Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

Rosslyn51 wrote: »
    Did you get an email address to send your preferred location to think i took it down wrong

Yeap its CRO2018@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Hi guys new to boards .ie
    I too am waiting too hear from public jobs to see what the next stage is and when .15 for Cork and Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

8943 wrote: »
    Hi guys new to boards .ie
    I too am waiting too hear from public jobs to see what the next stage is and when .15 for Cork and Waterford
    Got call from PAS this morning. They are recruiting 12 in Waterford (not sure about Cork), but I'm sure you'll be bumped up by others not taking places.

GNorton5 wrote: »
    Got call from PAS this morning. They are recruiting 12 in Waterford (not sure about Cork), but I'm sure you'll be bumped up by others not taking places.

Thanks very much for the reply , no phone call as of yet any how .i heard there only employing a smaller number in Waterford because they will be eventually be covering that are from Cork .

Thanks very much for the reply , no phone call as of yet any how .i heard there only employing a smaller number in Waterford because they will be eventually be covering that are from Cork .

Area *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

They may be starting with the low OOM for each area to get a feel of who wants to go where. Then match that against numbers required in each location. They may not be calling everyone who passed the interviews just yet - but that's just my thinking only.

Casper107 wrote: »
    They may be starting with the low OOM for each area to get a feel of who wants to go where. Then match that against numbers required in each location. They may not be calling everyone who passed the interviews just yet - but that's just my thinking only.

I have a buddy who placed 5th and he got the call this morning .so I think you could be right there

I have a buddy who placed 5th and he got the call this morning .so I think you could be right there

I'm 3 & 4 for my chosen locations and got a just after midday today

I'm 3 & 4 for my chosen locations

That’s great stuff Well done .did u get your phone call ?
    You are guaranteed a position , which area you apply for

Got call just after midday. GISC & Galway, but taking GISC.

• Advertisement

did any of you use test preparations or any other place too help with the campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

GNorton5 wrote: »

BRB - just doing some maths

@Casper did they give you any idea on how many they're taking on in those locations?

@8943 - Used their practice examples mainly. Only just scrapped through though. Had to make up a lot of ground in the interview.

@DeanoG14 - only heard that they are looking for 10 @ GISC, not heard officially any others except what is being said on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Anyone placed in Dublin get a call?

@8943 - Used their practice examples mainly. Only just scrapped through though. Had to make up a lot of ground in the interview.

@DeanoG14 - only heard that they are looking for 10 @ GISC, not heard officially any others except what is being said on here.

The lack of info from PAS is driving me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

gelsthe wrote: »
    Anyone placed in Dublin get a call?

No, placed 8 in Dublin still haven’t gotten a call

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

No, placed 8 in Dublin still haven’t gotten a call

Thanks for reply. Well done with OOMðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sinead_166

Any idea how many they're taking in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Just got a call in relation to my location preferences.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Just got a call in relation to my location preferences.

What part of the country is that bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Had applied for Galway and Dublin. Placed in the 20s for Galway, 30s for Dublin.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Had applied for Galway and Dublin. Placed in the 20s for Galway, 30s for Dublin.

Well done, I’d imagine there looking for a lot of staff for the dublin metropolitan region .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

Got a phone call too! For Waterford and Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

what number are they up to roughly going by people that have had the call ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

Cedric87 wrote: »

For Waterford they're only ringing 25ish. (I asked) I'm mid 20s for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Cedric87 wrote: »

I was top 20 Cork and Waterford and got a call Friday asking preferred location

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

im late 20's in waterford but early 40's for dublin. im holding out for dublin. doubt they'l get to me in dublin however

I was top 20 Cork and Waterford and got a call Friday asking preferred location

I’m placed 15 Cork and Waterford .i didn’t get a call yet just wondering is it been done alphabetical or ?? Anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

I’m placed 15 Cork and Waterford .i didn’t get a call yet just wondering is it been done alphabetical or ?? Anyone know

Would of assumed its done by OOM not sure how it could work alphabetically

• Advertisement

Would of assumed its done by OOM not sure how it could work alphabetically

Ohh yea sure we only have a candidate I’d number 🀦*♀️.
    Hope to get a call soon

Advertisement