Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Still not heard anything about anything.....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Casper107 wrote: »
    Still not heard anything about anything.....

Nobody has... frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Very frustrating..it would be nice if they got in touch to let us know what stage they are at and what/when to expect next. Even a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EvianGirl

Exactly!put us all out of our misery and give us some information. I'm cracking up waiting and constantly getting emails from public jobs just not the ONE EMAIL WERE ALL WAITING FOR!it's been a long summer so far and it's not even the end of june. I will have a head of grey hair at this rate again I get called 😫😫

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

The thing that's driving me mad is everyone at my work (garda station) has different ideas on the status of the new Renmore building in Galway and its expected completion timeframe. Now there is hearsay from colleagues on people from department of social protection saying things like "oh that's not going to be done until next year he should've gone for Dublin". How the hell would they know! Infuriating stuff!

I'm just so done with misinformation and second guessing and if PAS could update us on the whole situation it would be great! Sorry I had to rant lol

• Advertisement

The thing that's driving me mad is everyone at my work (garda station) has different ideas on the status of the new Renmore building in Galway and its expected completion timeframe. Now there is hearsay from colleagues on people from department of social protection saying things like "oh that's not going to be done until next year he should've gone for Dublin". How the hell would they know! Infuriating stuff!

I'm just so done with misinformation and second guessing and if PAS could update us on the whole situation it would be great! Sorry I had to rant lol

Yup, two months since interview and one month since the results were released and all we have is a phone call asking us what location we would prefer if we get offered a position.

I'm hoping to get Galway also. I heard August/September but it's just hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'm cracking up in my current job. Was really hoping the wheels on this would move quickly, don't want to start looking elsewhere.

I've aksed them a couple of times. Maybe if someone else would ask and give the reply on here we all would be grateful. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

the training for Dublin will be in September i know one of the instructors, with summer leave leaving the staff levels low over the next few months the training has been put off until then.

Just got word...

Assigned to Galway, have to complete vetting that will take up to 12 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Same as that :). Got an e-mail there. Wahey. The moaning worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

Same here!

Guessing we all got an email so?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Yay I got Galway too. Woohoo

Ditto, e-vetting for AGS and e-vetting for PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Same for Waterford. Well done everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Om24

Got the same for Cork :)

Waiting game for Dublin now!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

Got mine for Dublin ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Got mine for cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Yup got the same email - so we have approx 3 months to “play with”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

I got mine for Dublin too... 12 weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

skearnsot wrote: »
    Yup got the same email - so we have approx 3 months to “play with”

That's how long the vetting could take, it could easily be a few months after that before you start. These departments do not move fast.

I did this campaign years ago. It was one year between tests and actually getting placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah 3 months is a conservative estimate, people have been waiting over 6 months and counting on other campaigns currently running with PAS for vetting.

Got the email. Can't say I'm happy with 12 weeks for vetting but sure look. It will eventually happen, I'm just disappointed it wasn't sooner:( I had no holiday booked well that's about to change now anyway, least we know where we stand. I really really hope the training starts in September tho, saw somebody post earlier saying it was, if so happy days.

Nothing for me here. In the thirties in Dublin. Disappointed but congrats to everyone else!

Did you check your spam mail?

EvianGirl wrote: »
    Did you check your spam mail?

It's been there since 5:30 oh my god I'm a spanner. Delighted! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Kablamo! wrote:

Ah delighted for you.... ðŸ‘

Kablamo! wrote: »

Haha happy days 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

How stringent is the vetting? I'm not clued in on this at all. Don't know what to expect or what they look for?

Advertisement