Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 8th December

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Funny stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The crazy thing is a lot of country people talk like this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lads, ye are fierce harsh on the accents.

If it's not our Saoirse it's Pat - sure they only talk the way they do, there's no crime in dat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

He nailed the accent. Its spot on. Personally think its funny. Its the way the old characters used carry on down these neck of the woods before the world became this politically correct, bland place full of stiffs.

Ah was thinking that. I can't relate to it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

cloneslad wrote: »
    They do, my girlfriend's parents love this crap as does her brother. She often quotes parts of the show he did with the other lad and looks at me with disgust when I haven't got a clue what she's talking about.

I had to turn it off

Ireland is a strange place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tis far from Cork she was rared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Not Caaaarrrkkkkk!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not cork :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Cork is no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

country people like Pat like Dubs like Mrs Brown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Cavan!!! That money will not see the light of day ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

To my Graham Norton recording I go...

Berserker wrote: »
    Ah was thinking that. I can't relate to it at all.

Ah yeah fair enough. You kind of have to be from rural Ireland to get it to be completely honest. Its niche comedy in that respect. Thats about the extent of Shortts talents though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I thought Pat was gas altogether. In stitches at him giving out about the two jack russells and the barracks being treated like a kennels :D

It's so relatable to characters you'd see in the country, so I can see why the East Brits in the Pale don't get him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Skid X wrote: »
    Lads, ye are fierce harsh on the accents.

If it's not our Saoirse it's Pat - sure they only talk the way they do, there's no crime in dat.

Dats right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I've seen funnier car crashes

Autosport wrote: »
    The crazy thing is a lot of country people talk like this :D

Alot of the older stock down here definately. Effin Eddie Moroney the famous amateur commentator is straight out of one of Pats sketches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I actually find this stuff brilliant and very relatable (the accent) with Pat Shortt. He went away from this stuff over the last few years mores the pity.

Yeah, I love it.

I was just looking up the name of yer man who was given just 100 hrs instead of 5mth sentence :(

Judges are too lenient!

i saw a case in the paper in where this judge wasn't having any of it after hearing one guy kicked a small dog to death, heard it was the worst treatment ever given to a small dog, yer man repeatedly lied over it & eventually got 1mth sentence, instead of the feeble fines they usually get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Clearly a lot of people like The Coronas. Not me, but it's a matter of taste. Best of luck to them.

But can you imagine rehearsing that? If I was playing any instrument in that song, I'd be asleep on the floor before the end of the first verse.

Imagine doing it over and over? Little baby jesus asleep in the hay would be more lively than that snorefest.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Clearly a lot of people like The Coronas. Not me, but it's a matter of taste. Best of luck to them.

But can you imagine rehearsing that? If I was playing any instrument in that song, I'd be asleep on the floor before the end of the first verse.

Imagine doing it over and over? Little baby jesus asleep in the hay would be more lively than that snorefest.

I preferred the Coors, they're lighter to listen to ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

McGregor's sister at an absolute push, but Nathan Carter's brother? I don't even know who Nathan Carter is.

I'm gonna hazard a guess from your username that you are very lucky and better off not knowing who Nathan Carter is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did he do the she fell, she fell, right under my spell song?:D

Yes he did play that gem :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ah yeah fair enough. You kind of have to be from rural Ireland to get it to be completely honest. Its niche comedy in that respect. Thats about the extent of Shortts talents though.

He's brilliant in Garage. Probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves for it.

The comedy isn't for me but think he'd be a decent enough presenter, likeable enough fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

How did we get to domestic abuse and death from dwts

This is RTE. It's standard practice.

I heard a woman on with Darcy today which consisted of the woman telling about the death of a daughter/sister/ mother. She cried most of the way through the interview while Ray sat there and let the advertising dollars flow in. Then he got up and gave her a "Big hug" and everything is grand again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hi all. just in. Ill read through the thread tomorrow. Is there anything worth watching on the repeat?

sligojoek wrote: »
    This is RTE. It's standard practice.

I heard a woman on with Darcy today which consisted of the woman telling about the death of a daughter/sister/ mother. She cried most of the way through the interview while Ray sat there and let the advertising dollars flow in. Then he got up and gave her a "Big hug" and everything is grand again.

I heard most of that & i stopped to listen to it, was that the one who's friend was Ann D'arcy & husband was called Ray, he found that to laff at, that he's got a sister called Ann Darcy, of course he's got a sister called Ann D'arcy :(lest said about another Ray!

But yeah, he let her go on for a good while, i would have given her a hug straight away, what a senseless & soulless person:mad:
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Hi all. just in. Ill read through the thread tomorrow. Is there anything worth watching on the repeat?

Handy if it's recorded, you can ffwd thru it, he skimmed the Sc-Air Lingus sketch with Saoirse 'like Inertia' Ronan & Corrs were.... well i'm still thinking about it;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Danny o reilly has a very punchable voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    He's brilliant in Garage. Probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves for it.

The comedy isn't for me but think he'd be a decent enough presenter, likeable enough fella.

Again, he played a very relatable character in Garage. It was fantastic acting. Woeful depressing film though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lufties wrote: »

I was jealous of them once because I thought a line in a song was far cleverer than anything I could come up with...then I noticed it's a really obvious line from the lord of the rings :)

Advertisement