Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

_HG_ wrote:
    For Waterford they're only ringing 25ish. (I asked) I'm mid 20s for Dublin.

Can I ask did they only ask your area preference or any other details? Start dates etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

gelsthe wrote: »
    Can I ask did they only ask your area preference or any other details? Start dates etc?

I was only asked area preference

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

I expect that they will be starting people in batches due to the requirement to run training courses for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SeanMacAB

In the 20s in Galway and got a call yesterday. They said it wasn't a job offer but that I was 'being considered' whatever that means! Hope something happens soon. Dying for a change of air!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

SeanMacAB wrote: »
    In the 20s in Galway and got a call yesterday. They said it wasn't a job offer but that I was 'being considered' whatever that means! Hope something happens soon. Dying for a change of air!

Should mean you are in clearance now, assuming they asked you to submit gardai clearance and references etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

They only asked my preference. I got the whole "being considered" thing too. No start dates were mentioned at all. He said the next stage was the hearing test and the vetting and that I'd hear about that soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

got the call today also. he said they have 44 for dublin that they are interested in. we'll no more soon.. can anyone confirm the email address is cro2018@publicjobs.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

Cedric87 wrote: »
    got the call today also. he said they have 44 for dublin that they are interested in. we'll no more soon.. can anyone confirm the email address is cro2018@publicjobs.ie ?

That's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

Was the call in regards to preferred location? Would be nice if they got in touch with people with just one preferred location to let us know what’s going on ha

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Just checked the TV guide (where I scribbled it down) and that's her alright. Don't seem to have sent out confirmation emails so I wouldn't worry, if that's what you're worried about.
    I really hope it is 44!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

Hi my OOM is 44 for Dublin and I got the call about 6 yesterday evening.

annatuk29 wrote:

I'm early 30's Dublin and still no call 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

I'm early 30's Dublin and still no call ��

Did you select one or two areas on the application? My thinking is that if you only picked one area then they already know the answer to the question "which area would you prefer?".

• Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

It would be no harm to give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Not sure why they didn't just send everyone a message through publicjobs in regards to this. Rather than spend a few days calling people

annatuk29 wrote:

I'm mid 30's for Dublin but no call 😱

DeanoG14 wrote:
    Did you select one or two areas on the application? My thinking is that if you only picked one area then they already know the answer to the question "which area would you prefer?".

Initially I chose 2 but when I got the results after interview I was only given Dublin... I will call this afternoon see what's what. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Would anyone know how many are being taken on in Galway?

Very helpful in Pas today. As said before we are in 'clearance' which can take weeks/months then an audio test too. She said 54 are being brought forward with 44 positions in Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Does any one have any idea about numbers being called forward for Cork or the number of positions available? The waiting is dire!!

• Advertisement

Very helpful in Pas today. As said before we are in 'clearance' which can take weeks/months then an audio test too. She said 54 are being brought forward with 44 positions in Dublin..

Not sure about those figures, that just leaves 10 spaces for the rest of the country?

It may be that they are bringing forward 10 above what they need for Dublin for people that either don't pass vetting or just don't show.

I suspect they will do similar for the other locations.

Casper107 wrote:
    It may be that they are bringing forward 10 above what they need for Dublin for people that either don't pass vetting or just don't show.

That's exactly what it means.. I was only enquiry about Dublin

Rosslyn51 wrote: »
    Does any one have any idea about numbers being called forward for Cork or the number of positions available? The waiting is dire!!

I rang PAS. They are very helpful. GISC apparently looking for 25 - 30.

Ring them for your locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

has anyone an idea how the pay starts is it basic for training and if so how long is training ?

has anyone an idea how the pay starts is it basic for training and if so how long is training ?

I think i remember reading that training is 1 month and then after that you go onto shifts. Pay is basic until you go onto shifts, you get the 25% increase then.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Casper107 wrote: »
    I think i remember reading that training is 1 month and then after that you go onto shifts. Pay is basic until you go onto shifts, you get the 25% increase then.

Is it true training is in templemore ?

8943 wrote: »
    Is it true training is in templemore ?

No idea about the control room operators but my source led me to believe that GISC training in is Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

The pay is 438 basic and shift allowance only applies after 7 pm until 7 am I think. So you won't get shift allowance for every hour you work if you're working the 7 am to 7 pm tour for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

The pay is 438 basic and shift allowance only applies after 7 pm until 7 am I think. So you won't get shift allowance for every hour you work if you're working the 7 am to 7 pm tour for example.

Are you sure about that? First I heard about that

Advertisement