Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

I’m due to based in Galway, are you galway too by any chance? Just wondering if they are working on that area

No, I'm actually Dublin. No rhyme or reason to the process it seems..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

I'm in for Waterford. My vetting disclosure was viewed on the 13th July according to the tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gra08

I’m due to be placed in dublin and my vetting registers as ‘process complete’ today aswell :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PhilEllis

Mine is exactly the same as this and today has gone to Process Complete

So you will get disclosure viewed next.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

PhilEllis wrote: »
    So you will get disclosure viewed next.

Great thanks, the wait for news is a killer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Galway candidates- local paper today reports that the official opening of the headquarters is tomorrow so it will be ready for whenever we’re eventually starting anyway!

‘It is also expected that later this year the new HQ will house the control unit for all emergency calls made in both the Western and Northern Garda regions.’
    Wonder what later this year means!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    Galway candidates- local paper today reports that the official opening of the headquarters is tomorrow so it will be ready for whenever we’re eventually starting anyway!

‘It is also expected that later this year the new HQ will house the control unit for all emergency calls made in both the Western and Northern Garda regions.’
    Wonder what later this year means!!!!!

See you all next year folks. lol :p

The wait is cruel.

A colleague of mine with a contact in Garda Vetting told me they are prioritising us as they want to start the training for us in September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'd imagine we'll be contacted next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

Prioritising control centre rolls or the information centre rolls or both? The lack of information and the waiting is getting ridiculous at this stage!
    Lozanders wrote: »
    A colleague of mine with a contact in Garda Vetting told me they are prioritising us as they want to start the training for us in September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EvianGirl

There is a God if this is true �� I think it's fair to say everyone is running out of hope and patience at this stage

I rang yesterday see if any update. Absolutely none. They will probably get us to have the hearing test ourselves and bring the results in, she said. No dates mentioned....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

I emailed and got an answer today. Apparently I have completed the first 2 strands of the security clearance. They didn't say what the strands were or what the 3rd strand entailed....but this final strand is not conducted in their office. It is usually done quite quickly but they again warned that the whole process can take up to 12 weeks.

That's all I have..

Who did you Emil Garda HR or public jobs?
    Casper107 wrote: »
    I emailed and got an answer today. Apparently I have completed the first 2 strands of the security clearance. They didn't say what the strands were or what the 3rd strand entailed....but this final strand is not conducted in their office. It is usually done quite quickly but they again warned that the whole process can take up to 12 weeks.

That's all I have..

Who did you Emil Garda HR or public jobs?

HRPD.Vetting@garda.ie

Cool I’m going to do the same, were you waiting long on a reply?
    Casper107 wrote: »

Cool I’m going to do the same, were you waiting long on a reply?

Normally reply the next day.

Casper107 wrote:

Yes the 3rd strand is the hearing test.

gelsthe wrote: »
    Yes the 3rd strand is the hearing test.

OK, that should be straight forward enough if they start it soon....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I was in Galway today and I saw the new Garda HQ! It’s unbelievable- looks fab!
    I think we will hear from them next week or definitely after the bank Holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Lads I know ye are running out of patience but this campaign is not any slower than usual. I have gone through two of these comps since 2016 and both times it's been 8-10 months between application and assignment and I was top of one comp and top four of the other. Both times I was placed with AGS and the one that was ten months didn't even include vetting as it didn't need to be done again!

And galway people, I don't think the comms room is even done yet haha

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Yeah, even though Vetting was completed in a similar timeframe to ours, two clerical officers in our Garda Barracks took a few months after being assigned to here before they started and it was known they were coming months in advance.

Lads I know ye are running out of patience but this campaign is not any slower than usual. I have gone through two of these comps since 2016 and both times it's been 8-10 months between application and assignment and I was top of one comp and top four of the other. Both times I was placed with AGS and the one that was ten months didn't even include vetting as it didn't need to be done again!

And galway people, I don't think the comms room is even done yet haha

I know ur right - to be fair it’s much quicker than the county council - we were waiting 18 months from first test to start of job. I’m just so anxious to hand in my notice where I am now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Claremayo

I work in gisc in castlebar. Our higher ups tell us we’re getting the first batch in September. Hopefully early September

Claremayo wrote: »
    I work in gisc in castlebar. Our higher ups tell us we’re getting the first batch in September. Hopefully early September

Anything we need to know or be prepared for?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Hope we hear something this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kar102

Do you know how many are in the first batch for Castlebar

kar102 wrote: »
    Do you know how many are in the first batch for Castlebar

Think I heard or I saw somewhere that it’s 25?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

skearnsot wrote: »
    Think I heard or I saw somewhere that it’s 25?!

No chance of 25, 10 is more realistic. I dont think they recruited 25 all last year.

Advertisement