Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

annatuk29 wrote: »
    THanks a million... my surname is T so maybe near the bottom of the list 😂

Hi my oom for Cork was 15 .i haven’t heard anything yet either .i know other guys who have been contacted from Cork .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

8943 wrote: »
    Hi my oom for Cork was 15 .i haven’t heard anything yet either .i know other guys who have been contacted from Cork .

Yeah I still haven't heard anything for Dublin vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gra08

annatuk29 wrote: »
    Yeah I still haven't heard anything for Dublin vetting

What oom are you? I’m high 30’s and have received vetting form for Dublin 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

Gra08 wrote: »
    What oom are you? I’m high 30’s and have received vetting form for Dublin ��

I am low 40's so not panicking just yet!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

Casper107 wrote: »
    It seems from the replies here that GISC GV emails have been sent out but none others. I am top 3 for GISC and I got mine the other day. It seems fairly straightforward to complete at this stage.

I suspect that as GISC is different to the other posts they may be going solo with their vetting and training - but that's just my hunch.

Vetting is the same for everyone, GISC posts are more detailed vetting and it takes longer.
    GISC training is four weeks in house when you start. Heard on the grapevine October seems to be the starting date for GISC, lots in vetting apparently.
    There was EO promotions recently and that was 20 call takers down so its hectic at the moment.

• Advertisement

In my dealings with GISC at work it just seems like it's alot less pressure. Have heard from the gards in my station that the control room work is very tough.

You can submit a transfer request after two years i think but you could go into department of employment and working affairs either.

How would you be dealing with GISC at work?
    Pressure is measured in different ways, GISC might have ten call takers on a night shift, that's for the whole country !! For the ten hour shift it is constant on the phone, there will always be calls waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    How would you be dealing with GISC at work?
    Pressure is measured in different ways, GISC might have ten call takers on a night shift, that's for the whole country !! For the ten hour shift it is constant on the phone, there will always be calls waiting.

I'm the only person dealing with PEMS in my district outside of SOC and have a lot of property to be added on to PULSE incidents.

Oh I know that there is pressure, undoubtedly. Distressing calls or the dispatching of vehicles to a scene seems like that would be a lot more pressure on a personal level as it carries a lot of responsibility.

I'm the only person dealing with PEMS in my district outside of SOC and have a lot of property to be added on to PULSE incidents.

Oh I know that there is pressure, undoubtedly. Distressing calls or the dispatching of vehicles to a scene seems like that would be a lot more pressure on a personal level as it carries a lot of responsibility.

According to some post I have read they only work 8hr out of the 12.GISC is not like that, you log in and you take calls. It is a very strict office. All time is accounted for. Breaks are set and taken as such.

Only gda members can dispatch cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

PhilEllis wrote: »
    What is it you're questioning?

I work for a state agency but not as a clerical officer. I'm on point 3 of the pay scale and I want to know if offered would I be going in on point 3 on the clerical officer scale. I don't want my pension taking a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    Vetting is the same for everyone, GISC posts are more detailed vetting and it takes longer.
    GISC training is four weeks in house when you start. Heard on the grapevine October seems to be the starting date for GISC, lots in vetting apparently.
    There was EO promotions recently and that was 20 call takers down so its hectic at the moment.

It's the same....but more detailed...so not the same...got it :)

• Advertisement

Evetting showing as completed on their website - do I get an email confirming this? Anyone help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 soupdragon01

Hi, I got an email for the e-vetting from an garda siochana, it just asked me for any previous addresses I had, and it said I'd also receive an e-vetting from PAS. I haven't received anything to do with e-vetting from PAS, has this happened anyone else or is it just me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I've only recieved the one myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Evetting showing as completed on their website - do I get an email confirming this? Anyone help.

What website are you looking at Casper 107?

Please note:
    1. You will receive an email advising you that the vetting is completed – this is an automatic email and only represents the first strand of vetting – you will not be contacted by this office or PAS until all strands are completed.
    2. You will receive another e-vetting invitation from the Public Appointments Service – please also complete this. You may have already done so – however our e-vetting will still need to be completed.
    3. Any delay in submitting the return of the e-vetting form to us will cause a delay in processing your Garda Security Vetting and assigning you to a position.

Would this answer your question at all?

skearnsot wrote: »
    What website are you looking at Casper 107?

Please note:
    1. You will receive an email advising you that the vetting is completed – this is an automatic email and only represents the first strand of vetting – you will not be contacted by this office or PAS until all strands are completed.
    2. You will receive another e-vetting invitation from the Public Appointments Service – please also complete this. You may have already done so – however our e-vetting will still need to be completed.
    3. Any delay in submitting the return of the e-vetting form to us will cause a delay in processing your Garda Security Vetting and assigning you to a position.

Would this answer your question at all?

Once you submit your evetting you get a link to follow its progress.

It took about 6 working days to reach the completed stage.

Hi, I got an email for the e-vetting from an garda siochana, it just asked me for any previous addresses I had, and it said I'd also receive an e-vetting from PAS. I haven't received anything to do with e-vetting from PAS, has this happened anyone else or is it just me ?

Just received the one so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PhilEllis

Once you submit your evetting you get a link to follow its progress.

It took about 6 working days to reach the completed stage.

Mine still in progress, :mad:

Mine complete today

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

PhilEllis wrote:
    Mine still in progress,

Does it say still in progress or 'application awaiting for review' , mine hasn't changed from that status since I completed it on June 19th? Wonder is that right? Any ideas?

• Advertisement

gelsthe wrote: »
    Does it say still in progress or 'application awaiting for review' , mine hasn't changed from that status since I completed it on June 19th? Wonder is that right? Any ideas?

Mine says still in progress and I completed mine on the 19th of June aswell.

Mine says still in progress and I completed mine on the 19th of June aswell.

Are ye for GISC or elsewhere in the country?

gelsthe wrote: »

Mine says application complete but iv no real idea what’s next - it’s a game of hurry up and wait - I’m for GISC though not anywhere else

skearnsot wrote: »
    Are ye for GISC or elsewhere in the country?

I’m for Dublin anyways

I’m for Dublin anyways

Think they may be doing GISC before the rest of the country but I may be wrong in saying that too

• Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

I got mine for Waterford, still in progress though!

Update: this came through 'application process completed' yesterday. In Dublin only. Submitted on the 19th June

Update: this came through 'application process completed' yesterday. In Dublin only. Submitted on the 19th June

Did you get an email confirming complete or is that just what is showing on the GV website?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

There are three strands to Garda Vetting for AGS, possibly the message you are getting only refers to one of those.

• Advertisement

Did you get an email confirming complete or is that just what is showing on the GV website?

Thanks in advance.

No email casper, just checked status on the GV website. :)

Advertisement