategy optional, they'd be a good start anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

So how many are picking up Shadowkeep?

Standard version on Xbox is €35, Deluxe version is €60 and that includes the following -

Exclusive Digital Collector’s Items Include:
    • Four Season Passes, each offering unique and exclusive activities and rewards*
    • Exclusive Eris Morn themed items:
    o Hearing Whispers Exotic Emote
    o Eris Morn Exotic Ghost Shell
    o Benighted Omen Emblem

Shadowkeep Features:
    • New Destination - The Moon.
    • New Story Missions & Challenging Quests
    • New Dungeon
    • New Exotic Gear
    • New Raid
    • Season Pass for Season of the Undying*

Pre-order Bonuses:
    • Pre-order to receive a copy of Destiny 2, Curse of Osiris, and Warmind to begin playing today.
    • The Two-Tailed Fox Exotic Rocket Launcher and exclusive Chasing Kitsune Hive-themed Ornament once Destiny 2: Shadowkeep launches.

I'll definitely be picking it up, not sure which version though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

deluxe on xbox and standard on pc, given how much crosssave play i have been doing. seasons will share over to pc from xbox if you have the standard on pc

double dipping but i tend to hammer games when i get into them rather than play a lot of different games. it was all supposed to be about the division 2 but given where that is destiny is the go to.

Already pre-ordered the Delux for the PS4. I'll get the standard for PC so I can dip into some bits on that, it'll be mainly PS4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Pre-ordered Delux for PS4 a few weeks ago, we get good value out of it with the two of us running the one copy :)
    I think my PC (2009 vintage i7) would collapse in a gibbering heap if I tried to run Destiny on it. It has 24GB of RAM, but the video card would say "Sayonara, baby" after a few minutes' play.

• Advertisement

What graphics card do you have?
    My PC is very much last gen, but still managed to run it without too much hassle.
    Sniper has something old enough as well and can also run it.

Don't think D2 is actually that heavy on resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What graphics card do you have?
    My PC is very much last gen, but still managed to run it without too much hassle.
    Sniper has something old enough as well and can also run it.

Don't think D2 is actually that heavy on resources.
    I can't run it. My video card would spontaneously combust, I only have a Radeon 4870, other than that its spec is similar to Yakuzas rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I've replaced it a few times since buying the PC. It has some cheap-ass passive heatsink Nvidia something or other. Will check it out later when I'm home. It was originally a media centre PC before they went the way of the dodo, so it was more about video capturing etc rather than gaming. When I bought it I had made the transition from gaming on a PC to the PS3. The last game I played on a PC (different one to the above) would have been Everquest and Need for Speed Most Wanted in about 2005/6.

mossym wrote: »
    deluxe on xbox and standard on pc, given how much crosssave play i have been doing. seasons will share over to pc from xbox if you have the standard on pc

I'll go Deluxe on Xbox as well and will see if I can pick up a cheap standard PC version in a month or two, just to really experience the game.

I'll go Deluxe on Xbox as well and will see if I can pick up a cheap standard PC version in a month or two, just to really experience the game.
    Base game will be free, that's why most of us are going with cross save.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

First expansion I haven't pre ordered yet because I've no ****ing clue what I have to buy.

I have everything so far on ps4 but want to play on pc as well with cross save and having a good pc for solo stuff, but I want to keep on ps4 with the S*O guys as its fun raiding with your friends.

So I gather on pc I buy forsaken to get that expansion and current seasons.

Base game is free with osiris and warmind.

And then buy shadow keep deluxe for all the upcoming seasons.

But someone on reddit pointed out that bungie have said the seasons are cross platform.... Maybe.

