Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

Has anyone any idea how many people applied to this campaign or sat the initial tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Did anybody happen to ask how many they are taking? I was told they where giving results early to mid May, anybody else told this?

sonas93 wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea how many people applied to this campaign or sat the initial tests?

I wouldn’t worry too much about that too be honest, only took 114 forward for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Did anybody happen to ask how many they are taking? I was told they where giving results early to mid May, anybody else told this?

Oh really, early/mid May!! That's not long at all!! Not sure I want to find out..although suspense is absolutely killing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

GNorton5 wrote: »
    Oh really, early/mid May!! That's not long at all!! Not sure I want to find out..although suspense is absolutely killing me.

I was just told May - yeh it’s killing me too

• Advertisement

GNorton5 wrote: »

Yeah same here I just wanna know now! Ha where did you apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Anybody have any idea when the positions actually start? If successful of course 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

I had mine today with an older guy think he was from the DOJ and a lady cant remember where she was from. cant wait to find out now. I wasnt aware it was 12 hour shifts and she asked me did I not know that , I said I didnt but it wasnt an issue, hope that didnt reflect badly on me ughh. I think everyone is in the same boat with the Interviews, really tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Had my interview there. No tricks or trap questions that caught me off. Interviewers were very friendly and explained everything very clearly. Felt like 10 mins passed instead of 40. I was very worried in the build up but it went much better than I expected.

Best of luck all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lfc32

Just had my interview. I can't fault the process, everyone very friendly, some difficult questions and do not think I did enough but we'll done to everyone that gets through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

Anyone know what the numbers they were writing down was about or any idea is it score based...
    Very tough interview...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Is that the end of the interviews now or are they going on into next week?

Folks, was reading back through the thread can what’s the story with the OOM and interview? So if your number 90 let’s say and you do a good interview, your chances are slim of getting the job?

facade wrote: »
    Is that the end of the interviews now or are they going on into next week?

Unless there are interviews tomorrow thats it.. they said they were interviewing until the end of April

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

annatuk29 wrote: »
    Unless there are interviews tomorrow thats it.. they said they were interviewing until the end of April

And the waiting continues lol... at least the end is in sight :)

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Folks, was reading back through the thread can what’s the story with the OOM and interview? So if your number 90 let’s say and you do a good interview, your chances are slim of getting the job?

Iv no idea - sometimes interview doesn’t affect OOM & sometimes it does. Countless people have said to me that interview is just a formality but I think In this case it may be more than a mere formality. If you do a good interview then you may come further up the list & would stand a better chance of being offered a position

skearnsot wrote: »
    Iv no idea - sometimes interview doesn’t affect OOM & sometimes it does. Countless people have said to me that interview is just a formality but I think In this case it may be more than a mere formality. If you do a good interview then you may come further up the list & would stand a better chance of being offered a position

That’s what I was thinking like, push comes to shove like if they have 2 people one that has no life experience being in the top 20 on OOM because of an aptitude Test and the other being down the pecking order in the aptitude test but got 114 or above with all the competencies they want, one would say the interviews would be simply be yes and no as they would want somebody who at least who has the competencies that would be my 2 cents on it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Generally at Co level, interviews are just pass
    /fail so you don't get a new score or position after it. I was placed from 2016 panel and thats how it was.

EO and above has interviews which affect your oom

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

I found the interview a lot harder than the co ones. And as someone mentioned earlier, you couldn't fault the process. I just failed to prepare properly.
    Just out of interest, is it acceptable to bring prompts to interview? Like flash cards for when your brain and mouth don't engage 🙈.

Waggamamma wrote: »
    I found the interview a lot harder than the co ones. And as someone mentioned earlier, you couldn't fault the process. I just failed to prepare properly.
    Just out of interest, is it acceptable to bring prompts to interview? Like flash cards for when your brain and mouth don't engage 🙈.

Deffo not the fault of the process by any means - my brain was up my butt the day of interview & I have bags of experience & had lots of examples “ready” - until I opened my mouth - anyhow!!
    As for prompts???? If I was the other side of the table I don’t think I would look to favourably on them - but I don’t know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yes, bring them but do not bury your head in them for the entire interview. I always have a folder with my CV, questions, research on the position etc with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

For other Cs interviews I have been at, you could only bring in a copy of the form you filled in (with no extra notes on it), you couldn't bring in anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

Reading everyone’s comments about interview I think we were all in the same boat or a lot of us anyways! Many people here apply for castlebar?

Asdfghjkl1 wrote: »
    Reading everyone’s comments about interview I think we were all in the same boat or a lot of us anyways! Many people here apply for castlebar?

Yeh me!

I kinda regret not putting down for GISC. The work is way way easier.

Easier on an emotional level anyway. It's just data entry of an incident that already happened. Control room is correctly dealing with an incident that is just happening which is way more pressure.

I kinda regret not putting down for GISC. The work is way way easier.

Easier on an emotional level anyway. It's just data entry of an incident that already happened. Control room is correctly dealing with an incident that is just happening which is way more pressure.

That’s what I do - control room stuff! U still have to have ur data correct for GISC so I would never say “it’s just data entry”! I know fir a fact the details of some crimes are pretty harrowing matterless of whether they’re live or closed.
    Are you able to transfer from control room to GISC?

That’s what I do - control room stuff! U still have to have ur data correct for GISC so I would never say “it’s just data entry”! I know fir a fact the details of some crimes are pretty harrowing matterless of whether they’re live or closed.
    Are you able to transfer from control room to GISC?

In my dealings with GISC at work it just seems like it's alot less pressure. Have heard from the gards in my station that the control room work is very tough.

You can submit a transfer request after two years i think but you could go into department of employment and working affairs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

The waiting is awful!

What location are you?

• Advertisement

annatuk29 wrote: »
    What location are you?

Dublin wby? ðŸ˜

Advertisement