Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed: Moving to this area

Options
  • 09-12-2017 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

I have recently secured a new job in North Dublin (close to Blanchardstown). Just moved home after a number of years abroad. Looking for advice on where to live. We have been looking at commuter towns like Maynooth and Naas. Also Rush in Co. Dublin looks lovely. My husband and I are both professionals, mid-30s, no children. We would be happy in a nice area, somewhere with a few pubs, shops and restaurants. We don't want to be smack bang in the middle of Dublin and would be happy to commute. Also don't want to spend an absolute fortune in rent.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thegrowreport

Hi all

I have recently secured a new job in North Dublin (close to Blanchardstown). Just moved home after a number of years abroad. Looking for advice on where to live. We have been looking at commuter towns like Maynooth and Naas. Also Rush in Co. Dublin looks lovely. My husband and I are both professionals, mid-30s, no children. We would be happy in a nice area, somewhere with a few pubs, shops and restaurants. We don't want to be smack bang in the middle of Dublin and would be happy to commute. Also don't want to spend an absolute fortune in rent.

Thank you

Rush is grand tho Lusk is nicer. And Lusk is a handier commute to Blanch. Skerries is beautiful tho a further commute and more expensive for rent etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hi all

Thank you

I have lived in Rush all my life and would highly recommend it. Rents would not be too bad in Rush but I suppose it depends on what you want.

It has 2 great beachs The north beach has a great walk to Martello tower and the south beach is vast with a great walk from convents lane all the way to Rogerstown. There are also some good walking loops. Tesco and Eurospar are main shops.

There are some good places to eat. D'Vine I can recommend and also Joyous garden and there are 2 Indian restaurants also and the Harbour bar has an excellent restaurant. The Strand bar on main street does excellent food also.

There are good sports clubs, G.A.A, Cricket, Golf Basketball, soccer Sailing and running clubs. There is the Millbank theatre which is a great venue to catCh a play or music event and Rush library is across the road from it.

To get to Blanchardstown from Rush is approx 25-30 minutes depending on traffic but not much more. With the flyover off M.50 once you get on to M.1 from Rush it is non stop to Blanchardstown

Rush is well serviced by Dublin bus and train station is between Rush and Lusk.

Good luck with the search. If you need any further info P.M me.

LeoB

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Depending on your financial circumstances, I would personally opt for Malahide first, as it is on the Dart and is a lovely village by the sea, with a smorgasbord of restaurants and bars, and a lovely town center. If that were not possible I would look at Swords, again it has a lot going on, the Pavillions shopping center, a number of bars and restaurants and like Malahide is not too far removed from the City Center and well served by the Swords Express bus.

If a slightly more rural setting appeals to you then Lusk, Rush or Skerries, personally I would prefer Skerries as it is the larger of the 3 with a nice town center with shops, cafes and bars. All are served by rail links to the City Center, within a reasonable distance, but they are a bit more removed from Dublin itself, and certainly getting slightly more rural.

North County Dublin is a nice place with beautiful beaches and countryside on your doorstep. Best of luck with the move and I hope you pick somewhere that suits you and provides what you are looking for in life.

Advertisement