Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Waggamamma wrote: »
    Hilarious!! I too gave a terrible interview but was convinced my guy snorted at one of my answers.Thought I was just paranoid. Glad in a way it wasn't just me.

Good luck all. Time will tell. Not counting on it, that's for sure!!

Oh Jesus - it was definitely good cop bad cop scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

skearnsot wrote: »
    Did they just have one panel for all the interviews? The guy from PAS who was taking notes was lovely

The note taker was very nice. Explained everything clearly. Only wish he had given a safe word to terminate the whole thing haha

Did anyone notice the scores they were taking. I saw numbers being written down. I hope it's out of 5 !!

Waggamamma wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the scores they were taking. I saw numbers being written down. I hope it's out of 5 !!

I was afraid to look anywhere but at the 2 interviewers did you have a woman with glasses and Southern Ireland accent and a man with glasses?

I was afraid to look anywhere but at the 2 interviewers did you have a woman with glasses and Southern Ireland accent and a man with glasses?

No. Neither had glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

Thank God somebody else feels the same as me and I don’t mean that bad - I answered everything they asked but I felt they really were just being needlessly awkward - the fella was anyways nd I think I even caught him rolling his eyes at one stage (I think I did)!

Both of them laughed (a lot) a few times, I don’t know was it with me or at me. Sure it’s a learning curve, never had a tougher interview before anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

I had a pleasant guy, bit grilling at times, and a pleasant girl. And also a woman taking notes. Saw them taking notes but couldn't focus in on what they were.
    I don't feel any way confident about the interview, had so much more prepared but didn't get to Put it across.
    It's very hard to judge so only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Ladies, can I ask what you wore to the interview? Mine is tomorrow and I'm currently having a wardrobe malfunction!

My job at the minute is casual attire, and I'm going straight from work. Any tips?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

facade wrote: »
    Ladies, can I ask what you wore to the interview? Mine is tomorrow and I'm currently having a wardrobe malfunction!

My job at the minute is casual attire, and I'm going straight from work. Any tips?

Thanks!

When I went for my interview most people were wearing a smart dark coloured dress or skirt and a top. Office type clothing. We could leave our jackets and coats outside the interview room.

sweetcake wrote: »
    When I went for my interview most people were wearing a smart dark coloured dress or skirt and a top. Office type clothing. We could leave our jackets and coats outside the interview room.

Yeh I wore black trouser suit & light blue blouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Hi guys,

I have my interview on Thursday and I'm just wondering if a recent work reference is required as I can't seem to find any mention of one in the publicjobs messages.

Hi guys,

I have my interview on Thursday and I'm just wondering if a recent work reference is required as I can't seem to find any mention of one in the publicjobs messages.

They didn’t ask for references, as far as I know if you’re successful at the interview they look for them then

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

mags4k wrote: »
    They didn’t ask for references, as far as I know if you’re successful at the interview they look for them then

Thanks for that :) . So it's just the photo I/d and passport photograph they're looking for?

Thanks for that :) . So it's just the photo I/d and passport photograph they're looking for?

Yeah that’s it, I brought my driving licence & passport. I brought my birth cert too, I think they took a copy of that. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

when they ask about what you know about the job, whats the best answer ? Explain what you think is involved...... how many call centers are there in the country ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

had my interview today, no good cop bad cop, very pleasant and so on put me at ease fingers crossed everybody, they never asked me what i knew about the job either

OscarKilo wrote: »
    had my interview today, no good cop bad cop, very pleasant and so on put me at ease fingers crossed everybody

Lucky fecker ya - where you applyin for?

Dublin :D yourself?

Dublin :D yourself?

Mayo! “Breast of duck” to ya - wish the waiting was over

Mayo! “Breast of duck” to ya - wish the waiting was over
    same too yourself, be proud getting to an interview in any competitive competition is a great achievement (Y)

• Advertisement

same too yourself, be proud getting to an interview in any competitive competition is a great achievement (Y)

Ha ha ha ha Ara I am proud - but Iv bought makin a complete ball sack of it to a whole new level LOL LOL

you should be bro! how dya know? if you answered every Question then you should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Siansa

How are ya lads, I've my interview on Wednesday, does anyone have the link to the material we should study (competencies and questions, "give an example when..." etc.) ? Can't find mine anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

Hi had my interview today. They were really nice. Just impossible to know how I did. Asked a few general interview questions but mostly concentrated on the competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gra08

I have my interview tomorrow! Getting nervous about it now! Just wondering did ye all arrive about half an hour before your interviews? Or would arriving half an hour before it be too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

30 mins before is fine. It will take 5-10 minutes to get checked in and there is a nice seating area to wait in.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

I arrived about 20 minutes early and I was taken straight away which they seemed to appreciate. Maybe someone didn’t show im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

sonas93 wrote:
    I arrived about 20 minutes early and I was taken straight away which they seemed to appreciate. Maybe someone didn’t show im not sure.

I was about 20 mins early and likewise they took me in early... They are working to strict timings and questions. Very nice tbh, explained how it would all play out and exactly as has been said before it was mostly on competencies.
    Try have examples ready.
    I totally forgot to ask how many positions or when wed hear back 😫
    Very best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The interviews should pretty much all be about your competencies, so do not forget to use the S.T.A.R. method of answering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Siansa wrote: »
    How are ya lads, I've my interview on Wednesday, does anyone have the link to the material we should study (competencies and questions, "give an example when..." etc.) ? Can't find mine anywhere!

Hiya, somebody posted the original booklet for me, and that had the competencies at the back of it. The link should be a few pages/posts back

Advertisement