Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving money from UK bank

• 08-12-2017 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭

I wasn't quite sure where to ask this so apologies if its in the incorrect place.

I provided a service for a client in the UK, we agreed on price, it was done within the agreed timeframe and i requested to be paid, which I was told, that this company pays all invoices at the end of the month.

Fast forward to the end of November, I got in contact with this client again and asked what exact details he needed, sent them on and last friday, I received an email to say that the payment had been set up with the bank and it was approved.

Throughout my time dealing with this client, he's shown he cannot be trusted and I honestly just want to be paid for my work and cut ties altogether. It's now been a week, 5 full working days and I'm yet to receive anything.

Maybe my lack of trust for this person is adding to my worry but in this day and age, do bank transfers still take 5 working days?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

but in this day and age, do bank transfers still take 5 working days?

I've got payments within 2 days using an IBAN - is that what you provided?

5 days seems very long and if you don't get it by Monday I'd be asking him for proof of the transaction! You could ask your own bank if there are any pending incoming payments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I've got payments within 2 days using an IBAN - is that what you provided?

5 days seems very long and if you don't get it by Monday I'd be asking him for proof of the transaction! You could ask your own bank if there are any pending incoming payments?

Yeah, BIC and IBAN I provided him with.

I queried it with him earlier, his excuse was its Saturday so he has no way to contact his bank but assured me it was sent to the details I provided, after requesting a reference number for the transaction, he hasn't replied.

If it's not in by Monday, I'm gonna have to take this further.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Yeah, BIC and IBAN I provided him with.

I queried it with him earlier, his excuse was its Saturday so he has no way to contact his bank but assured me it was sent to the details I provided, after requesting a reference number for the transaction, he hasn't replied.

If it's not in by Monday, I'm gonna have to take this further.

Have you checked with your bank? In my experience, UK banks are not terribly happy doing IBAN payments as they don't make much out of it. I had a large payment go missing at one stage and when I checked with my bank they found it in a suspense account because the UK bank and missed a digit out of the IBAN...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Have you checked with your bank? In my experience, UK banks are not terribly happy doing IBAN payments as they don't make much out of it. I had a large payment go missing at one stage and when I checked with my bank they found it in a suspense account because the UK bank and missed a digit out of the IBAN...

Oh right, I didn’t know that could happen! I asked them on social media about it not being in after 5 days and they said to check with the bank it was sent from. Might be worth a call Monday to see, how did you get proof the transaction was definitely sent, if you don’t mind me asking?

Advertisement