Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    Galway just in :)

Cork and Waterford both in

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Had Dublin as my first selection and the email I recieved says I'm in the twenties for Galway?
    Does that mean I didn't reach qualifying standard for Dublin?

No, they're sending notification for different areas one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

annatuk29 wrote: »
    _HG_ wrote: »
    Literally just heard for Waterford!

Me too...

Same here. Do we know how many positions are going ? Any ideas on when we will hear next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Got my result for Galway and passed. Delighted :) well done all.

Me too...

Same here. Do we know how many positions are going ? Any ideas on when we will hear next ?

• Advertisement

Me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

Anyone hear about castlebar? How did ye get on? I passed but my place went back a bit. Still very happy :)‚ did most of ye find ye moved up in places?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

A91 wrote: »

No idea, to both those questions! Still feel a bit in the dark!

sonas93 wrote: »
    Anyone hear about castlebar? How did ye get on? I passed but my place went back a bit. Still very happy :)‚ did most of ye find ye moved up in places?

Moved up quite a bit. Pretty happy with final placing, hopefully get a call soon. Would be nice to know how many places are going.

Dublin results haven't been sent out yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

passed in Waterford but Dublin is my main are we sure they are doing it one area at a time. My nerves are gone praying for a chance of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

I went back a bit for Castlebar too but still happy with result so keeping fingers crossed I’ve done enough to get in with the first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

I’m Galway but yep moved up quite a few places thank god so can’t wait to hear next step. Glad you’re happy too:)

Cedric87 wrote: »
    passed in Waterford but Dublin is my main are we sure they are doing it one area at a time. My nerves are gone praying for a chance of Dublin.

Yes, I got notification about Castlebar about 10 minutes before they notified me about Galway. They came in two separate messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Congratulations to all that passed. I got through delighted.
    I have an email with places:
    Castlebar - 66
    Cork - 49
    Dublin- 114
    Galway - 79
    Waterford - 56

Wonder what next stage is and how long it's going to take!

GNorton5 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all that passed. I got through delighted.
    I have an email with places:
    Castlebar - 66
    Cork - 49
    Dublin- 114
    Galway - 79
    Waterford - 56

Wonder what next stage is and how long it's going to take!

That's the number of people invited to interview. The next stage has taken place and the results of that are out, except for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

In top 10 for Castlebar, moved up about 30 places. So delighted as I’m from Castlebar , well done everyone!

That's the number of people invited to interview. The next stage has taken place and the results of that are out, except for Dublin.

Oh yes sorry. Not sure how many actual places. I'd be guessing about one third?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Dublin results out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Yes I passed and my oom changed huge

• Advertisement

Interesting. Initially I had a higher place OOM in Dublin than Galway. Now Galway is higher by 20 places, whereas it was just a few places behind Dublin originally.

Anyone ring to see how many places are available in Dublin I'm low 40's I'll be turning down Waterford holding out for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Anyone ring to see how many places are available in Dublin I'm low 40's I'll be turning down Waterford holding out for Dublin

Waterford is my main and I'll be turning down Dublin where I'm in the 30s so I'm sure you'll zoom up.

That's my hope I was told by a friend working as a dispatcher that they are taking about 20 into Dublin

Oh yes sorry. Not sure how many actual places. I'd be guessing about one third?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

I placed 8 in Dublin hopefully they’re taking on more than 7 ha

I'll swap you your 8 in Dublin for my 27 in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

I'm 9th But I placed for Waterford too and I'm hoping Ill get that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lfc32

Just received an email to say I qualified for the position. Got my order of merit number for my second choice but not my first choice... is it likely that I qualified for one area but not the other? I finished in the top 10 for my second choice.

Is it possible that they are sending the areas one by one?

Anybody hear about Galway?

Yes galway and Dublin results are in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lfc32

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Had Dublin as my first selection and the email I recieved says I'm in the twenties for Galway?
    Does that mean I didn't reach qualifying standard for Dublin?

I got galway results before Dublin results

Advertisement