Head melted

bungie have said the seasons are cross platform, if you have shadowkeep on each platform

so, buy shadowkeep + all seasons (so delux) on your main platform (sounds like PS4 for you), and then buy basic shadowkeep on your PC. this will give you the same access on both platforms

on pc, only the base game + warmind and osiris is free. if you want forsaken on pc, even if you own on ps4, you have to buy it separately. if you buy it now it has the season pass for free, so you get access to everything ( well for a week until SK drops)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

mossym wrote:
    bungie have said the seasons are cross platform, if you have shadowkeep on each platform

mossym wrote:
    so, buy shadowkeep + all seasons (so delux) on your main platform (sounds like PS4 for you), and then buy basic shadowkeep on your PC. this will give you the same access on both platforms

mossym wrote:
    on pc, only the base game + warmind and osiris is free. if you want forsaken on pc, even if you own on ps4, you have to buy it separately. if you buy it now it has the season pass for free, so you get access to everything ( well for a week until SK drops)

Thank you that cllears things up nicely

I purchased the deluxe version for my main console (Xbox) but I also want to play a bit on PC. I already have the base game for free (with Osiris & Warmind).

So do I need to just purchase Shadowkeep standard version for PC, will this give access to Forsaken content on PC as well or is that a separate purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I purchased the deluxe version for my main console (Xbox) but I also want to play a bit on PC. I already have the base game for free (with Osiris & Warmind).

So do I need to just purchase Shadowkeep standard version for PC, will this give access to Forsaken content on PC as well or is that a separate purchase?

Forsaken is a separate purchase, though you will still have access to the Tangled Shore, Dreaming City, Gambit and the Forsaken strikes if you don't buy it.

• Advertisement

As far as I understand it forsaken is a separate purchase.

Any weapons etc you get from forsaken on your main account will be available, as will some of the areas. But to get full access you'll need to buy it

Forsaken is a separate purchase, though you will still have access to the Tangled Shore, Dreaming City, Gambit and the Forsaken strikes if you don't buy it.
    As far as I understand it forsaken is a separate purchase.

Any weapons etc you get from forsaken on your main account will be available, as will some of the areas. But to get full access you'll need to buy it

Cheers gents.

More nerfs in the latest TWAB,all the good PvE damage perks are getting a rework.

This is how warframe lost me as a player,in a game that consumes so much time to get a desired item nerfing it then makes me salty.

The god roll austringer that took me a ton of menagerie runs to get.....ugh:(

I mean why chase anything when in the very next update they may turn around and nerf it to the ground.

They are stating stats and saying things have got out of hand but acting like its not their fault,i mean they design the game so whos fault is it?

Power creep is a thing for sure but nerfing everything people may have takin ages to get is just wrong in my book and leaves a sour taste for me.

They also seem to listen to the wrong people whinging about stuff being OP, it's been happening since D1. They seem to yo yo between too powerful and useless.

Some useful tips HERE to help get ready for Shadowkeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

They also seem to listen to the wrong people whinging about stuff being OP, it's been happening since D1. They seem to yo yo between too powerful and useless.

I'll be interested to see how it all shakes up.

The nerfs to some of the perks are huge, but the game is very stale at the moment.

Outlaw and Kill Clip/Rampage is what you are looking for on most guns.
    And most encounters became: stand in puddle, unload, win.

Yes, this was as a result of their designs, but fook it - if it is broken or boring then don't just sit on it (which is what they do for too long, most of the time).

It could end up making the game boring and crap, but I'll be interested to see what does happen. Will pulse rifles be more fun to use, will other perks or set ups get more use and prove to be fun, will encounters be more dynamic and engaging, will loadouts be more varied.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EVERY DEV also seem to listen to the wrong people whinging about stuff being OP, it's been happening since D1. They seem to yo yo between too powerful and useless.

FYP

Its the loudest, whingiest that get their way.

Pinnacles turning into curated roles is a bit of a blow as well. I was starting to really look forward to the pinnacle weapon reveals every season. I appreciate they are unique weapons but the unique perks were cool.

Just have to see how it pans out when it drops. Pre loaded on steam last night but i wont be pre ordering shadowkeep most likely,have a week off the week after launch so ill let the dust settle on the launch and see then.

Should have a new PC monitor by then aswell so no harm waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Advertisement

I'll be "working" from home tomorrow, so will have this on to pass the time.
    Hopefully pre-loading starts today as well

Advertisement