Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine Train Station Parking - Availability

Options
  • 09-12-2017 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just wondering what the availability of parking is like mornings Mon-Fri.

1) Does the entire car park get full or are there generally spaces?
    Would like to use this station if possible but wouldn't like to turn up and be stuck and hence delayed into work due to lack of spaces.

2) Also, is it €4.50 per day for parking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A lot depends on what time you plan to be at the station. I get there around 7.15am and there are plenty of spaces, but it might be tighter if you arrived at 9am.

Not sure of current parking machine prices at the station, but if you use the parkbytext app/website parking it's €3.50 per day, €9 per week and €30 per month. Alternatively if you have a taxsaver ticket you can currently get annual parking for €230.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have never seen the car park full since they started charging.
    To avoid the charges many people park in nearby estates - Delwood, Kirkpatrick on the northern side, Luttrell Park, Cherry Park and Riverwood Road on the south side.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Do they not enforce parking restrictions in those estates? I can see some ares have no double lines so I suppose they would work, is it hard to find a spot though?

Asking for a friend :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is parking in the shopping centre in Carpenterstown enforced at all? Parking there might be an option and walking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yep. It is enforced. Also enforced in Tesco which has a 2 hour max (a bit ridiculous when trying to get my hair cut, my nails done, go to the doctor, meet a friend for coffee, and do my grocery shopping recently...!)

Top of Delwood has double yellow lines but top of Glenville doesn't. I park sometimes in Coolmine Mews but I know the owner (doesn't have a car). I believe some vandalism in Kirkpatrick if you park there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

shinju wrote: »
    Just wondering what the availability of parking is like mornings Mon-Fri.

1) Does the entire car park get full or are there generally spaces?
    Would like to use this station if possible but wouldn't like to turn up and be stuck and hence delayed into work due to lack of spaces.

2) Also, is it €4.50 per day for parking?

€4.50 per day!!! F'ing hell rip off republic is alive and kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Phil.x wrote: »
    €4.50 per day!!! F'ing hell rip off republic is alive and kicking.

Compared to €3.60 an hour in the Brown Thomas car park, it seems like a bargain.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Compared to €3.60 an hour in the Brown Thomas car park, it seems like a bargain.

Not when their encouraging you to park and ride.
    It's free at hansfield station.

What is parking like at Hansfield in the morning? Its a pain that you have to change at Clonsilla for Connolly Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Not when their encouraging you to park and ride.
    It's free at hansfield station.

It's €3.50 per day or €9 per week at Coolmine, even cheaper if you pay by the month or by the year. That's no hardship for someone who needs to park and ride.

When it was free in Coolmine, you had people living around the corner driving a hundred yards and parking there, the car park was full by 730 every morning.

Since they brought in charges, somehow a lot of people have discovered they don't need to drive to the station any more.

Give Hansfield a few years, it will be the same.

• Advertisement

BGozIE wrote: »
    What is parking like at Hansfield in the morning? Its a pain that you have to change at Clonsilla for Connolly Station.

Parking is free, maybe about 40/50 spaces right beside the station then more on the road all the way up to the station, lots of spaces at 07.45.

The walk from docklands to Connolly is about 10/12mins.

Parking is free, maybe about 40/50 spaces right beside the station then more on the road all the way up to the station, lots of spaces at 07.45.

The walk from docklands to Connolly is about 10/12mins.

Thanks for that, might be an option over the bus. I would have a 10/15 min walk from Connolly (towards Jervis) so ideally I need to get the Connolly train at Clonsilla/Coolmine/Castleknock...just parking is a pain.

Although...a 25 min walk wouldn't do an awful lot of harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Thanks for that, might be an option over the bus. I would have a 10/15 min walk from Connolly (towards Jervis) so ideally I need to get the Connolly train at Clonsilla/Coolmine/Castleknock...just parking is a pain.

If you have secure parking at your workplace, would you consider cycling? It's downhill through the Phoenix Park and I find the quays, with the bus lane as a buffer, to be comfortable.

daymobrew wrote: »
    If you have secure parking at your workplace, would you consider cycling? It's downhill through the Phoenix Park and I find the quays, with the bus lane as a buffer, to be comfortable.

I would love to cycle as its a relatively nice route as you say, however my workplace is the top floor of a building and we don't currently have secure place to store bikes. It is something management/HR are looking into I believe.

Sorry OP...didn't mean to hijack your thread!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I know it adds extra cost, but you could get the Luas from either Spencer Dock or NCI if you got the train to Docklands. Either stop is only a few minutes walk from the station. Alternatively you could get off the train at Broombridge and get the Luas to Marlborough Street from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Not a train option but i used to car pool with a guy who worked with me in Abbey Street and we got a loyalty pass for Parnell Car Park. Worked out quite cheap, and as I worked self employed could deduct from tax.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Looking into it further I think I'm going to go for the train (currently on the bus).

I'll either buy a parking permit and go from Coolmine, or Hansfield to the docklands and the luas from there.

Appreciate all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Bumping this, parked there (Coolmine Station)) this morning & noticed theres a new contractor looking after the parking since we parked there last, hadn't time to download the app etc. so went to one of the cash pay points & inserted coins to cover a weeks parking, machine took the cash but never printed a ticket. Forced us to try another paypoint & with our remaining cash pay for a single day.

Tried contacting the contractor (APCOA) but their system is fully automated and requests email communication only... have mailed them but not expecting a response anytime soon based on previous interraction with them, anyone else have any issues like this at that car park?
    Will download the app for online paying going forward but not happy at walking away from having to pay €15.50 for a single days parking.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement