Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Yakuza wrote: »
    Got it on my 2nd.
    And 6th.
    And 25th.
    :)
    *cough* and 41st.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Those 6 man Nightfalls are actually hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Only 6? Gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Vicxas wrote: »
    Those 6 man Nightfalls are actually hilarious.

6 man....... 12 man NF is where the real fun is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Or 10-man when two of you are beavered out and can only mournfully look on from the sidelines :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yakuza wrote: »
    Or 10-man when two of you are beavered out and can only mournfully look on from the sidelines :(

21kb0m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I was trying to play rise of Iron's campaign solo but it's impossible.
    I got onto that effing fire axe boss and it's so annoying.
    What I hate so much about this dlc is you can't save your progress so if you quit you have to start the level all over again.
    That boss you have to kill with the axe is just impossible.
    You're stuck with a poxy axe and he has a machine gun so if you get shot a few times with the machine gun it's instant death.
    Then you have to start fighting him all over again and it takes ages to take any energy off him.
    Then later there's two of him and all the other enemies you have to kill.
    It's such an unfair and frustrating game to play single player.
    So you've no way of pausing, no way of saving, if you die on a boss you're screwed I'll never buy an online game like this ever again I hate it so much.
    It is bull fking ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That's not the hardest fight in the world, just don't expect to stand in front of him for the entire thing.
    That DLC wasn't exactly difficult unless you're massively under levelled.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That's not the hardest fight in the world, just don't expect to stand in front of him for the entire thing.
    That DLC wasn't exactly difficult unless you're massively under levelled.

I'm at level 40.
    It's frustrating as hell.
    You can basically jump up and down pounding hammer into the ground to find you've taken hardly any energy from him. Run away hide behind a wall, do this a million times then eventually get killed by gunfire within a split second and have to start all over again.
    Then if you want to quit and go and do something when you come back you have to restart the entire level all over again.
    It is just crap, total bloody crap.
    So stupid.

I finished the main game and other dlc anyway so I think I've had enough of Destiny. I think Rise of Iron has killed it for me and I'll just delete it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I'm at level 40.
    It's frustrating as hell.
    You can basically jump up and down pounding hammer into the ground to find you've taken hardly any energy from him. Run away hide behind a wall, do this a million times then eventually get killed by gunfire within a split second and have to start all over again.
    Then if you want to quit and go and do something when you come back you have to restart the entire level all over again.
    It is just crap, total bloody crap.
    So stupid.

I finished the main game and other dlc anyway so I think I've had enough of Destiny. I think Rise of Iron has killed it for me and I'll just delete it.

Your level may be 40 but what is your light level in the game? That may need to be bumped up a bit for the area your in.

• Advertisement

Garden of Salvation 12 man divinity run complete :D

On to the next activity.......... DESTINY 1 RAIDS....... March 17th........ whos up for it?

Kimbot wrote: »
    Your level may be 40 but what is your light level in the game? That may need to be bumped up a bit for the area your in.

You were right.
    I changed my weapons to get my light level up
    couple of days ago and then finished it first try.
    I wasted so much time on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PLayed some Trials on Friday night - got a decent handcannon and had an ok time. was stomped more often than not but didn't want to uninstall destiny.

Played some trials last night and.... I never want to play trials again. Was ROUGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Never played Trials, seems like im not missing much

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Vicxas wrote: »
    Never played Trials, seems like im not missing much

You'll be missing two good, potentially amazing weapons.

The hand cannon with a damage perk (none of mine got a damage perk) can 2 tap.

The pulse can roll with desperado (like Redrix had) which makes it a freaking monster.

Both have been three win and bounty rewards so I reckon we won't see either at the accessibility again til next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

agreed. i got an outlaw desperado messenger (pulse) and a couple of rapid hit rampage HC's. both are now my go to weapons for PVP

plus, trials was a lot of fun this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was just looking at an interview with Justin Truman on eurogamer and basically over time the whole of D2 is going into the content vault.

Its is disgusting imo,like take this quote for example:
    When we think about the Destiny Content Vault, we are definitely thinking about the long term health of Destiny. I don't want, as a player, to log into a Director that has 20 planets on it crowding up the screen, and there are eight different Raids that I feel obligated to grind every single week on three characters.

So you removes hundreds of euros worth of content because you don't want a cluttered screen?
    Multiple straw mans in the article about why its actually good for everyone including players.

Anyone who believes this is being done for the good of destiny and not for the good of bungies bottom line is drinking the same kool aid bungie are. Make D3 you thieving bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

mossym wrote: »
    agreed. i got an outlaw desperado messenger (pulse) and a couple of rapid hit rampage HC's. both are now my go to weapons for PVP

plus, trials was a lot of fun this weekend.

I got the same roll Messenger over the weekend (Outlaw and Desperado). It's a beast in PvP. I managed team wipes with it in IB over the weekend because of the firerate.

