Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Cedric87 wrote: »
    i currently work for a company funded by the government and i can say that both jobs are equally secure, shift work takes its toll but the allowance makes the pay very good. i you get a job that is not shift and still similar pay i would take the non shift job, thats just me. unfortunately i am withdrawing my application as im moving to England.

The very best of luck Cedric and I totally agree with the advice uv given - I’m on shift work for the last 15 years - it’s tough but the allowance takes a bit of a sting outta it! But def go for job without shift If pay is similar

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Cedric87 wrote:
    i currently work for a company funded by the government and i can say that both jobs are equally secure, shift work takes its toll but the allowance makes the pay very good. i you get a job that is not shift and still similar pay i would take the non shift job, thats just me. unfortunately i am withdrawing my application as im moving to England.

Sorry to hear that... After waiting so long..(if the UK doesn't work out this campaign may still be running at this rate 😦) the very best with your new position, and thanks for all the info you have shared on the forum ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smurphy51

I know the shift allowance is 25% each wage but Would anyone have an idea how much the extra payment is when you’re rostered to work on a Sunday or Bank holiday Monday? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Heard from a friend in GISC that AGS HR are saying that they are planning for the first batch in September but GISC are asking for them in August.

Casper107 wrote: »
    Heard from a friend in GISC that AGS HR are saying that they are planning for the first batch in September but GISC are asking for them in August.

Yes I’ve heard that too - they’re begging for staff but September seems to be the given time frame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Does anyone know how much notice of a start date successful applicants will get?

As the summer passes I'm nervous as I'm contractually obliged to give one month.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

facade wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much notice of a start date successful applicants will get?

As the summer passes I'm nervous as I'm contractually obliged to give one month.

Contact HR and ask them in general terms. It's a perfectly reasonable question that they should be able to answer. They have an email address on the evetting page.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

facade wrote: »

Im in the same boat as yourself. Also going away for two weeks in september. Emailed them but they werent able to give me a time frame

A91 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as yourself. Also going away for two weeks in september. Emailed them but they werent able to give me a time frame

I’m in the same boat without holidays booked but obliged to give a months notice. Was fed up waiting today and rang PAS. Was told I will hear from them “in due course” with regard to a hearing test first and then after that result is given an offer will be made! It’s really frustrating me now the way it’s being dragged on.

Colleagues of mine have left where I am now and there was no bother with the months notice part at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EvianGirl

I know someone who used to work in control, and they said that the hearing test is part of the 5 weeks training we all have to do, plus it's no big deal and nothing to be worrying about. Surely part of the initial test we all did clearly shows were fine with our hearing. I'm seriously living in hope tho that come September we will be in a much more informed position and know where we stand. Can't wait to give in my notice and really looking forward to a fresh new start sooner rather than later hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Received an Email from Evetting stating "application complete and disclosure has been made to Guarda Civilian HR Department"

Also checked tracking and it's says disclosure viewed?!?!?

Can anybody shed any light on this?? Does it mean something has shown up, as far as I'm aware I have no convictions or any records?
    Bit confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

GNorton5 wrote: »
    Received an Email from Evetting stating "application complete and disclosure has been made to Guarda Civilian HR Department"

Also checked tracking and it's says disclosure viewed?!?!?

Can anybody shed any light on this?? Does it mean something has shown up, as far as I'm aware I have no convictions or any records?
    Bit confused.

At the moment mine is ‘application scheduled for completion’. I would hope to get an email similar
    To yours soon.
    Yours is obviously complete now and I wouldn’t see anything to worry about in how it is worded. I’d say you’re ready now for next stage vetting

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    At the moment mine is ‘application scheduled for completion’. I would hope to get an email similar
    To yours soon.
    Yours is obviously complete now and I wouldn’t see anything to worry about in how it is worded. I’d say you’re ready now for next stage vetting

Thank you, I hope so, the wording has me concerned as if there was "something" disclosed. Fingers crossed things are moving ...positively..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Thank you, I hope so, the wording has me concerned as if there was "something" disclosed. Fingers crossed things are moving ...positively..

