Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir bill

Options
  • 09-12-2017 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Has anybody here received a bill from Eir after cancellation. We had what we believed was our final bill which was followed by a credit as we cancelled mid month. This new bill is for 28.75. Modem returned through parcel motel as soon as we received the letter from them.

We cant even seen what the bill is for because we are no longer customers

Anybody any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

I'm in the same boat, https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057807376

Account closed, myeir portal confirms the same. Everything sent back via Parcel Motel, final bill issued and refunded whatever credit was left.
    Fast forward last night, new bill sent via email for 139 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 giggles83

Have you tracked your parcel, ours says it is with the carrier? Its gone back weeks now

It looks like you've beem charged for not returning the modem 59.99 and the tv box set 80.00

Just tracked it, it says 

PM Received PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 24/10/2017 14:55:08

edit: yeap, you're right, it seems so even though they were both returned via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 giggles83

Same, so Eir haven't received it yet then? Still no idea what my charge is for?

I sent a message to Eir on facebook and chatted with one of their guys, he told me the following:
    "[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I've looked into your account & can see that your parcel is in pending active. I'd recommend you to please contact our care team on 1901 (Freephone) & they'll be able to validate your account & will waive of your equipment charges. -[/font]"

So I'll call today and see what happens... very annoying...

• Advertisement

Calling 1901 isn't working of course cause they ask for an active phone number or account number which I no longer have...

I'll try the chat option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

giggles83 wrote: »
    Has anybody here received a bill from Eir after cancellation. We had what we believed was our final bill which was followed by a credit as we cancelled mid month. This new bill is for 28.75. Modem returned through parcel motel as soon as we received the letter from them.

We cant even seen what the bill is for because we are no longer customers

Anybody any ideas

Hi,

Can you PM me your account number and full name, please? I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

RootX wrote: »
    Calling 1901 isn't working of course cause they ask for an active phone number or account number which I no longer have...

Hi,

If you press "#" when asked to enter your phone number you'll be able to get through to someone about this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lmairead

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi,

If you press "#" when asked to enter your phone number you'll be able to get through to someone about this.

- Adam
    I tried this and it didn't work - and you can only deal with 1901 if you have an account number - which I lost when I cancelled my landline recently.  
    A very frustrating number of exchanges via the CHAT facility and Facebook messaging because I was billed for rental AFTER the cancellation date.  The EIR reps on the CHAT and FB had no decision-making authority to rectify the problem.
    Only solution is for me to instruct my bank to NOT pay any DD ('subscription') request from EIR AND also to file a complaint about EIR Customer Service.

Lmairead wrote: »

Hi,

- Adam
    I tried this and it didn't work - and you can only deal with 1901 if you have an account number - which I lost when I cancelled my landline recently.  
    A very frustrating number of exchanges via the CHAT facility and Facebook messaging because I was billed for rental AFTER the cancellation date.  The EIR reps on the CHAT and FB had no decision-making authority to rectify the problem.
    Only solution is for me to instruct my bank to NOT pay any DD ('subscription') request from EIR AND also to file a complaint about EIR Customer Service.
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting through to someone about this. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Lmairead

Hi,

- Adam
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting through to someone about this. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam
    Hi Adam -  can you advise how to PM you on this forum - just joined yesterday.

Hi,

- Adam
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam -  can you advise how to PM you on this forum - just joined yesterday.
    If you hover your mouse over my name there should be an option to send me a private message.

- Adam

Advertisement