Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior insulation

Options
  • 09-12-2017 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello all
    I'm thinking about getting external insulation done on my house next year, all going well. I live just 41/2 miles from the city centre. Wondering would anybody have recommendations of any reputable companies that I could enquire off. Thanks all.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Yes it’s worth doing.

it may be worth speaking to a local designer to detail the plynth, eaves and around windows etc

Contact ‘Sto’ or ‘weber’ who are system suppliers. Ask them who they would recommend/is an approved installer in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Curly,
    ewi may or may not have a real perceptible effect on your house. If going for it, yes, get a reputable company to do it but first have the house tested for air tightness. Why? Because if you house has poor air tightness, ewi won't help much.

Advertisement