Disclosure is just the final stage.

eVetting Steps

Step 1

The vetting subject manually completes and forwards to the Relevant Organisation a vetting Invitation Form (obtained from the Relevant Organisation) and provides proof of identity.

Step 2

The Relevant Organisation validates proof of identity and sends the vetting subject an e-mail with a link attached inviting him/her to complete a Vetting Application Form.

Step 3

The vetting subject completes a Vetting Application Form online and submits it to the Relevant Organisation.

Step 4

The Relevant Organisation reviews the Vetting Application Form and submits it to the National Vetting Bureau.

Step 5

The National Vetting Bureau processes the application and forwards a vetting disclosure to the Relevant Organisation.

Step 6

The Relevant Organisation reviews the vetting disclosure and as soon as is practicable provides a copy of the disclosure to the vetting subject.

eVetting Steps

Step 1

The vetting subject manually completes and forwards to the Relevant Organisation a vetting Invitation Form (obtained from the Relevant Organisation) and provides proof of identity.

Step 2

The Relevant Organisation validates proof of identity and sends the vetting subject an e-mail with a link attached inviting him/her to complete a Vetting Application Form.

Step 3

The vetting subject completes a Vetting Application Form online and submits it to the Relevant Organisation.

Step 4

The Relevant Organisation reviews the Vetting Application Form and submits it to the National Vetting Bureau.

Step 5

The National Vetting Bureau processes the application and forwards a vetting disclosure to the Relevant Organisation.

Step 6

The Relevant Organisation reviews the vetting disclosure and as soon as is practicable provides a copy of the disclosure to the vetting subject.

Thank you, I wasn't sure of the process breakdown. That looks a bit more promising.

eVetting Steps

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Oh for the love of Jesus and all the Saints

skearnsot wrote: »
    Oh for the love of Jesus and all the Saints

Hahaha 😂😂 straightforward enough eh 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

PhilEllis wrote: »
    Mine still in progress, :mad:

Would you happen to know how long yours stayed in progress for please?

Mine started review about 22nd June and says disclosure sent today.

Hahaha ���� straightforward enough eh ��
    Thank God all i have are 3 points on my license::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 PhilEllis

Scheduled on: 19/6
    In progress: 27/6
    Completed: 29/6
    Disclosure viewed: 6/7

PhilEllis wrote:
    Scheduled on: 19/6 In progress: 27/6 Completed: 29/6 Disclosure viewed: 6/7

Mine has been much slower this this..
    19/6 awaiting review
    9/7 submitted and scheduled for completion
    17/7 in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 16 _HG_

I thought mine took ages..
    28/6 Awaiting review
    5/7 Submitted and Scheduled for completion
    16/7 Process complete
    17/7 Disclosure viewed

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PhilEllis

gelsthe wrote: »
    19/6 awaiting review
    17/7 in progress

I wouldn't read too much into it. I'm sure there's a process and it'll be alright on the night :)

19/6 awaiting review
    17/7 in progress

Mine is exactly the same as this and today has gone to Process Complete

Mine is exactly the same as this and today has gone to Process Complete

Just checked mine there and yes the same, gone to process complete.. What next I wonder..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

I emailed today asking was there any sort of timeframe and I was told there wasn't but we will have plenty of notice of the start date

Just checked mine there and yes the same, gone to process complete.. What next I wonder..

I’m due to based in Galway, are you galway too by any chance? Just wondering if they are working on that area

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

I’m due to based in Galway, are you galway too by any chance? Just wondering if they are working on that area

I'm going to be based in Galway. My application moved to "process complete" today as well.

• Advertisement

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    I'm going to be based in Galway. My application moved to "process complete" today as well.

Hopefully that might mean we hear something soon fingers crossed

Advertisement