Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard and cpu combo

Options
  • 08-12-2017 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,
    Have a computer here but the motherboard and cpu have kind of died, lots of dust and no ventilation didn’t reallu work...
    So I’m looking to swap them out, but I’m on a budget, what would be the best cpu/board combo I could get for under roughly €100.
    Any help you guys have as to amd vs Intel, please let me know,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hey guys,
    Have a computer here but the motherboard and cpu have kind of died, lots of dust and no ventilation didn’t reallu work...
    So I’m looking to swap them out, but I’m on a budget, what would be the best cpu/board combo I could get for under roughly €100.
    Any help you guys have as to amd vs Intel, please let me know,
    Thanks

First are there size limitations in the case?

Do you have multiple SATA devices to connect?

Other PCI-e cards that need to be plugged in?

A bit more info on what you need from it should help narrow things down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tom.the.lad

It’s an m atx case 1 graphics card, 3 SATA drives and usb 3.0 but I can get over the usb situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I guess you plan to re-use most of components from current PC.
    motherboard and cpu have kind of died
    Not clear how you diagnosed this, you sure it is not PSU, RAM, etc. as this would affect your future build. How do you know is both?
    While shopping for MoBo/CPU you have to insure existing components will comply specs and requirements. Otherwise your expense will increase.
    Also, no info on what PC was/will be used for - gaming, office work, general browsing/facebook, etc.

Budget under €100 will limit your options a lot.
    Go Amazon, search MoBo bundles, check specs to see if it will take your existing components.
    Once you happy with bundle - search online for better price(if any)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah would need to know more about the PC. The motherboard and CPU are hardly both dead, likely you just need a new motherboard (if you're sure that's what is faulty). You can't buy the latest stuff as you probably have DDR3 ram, all the new stuff would require DDR4.

Something like a H81M motherboard and an Intel Celeron would be close enough to €100.

Advertisement