Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Well done to everyone... I got early 30's in Dublin...big change to initial OOM.. Yet another waiting game.. To be fair they are on the ball with results out a week after end of interviews..

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

anyone know the break down of pay 438 basic then 25% shift is there any other allowance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

Anybody taking Galway over Castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

sweetcake wrote: »

I will be if it works out. Currently top 10 in Castlebar and top 20 in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Cedric87 wrote: »
    anyone know the break down of pay 438 basic then 25% shift is there any other allowance ?

There's an extra allowance if you work a Sunday or Bank Holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Cedric87 wrote: »

There's an extra allowance if you work a Sunday or Bank Holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

I wonder how long the panel will be open for. I get the feeling il be waiting for a while at 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

What does 25% shift rate mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

What does 25% shift rate mean?

Shift allowance added onto your basic pay
    Basic pay + 25% shift allowance = gross pay

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

I wonder how long the panel will be open for. I get the feeling il be waiting for a while at 30s

Im guessing at least 2 years. Its very hard to know how many they currently need, 20 has been mentioned for most areas on here. We dont know either is that starting asap or over a period of time. And you have to remember that not everyone ahead of you will take it either when offered as theyre waiting for their first choice in a different area. That alone pushes everyone up a small bit. Im in the same position as you so we will have to just wait it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 sinead_166

Any word on when we will hear anything? 🀔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Is it just waiting on an offer next? I’m top 3 for both Waterford and Cork but won’t be in a position to take up the role till September, due to my current work commitments. Will I be able to defer till then?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

sweetcake wrote: »
    I am within the top 5 on the OOM for Galway but I'll be taking Castlebar, so that will bump up a few people 1 place.

I also heard from someone who works at GISC currently that an email was sent around recently saying that they are looking for 10 positions there. Not heard about anywhere else.

Casper107 wrote: »
    I am within the top 5 on the OOM for Galway but I'll be taking Castlebar, so that will bump up a few people 1 place.

Anybody else in the top 15 for Galway but unlikely to take it in favour for somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    Anybody else in the top 15 for Galway but unlikely to take it in favour for somewhere else?

Me! I am top10 in Castlebar and will be taking that if I am offered

Suaeva wrote: »
    Me! I am top10 in Castlebar and will be taking that if I am offered

And you're top 15 in Galway? Hoping to get bumped up a couple of spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

And you're top 15 in Galway? Hoping to get bumped up a couple of spots.

Yeah, fingers crossed we all get offered what we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smurphy51

Yeah I’m in the top 10 in Galway but won’t be taking it. Just outside the top 10 for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

Anyone in the top 10 in Waterford not taking it?

• Advertisement

Going to call Antoinette Fearon, Recruitment Manager, tomorrow to see if I can glean some info regarding when we are likely to hear more news. I suspect that Garda Vetting and references will be next.

Anyone else tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Lozanders wrote: »
    Anyone in the top 10 in Waterford not taking it?

Yep. I’m top 5 but not taking Waterford

Just spoken to a very helpful chap and he stated that the next stage will be the security check and a hearing test... I SAID A HEARING TEST !!!

He said that the messages for this are likely to be towards the end of the month.

You're welcome... :)

Casper107 wrote: »
    and a hearing test... I SAID A HEARING TEST !!!

He said that the messages for this are likely to be towards the end of the month.

You're welcome... :)

WHAT?! In before someone asks where they can practice the hearing test :D. Just kidding.

Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

i hate being put in them boxes with the headset listening for a low beep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oliolioli

Anyone any idea what the numbers are likely to be for Galway? I've heard it's a brand new centre. They were interviewing 79. Would there be people transferring as well as new recruits? I wonder are these panel numbers based on percentages or needs over a certain time? Would love to know...

Oliolioli wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what the numbers are likely to be for Galway? I've heard it's a brand new centre. They were interviewing 79. Would there be people transferring as well as new recruits? I wonder are these panel numbers based on percentages or needs over a certain time? Would love to know...

I heard the same about Galway. I work in a Garda station currently and was told if it's a new headquarters there may be units set up for the roster, similar to the Gards with 5 or 6 minimum per unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

I live down the road from the new Galway headquarters in Renmore where the Galway crew will be based. The builders are still there. It’s meant to open in June but it’s behind schedule. It looks another month or 2 away from completion anyway. That’s all I know!! I’m in top 10. Fingers crossed for everybody:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

Publicjobs are phoning around to see which area you prefer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Lozanders wrote: »
    Publicjobs are phoning around to see which area you prefer

Did you get an email address to send your preferred location to think i took it down wrong

Advertisement