Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

sweetcake wrote: »
    A91 wrote: »
    I rang last week to book interview slot and sent my form last night but have not received confirmation of either ?
    I don’t think
    we will get confirmation of interview until end of this week.
    You should check about your form though because they do email to confirm receipt of form.

Thanks. How long after form is sent should you get confirmation? Sent it again and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I just rang the number to make sure it had sent correctly and it had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Thanks. How long after form is sent should you get confirmation? Sent it again and still nothing.

I rang yesterday and they said by the end of the week confirmation of interview dates will be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

You should get confirmation of email within a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

Confirmation email received for the interview there

• Advertisement

Mac1993 wrote: »
    Confirmation email received for the interview there

Yup - same as

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Anybody know If the interview panel are Gardai? Any tips on what to prepare?!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    Anybody know If the interview panel are Gardai? Any tips on what to prepare?!

I'd doubt it. According to Familiarisation Material - The Interview Board will comprise two members. A Public Appointments Service Representative will also be in attendance to oversee the process and to act as note-taker. The interview will last approximately 40 minutes.

Doesn't state that they will be Gardai so I'm not sure. But I'd guess the standard Civil Service Interviews of the Panel being HEOs or APs

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Martaw

Good Luck to everyone in their interviews :)

I have mine this week, what kind of examples for Information Management would ye think they are looking for?

And apart from competencies, anyone have any idea of other questions? I assume the usual 'Why do you want to work here' questions. Anything else?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Martaw wrote: »

I have mine this week, what kind of examples for Information Management would ye think they are looking for?

And apart from competencies, anyone have any idea of other questions? I assume the usual 'Why do you want to work here' questions. Anything else?

Thanks

I have mine today so I'll update with any tips I can after.

• Advertisement

Rosslyn51 wrote: »
    I have mine today so I'll update with any tips I can after.

Best of luck!!!

Thanks

I was just going to cover the other usuals like weaknesses and how you deal with pressure etc. V nervous for it, hope I don’t get a blank when I go in!

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    I was just going to cover the other usuals like weaknesses and how you deal with pressure etc. V nervous for it, hope I don’t get a blank when I go in!

Also very nervous. Have mine tomorrow so last minute prep tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Also very nervous. Have mine tomorrow so last minute prep tonight :)

Best of luck tomorrow!

I had mine this morning. I have no idea how it went to be honest.

The one bit of advice I have is for each of the competencies the questions asked were specific to different jobs ive had.. So instead of for example can you tell me about a time you prioritised your work they might ask can you tell me about how you prioritised your work in **specific job**

This through me off I had a few examples practiced for each competency but I didnt have an example prepared for every job ive had which was tough as it threw me off a bit. It probably depends on the interviewer aswell tho.

Good luck to everyone

Best of luck tomorrow!

The one bit of advice I have is for each of the competencies the questions asked were specific to different jobs ive had.. So instead of for example can you tell me about a time you prioritised your work they might ask can you tell me about how you prioritised your work in **specific job**

This through me off I had a few examples practiced for each competency but I didnt have an example prepared for every job ive had which was tough as it threw me off a bit. It probably depends on the interviewer aswell tho.

Good luck to everyone

Thanks a million for that. Bet you’re glad it’s done. Which location are you going for? I’m going for Galway. Did they say anything about when to expect to hear from them again?

Best of luck tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone

Thank you :)

Any chance you could post what question they asked for Information Management?
    Wasn't sure if they would ask about experience dealing with confidential information, or given the role, they might ask about information management from a call perhaps.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

I was so confident going into my interview yesterday and when I went in I just blanked!! Ugh! Don’t think it went great! So mad at myself!!
    They said that we won’t hear from them until May because they are interviewing all this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

I found this so much more difficult than I expected! They did “good cop bad cop” one was so pleasant and the other was asking me what I found to be such strange questions and getting really stuck into me about them!

Thanks

They want to know how you organise yourself in order to get tasks done. They ask for a fair bit of detail tbh. And yes they ask why you want to work at this job, what can you bring to it, what challenges will you face if you were to take it on etc

Thanks everyone.

I had mine today, hard to judge how it went to be honest! Felt the questions were a bit rushed, but the interviewers explained they were working to a timeline with the questions.

Agree with somebody above who suggested having specific examples of each competency from each previous employment; questions are very specific and taylored very much based on application form.

Have a few relations in the civil service , they reckon that for such a national campaign Orders of Merit will remain in line with the final aptitude result, that it would be a matter of either passing or failing the interview and keeping OOM (minus those who didn't attend interview or failed).

Don't know if this would be a good thing as I'm OOM 17 for Cork.
    Would love to know the numbers they are actually taking on initially in each centre.

Good luck everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

How long do you reckon you were in there for?? I know they stated forty minutes... seems like quite a long time .. TIA

annatuk29 wrote: »
    How long do you reckon you were in there for?? I know they stated forty minutes... seems like quite a long time .. TIA

Yeah I reckon around 40 minutes, had it yesterday. You’d be surprised, the time flies ! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

Thanks a mil... here's hoping, good luck to you also

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Hi,

How is everyone finding the interview? *Few tips would be appreciated.
    I have mine next week, nerves are kicking in.
    Anyone going for Waterford?

I’m going next week for my interview. I’m going back over everything on my application form. My choice was Castlebar- wonder how many they’re recruiting in there. The very very best of luck to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

heard 20ish for dublin from a internal source

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CRBHOY

How many were called for interview in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

CRBHOY wrote: »
    How many were called for interview in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

GNorton5 wrote: »
    Hi,

How is everyone finding the interview? *Few tips would be appreciated.
    I have mine next week, nerves are kicking in.
    Anyone going for Waterford?

I am going for Waterford too. When is your interview?

• Advertisement

Lozanders wrote: »
    I am going for Waterford too. When is your interview?

I’m waiting to go in for mine now - so will update when I get chance after!

Advertisement