Finally hit 1325 after the raid run last night :D SO I will be looking to do some GM's soon :D

you picked a hell of a week for it. i have the conqueror title from a previous season, trying to guild it this season. done the last couple of weeks were easy enough. this weeks is absolutely brutal. it's as bad as teh corrupted from the season i originally did conqueror

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mossym wrote: »
    you picked a hell of a week for it. i have the conqueror title from a previous season, trying to guild it this season. done the last couple of weeks were easy enough. this weeks is absolutely brutal. it's as bad as teh corrupted from the season i originally did conqueror

You can glitch out of the map to get above the arena. The boss can't hit you unless you jump and Skyburners can shoot through the dome shield if you don't have the anti barrier mod on. Just for the ability to shoot outside the dome it wouldn't be a bad idea for someone to have it equipped.

You can glitch out of the map to get above the arena. The boss can't hit you unless you jump and Skyburners can shoot through the dome shield if you don't have the anti barrier mod on. Just for the ability to shoot outside the dome it wouldn't be a bad idea for someone to have it equipped.

yeah have seen the glitch. got to do it legit though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Banshee is selling Powerful Friends. If you don't already have it make sure to grab it before next daily reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Season Of the Splicer

Pew pew pew
    The Vex have plunged the Last City into an endless night, threatening the safety once found beneath the watchful presence of the Traveler. It is here, bathed in perpetual moonlight, that Ikora reveals the identity of an unlikely ally that may hold the keys to triumphing over this attack.

Mithrax, Kell of the House of Light, leads a small group of Eliksni who wish to be closer to the Traveler. As a Sacred Splicer, he possesses the knowledge needed to combat the Vex technology that ensnares the Last City. There is a bond of Light shared here… will it be enough?

Stored away, deep in the Vault of Glass on Venus is Atheon, Time’s Conflux. No one knows what this Vex is. Guardians must access the Vault, navigate the fractures in space and time, and terminate Atheon before it can become an unstoppable threat.

Bagsy adopting the first baby fallen and calling him Randall :D

New 6 man is ok better than nothing I guess.

Story moving along as well heading for a showdown in about 5 years,
    Humans/Cabal/Fallen vs Hive/Vex/Darkness

Im sure there will be major deaths at some point.

No interest in transmog.

Feel the season pass i a bit light not giving a full armour set tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dreamers75 wrote: »
    New 6 man is ok better than nothing I guess.

Story moving along as well heading for a showdown in about 5 years,
    Humans/Cabal/Fallen vs Hive/Vex/Darkness

Im sure there will be major deaths at some point.

No interest in transmog.

Feel the season pass i a bit light not giving a full armour set tho

There is still a full armor set for the season, it's just earned from activities now instead of also on the season track.

There is still a full armor set for the season, it's just earned from activities now instead of also on the season track.

yeah .....lazy.....usually just grabbed that and masterworked :pac:

lol i forgot the corrupted and taken in in my 3v3, remember those lads.

• Advertisement

I have to say the changes to the Vault oof glass make it brilliant to run. Finally got a completion in last night and going for another tonight.

Thundercrash titan does 331k damage (well I was hitting him for 331k last night), Solar Fusion nade with your 3x stack active does nearly the same damage so no more fisty fisty boss :( but OMG I have hammers to fling again :pac:

Taken from Reddit:
    Credit to u/Greysoular for this strat from day 1 (original post). I just added more to it.

Titans, try using middle tree solar subclass for the fusion grenades and fastball.

With x3 roaring flames and breach and clear debuff, each fusion grenade does 211,895 damage and almost instantly recharges.

In comparison, thundercrash with falling stars seems to do around 300-400k, so each fusion grenade is equal to half a thundercrash.

Weapons best paired with this are anarchy and salavagers salvo (demolitionist and vorpal weapon) with breach and clear.

Best setup for this, activate your burning maul super during third oracle call, get x3 roaring flames.

As times vengeance starts, throw a grenade at a supplicant to refresh the timer and setup with your team.

1.Stick with anarchy for passive tick damage.

2. throw fusion grenade.

3. shoot salvagers salvo.

The fusion grenade throw will reload salavagers thanks to demolitionist, but not always as there is a cooldown.

repeat every dps phase.

Good exotics to pair with this are:

Heart of inmost light to increase fusion nade damage (throw a hammer at the boss when you can)

Synthoceps to increase super damage for easier ad clear and roaring flames build up.

Ashen wake to decrease explosion time (risky as it offers higher chance to kill yourself if teammate walks in front of you during dps).

EDIT: Since Atheon likes to move alot during dps, fastball is a must to better connect the grenades.

EDIT 2: Here are some damage numbers from average amount of grenades thrown and Gl shots fired (These numbers include breach and clear debuff with well weapon buff and no hinderence to dps such as detainment).

2 sets of 2 anarchy bolts stuck = 200k (100k over 10 seconds from the first set + additional 100k from the second).

8 salvagers salvo shots = 280k (8 x 35k).

10 fusion grenade throws = 2118k (211.8k x 10)

2118k + 280k + 200k = 2598k damage average per dps phase.

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/nkpbal/atheon_dps_tactic_for_titans_dont_sleep_on_fusion/

Advertisement