Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

PhilEllis wrote: »
    No email casper, just checked status on the GV website. :)

Obliged

Sent an email to HRPD.vetting@garda.ie asking what's next as everything seems very quiet.

Will update when I get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EvianGirl

Mine is still awaiting review by registered organisation. Waiting game is never ending 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gra08

Anyone any idea what times the two 12 hour shifts start/finish at in Dublin? Like do ye think it will be 7am to 7pm or 6am to 6pm etc??

🙈

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I heard from a GISC staff member that call operators are expected by September - and the wait goes on :(

• Advertisement

Got 2 emails today.

1st from HR saying that this is strand 1 of 3 and can take 10 to 12 weeks to complete.

2nd email from Evetting saying that 'Disclosure Viewed' which I am assuming is the Garda HR having viewed the result. So I believe that that part is not completed unless anyone else has any ideas?

Casper107 wrote: »
    Got 2 emails today.

1st from HR saying that this is strand 1 of 3 and can take 10 to 12 weeks to complete.

2nd email from Evetting saying that 'Disclosure Viewed' which I am assuming is the Garda HR having viewed the result. So I believe that that part is not completed unless anyone else has any ideas?

I got one saying disclosure made to Garda
    Think next strand is PAS vetting
    Then offer

skearnsot wrote: »
    I got one saying disclosure made to Garda
    Think next strand is PAS vetting
    Then offer

Sorry, typo, assuming that it is completed...etc.

Sorry, typo, assuming that it is completed...etc.

Assuming so yeh

Assuming so yeh

Keeps telling me an error occurred when I try to track my vetting tho

• Advertisement

Keeps telling me an error occurred when I try to track my vetting tho

Can still see mine but I read that the viewing option expires after a period of time once viewed by the requesting organisation....I think i read that somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Casper107 wrote:
    Can still see mine but I read that the viewing option expires after a period of time once viewed by the requesting organisation....I think i read that somewhere....

Mine still hasn't changed since June 19!!

gelsthe wrote: »
    Mine still hasn't changed since June 19!!

Crikey that’s slow

Mine is still visible.

As they have begun viewing the results hopefully they will begin the next strand from Monday....here's hoping anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Mine is still ‘application waiting review’ since 25 June

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    Mine is still ‘application waiting review’ since 25 June

Are you for GISC or elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Are you for GISC or elsewhere?

Galway!

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    Galway!

I have a feeling that GISC places 'may' be being pushed first - just a guess....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mine is still visible.

As they have begun viewing the results hopefully they will begin the next strand from Monday....here's hoping anyway

I wouldn't hold my breath. I am in a different competition with far less people and it's been 6 weeks since my vetting was completed and no movement since. These things tend to take a long time, nothing you can do but wait.

I have a feeling that GISC places 'may' be being pushed first - just a guess....

Yeh I think so too Casper 107

• Advertisement

Here's a random but important one. Would anybody happen to know if the credit union is the same here as the overall civil service one 🀔? Or is it a case that its completely different for Garda civilians? Any info be highly appreciated 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

AGS have 2 Credit Unions, separate to the wider Public Service, but only St Raphaels is open to Garda civilian employees, AFAIK.

https://www.straphaelscu.ie/membership/

Thanks so much for that infacteh

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

I have a question...

With the 4 days on 4 off etc., how would the average month look?

If I was to work my 4 days, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday... Is Thursday my first night off? Would I be rostered on on Monday night or Tuesday night of the following week?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    I have a question...

With the 4 days on 4 off etc., how would the average month look?

If I was to work my 4 days, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday... Is Thursday my first night off? Would I be rostered on on Monday night or Tuesday night of the following week?

My understanding - and I'm probably wrong! - is that its two days and two nights, so in your example you would be Monday 7am to 7pm, Tuesday 7 am to 7pm, Wednesday 7pm to Thursday 7 am, and Thursday 7 pm to Friday 7 am.

Friday is your first day off and you would return on Tuesday morning at 7am.

Again I could be completely wrong, but thats what I took from my interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

facade wrote: »
    My understanding - and I'm probably wrong! - is that its two days and two nights, so in your example you would be Monday 7am to 7pm, Tuesday 7 am to 7pm, Wednesday 7pm to Thursday 7 am, and Thursday 7 pm to Friday 7 am.

Friday is your first day off and you would return on Tuesday morning at 7am.

Again I could be completely wrong, but thats what I took from my interview.

That would be my understanding too. Each shift would start a day later every week.

Is it looking like a 7-7 12 hour shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

GNorton5 wrote: »
    That would be my understanding too. Each shift would start a day later every week.

Is it looking like a 7-7 12 hour shift?

Yeah I think so, I originally thought it was 8, but I asked at the interview and my interviewer said 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Thanks for the help guys! Got another job offer, so every detail became very important.

Two days followed by two nights sounds pretty good. I was under the impression that I'd have to go four days without seeing the little ones. Glad that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Om24

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys! Got another job offer, so every detail became very important

I'm in a similar position been offered a job similar money except its monday-friday.. Its government funded but not civil service so thinking ahead I dont know which is the more secure option..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

i currently work for a company funded by the government and i can say that both jobs are equally secure, shift work takes its toll but the allowance makes the pay very good. i you get a job that is not shift and still similar pay i would take the non shift job, thats just me. unfortunately i am withdrawing my application as im moving to England.

Advertisement