Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

skearnsot wrote: »
    I’m waiting to go in for mine now - so will update when I get chance after!

Very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

I’m waiting to go in for mine now - so will update when I get chance after!

I had mine just before you and I felt mine went well, both interviewers were quite relaxed. Im pretty sure the man was a guard based on his reactions to things I said and how he spoke about the gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

sonas93 wrote: »
    I had mine just before you and I felt mine went well, both interviewers were quite relaxed. Im pretty sure the man was a guard based on his reactions to things I said and how he spoke about the gardai.

They gave me a grilling (I work with fire service) I went blank and blushed and felt almost like a fraud - ðŸ˜
    They asked me about data protection - KPIs and PMDs

Thank you so much for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Had mine today, very hard to know how it went. Sailed through some questions and got bit flustered on others. Some of the questions would have been hard to have been prepared for if you ask me.
    Does anybody have any idea what way the shifts are going to rotate? Like will it be 4 nights in a row (when on night shift)?

• Advertisement

GNorton5 wrote: »
    Had mine today, very hard to know how it went. Sailed through some questions and got bit flustered on others. Some of the questions would have been hard to have been prepared for if you ask me.
    Does anybody have any idea what way the shifts are going to rotate? Like will it be 4 nights in a row (when on night shift)?

GISC in Castlebar work Morn x2 Eve x2 and N x2 - 4 days off and back again on morn shift
    They are 10 hour shifts with Sunday shifts being 8 hours - hope this helps

GISC in Castlebar work Morn x2 Eve x2 and N x2 - 4 days off and back again on morn shift
    They are 10 hour shifts with Sunday shifts being 8 hours - hope this helps

Thank you..but wondering about the other areas, they are 4 x 12 hour shifts..wondering would it be 4 days then 4 days off then 4 nights and 4 days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

I was told it’s 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off recurring

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    I was told it’s 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off recurring

Thank you. I'd imagine it might be hard going from days to nights but just a matter of getting used to.

Thank you. I'd imagine it might be hard going from days to nights but just a matter of getting used to.

Do some or indeed do all of them follow Garda rota?

• Advertisement

I know some of us were wondering if interview will change OOM & I got it confirmed today it does which is disastrous for me as my interview was sickening -

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

I know some of us were wondering if interview will change OOM & I got it confirmed today it does which is disastrous for me as my interview was sickening -

Who did you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

I wonder will they call outside of the numbers they initially stated for interview i fell short by ten places but still said i graduated to the interview stage. heres hoping :)

sonas93 wrote: »
    Who did you ask?

I rang PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Oh very interesting, I can never judge how I did in an interview so I’m v nervous now to see if that’ll improve my OOM. Was anyone given a date we should have heard back by? Checking my email everyday even though I know it’ll be May before we hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    Oh very interesting, I can never judge how I did in an interview so I’m v nervous now to see if that’ll improve my OOM. Was anyone given a date we should have heard back by? Checking my email everyday even though I know it’ll be May before we hear!

Not everyone goes to do the interview though so your OOM should improve from that alone.

Disastrous for me too. I Was hoping they would have combined both but with OOM taking priority..

My OOM is better on my second choice which means If successful I may get called for there first and that's not an option for me..does that mean I'm gone completely off panel if I decline ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Disastrous for me too. I Was hoping they would have combined both but with OOM taking priority..

My OOM is better on my second choice which means If successful I may get called for there first and that's not an option for me..does that mean I'm gone completely off panel if I decline ?

I'm in a similar position, both of my selections are viable but I was higher on the OOM for my second choice. I'll ask them when/if the time comes if I turn down my second choice am I likely to be offered my first choice.

Id imagine they would treat them separately. So if you decline the offer of your second choice when they reach the OOM for your first choice you should get the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

I figured this would be the case but should I be offered my second choice, I don't particularly want to turn it down if the chance of being offered my first choice is slim. At the same time, I can't imagine that if I accept my second choice that they would offer me my first choice at a later date.

Anyway, getting way ahead of myself.

• Advertisement

Lozanders wrote: »
    Id imagine they would treat them separately. So if you decline the offer of your second choice when they reach the OOM for your first choice you should get the offer.

Thank you. Hopefully. IF I'm successful that is. Can't be presumptuous at all but would have to start considering options at this stage nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

I was in last Wednesday, they told me they were interviewing for the rest of the month & they would be in contact in May. I’m presuming early may, fingers crossed anyway

mags4k wrote: »
    I was in last Wednesday, they told me they were interviewing for the rest of the month & they would be in contact in May. I’m presuming early may, fingers crossed anyway

It will be May alright but they didn’t give any indication as to when in May and I stupidly didn’t ask as I went blank - if I get a job outta that interview they’re desperate for staff 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

It will be May alright but they didn’t give any indication as to when in May and I stupidly didn’t ask as I went blank - if I get a job outta that interview they’re desperate for staff 😂😂

My OOM was 11 before my interview, you can be guaranteed I’ve been pushed down the list at least 50 places. My interview was just terrible. The waiting is a killer though, hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.

mags4k wrote: »
    My OOM was 11 before my interview, you can be guaranteed I’ve been pushed down the list at least 50 places. My interview was just terrible. The waiting is a killer though, hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.

Thank God somebody else feels the same as me and I don’t mean that bad - I answered everything they asked but I felt they really were just being needlessly awkward - the fella was anyways nd I think I even caught him rolling his eyes at one stage (I think I did)!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Thank God somebody else feels the same as me and I don’t mean that bad - I answered everything they asked but I felt they really were just being needlessly awkward - the fella was anyways nd I think I even caught him rolling his eyes at one stage (I think I did)!

Hahaha and I caught my guy yawning!!!! I tried not to let it throw me off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Hahaha and I caught my guy yawning!!!! I tried not to let it throw me off!!!!

I would have stopped and asked if i was boring him... cheeky git

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Hilarious!! I too gave a terrible interview but was convinced my guy snorted at one of my answers.Thought I was just paranoid. Glad in a way it wasn't just me.

Good luck all. Time will tell. Not counting on it, that's for sure!!

Aww don't be so hard on yourself

• Advertisement

Waggamamma wrote: »
    Hilarious!! I too gave a terrible interview but was convinced my guy snorted at one of my answers.Thought I was just paranoid. Glad in a way it wasn't just me.

Good luck all. Time will tell. Not counting on it, that's for sure!!

Did they just have one panel for all the interviews? The guy from PAS who was taking notes was lovely

Advertisement