Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Cool I’m going to do the same, were you waiting long on a reply?

Did you email them - any reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

yea, a general reply;

I wish to advise that your Garda Vetting is still ongoing, there is still 1 strand of vetting left to be completed. As soon as all vetting is completed, we will advise PAS to send us your paperwork, once received I will make contact with you to arrange a start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Spoke to one of the Dublin instructors and was told Dublin won't be until the end of September and it will be two classes so those higher up in numbers will have a longer wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Has anyone any information about numbers for Cork or when it'll be?

yea, a general reply;

I wish to advise that your Garda Vetting is still ongoing, there is still 1 strand of vetting left to be completed. As soon as all vetting is completed, we will advise PAS to send us your paperwork, once received I will make contact with you to arrange a start date.

I don't think that the last strand of the vetting is the hearing test as previously mentioned. I suspect that they may be in touch with your local station for a little local knowledge - possibly.

Speaking to someone in GISC already they haven't had or heard about (no pun intended) hearing tests.

Fingers crossed we hear soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Casper107 wrote: »
    I don't think that the last strand of the vetting is the hearing test as previously mentioned. I suspect that they may be in touch with your local station for a little local knowledge - possibly.

Speaking to someone in GISC already they haven't had or heard about (no pun intended) hearing tests.

It will probably be after the bank holiday now I’d say - it’s holiday time everywhere too so may not even be til mid August before we hear anything!! I’m only surmising now that’s not a fact!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EvianGirl

Well I've been waiting for what feels like an ETERNITY, and I'm willing to put good money on this, I'm going on holidays next week so you can Guarantee that we will all hear some good news while I'm out of the country �� seriously watch this space, it will be typical of my luck lately ������

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

There's a few news articles on the AGS work portal showing pics of the new HQ opening in Galway. Looks nice. I hope there's a gym in the building

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

EvianGirl wrote: »
    Well I've been waiting for what feels like an ETERNITY, and I'm willing to put good money on this, I'm going on holidays next week so you can Guarantee that we will all hear some good news while I'm out of the country �� seriously watch this space, it will be typical of my luck lately ������

I have flights booked for October :rolleyes:
    There's a few news articles on the AGS work portal showing pics of the new HQ opening in Galway. Looks nice. I hope there's a gym in the building

Hoping so too, would be a real time saver! Have you got a link to these pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

I got a phone call from my local garda station last week about my security recommendation so that's definitely a part of it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Gra08

Oats2017 wrote: »
    I got a phone call from my local garda station last week about my security recommendation so that's definitely a part of it anyway

This may be a stupid question....but what do you mean by security recommendation??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

Well that's the terminology the Garda used on the phone but he said he received a form to be filled out to say I'm of good character and that basically im not known to them....

DeanoG14 wrote: »

Hoping so too, would be a real time saver! Have you got a link to these pictures?

Can't access that site outside of work. It's on the garda newsletter we get as well as on the regional site we can access. Just photos of around the building and the ceremony that took place on the day of opening really.

"Suitable welfare facilities for Garda staff" is mentioned. No mention of a gym at all in the facilities list.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

A Garda I know in Galway enquired in her station today and said there’s a small gym in the headquarters. Yay

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    A Garda I know in Galway enquired in her station today and said there’s a small gym in the headquarters. Yay

Excellent news! Thanks for finding out!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

I spoke with someone in control in dub this week as I was in there. Was told that theres people starting end of august/start of september after recent meeting. Aprox 4 to 5 going onto each unit (there are 4 units). There in the process of setting up new desks in there for calltakers as extra regions will be coming through the 9's in Dublin. Its a process that takes time but we are almost there. Its a great place, shifts are 4 on 4 off, 2 days 7am to 7pm and 2 nights 7pm to 7am. And from what I hear with regard to working civil service its the best paid. Looking forward to working with you in the future folks. Hope the above info helps as i got it first hand.

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    I'm going to be based in Galway. My application moved to "process complete" today as well.

I just checked mine there on the tracker, was disclosure viewed on 5th of july and today its now showing download expired, anyone else got the same........

paulbolg wrote: »
    I just checked mine there on the tracker, was disclosure viewed on 5th of july and today its now showing download expired, anyone else got the same........

I can still see mine & it was viewed ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PhilEllis

Yeah I got same, no idea what it means

PhilEllis wrote: »
    Yeah I got same, no idea what it means

Thankfully im not the only one, alarm bells were ringing in the head. Heres hoping they have done what they needed to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

Thankfully im not the only one, alarm bells were ringing in the head. Heres hoping they have done what they needed to do.

Just checked mine and it’s the same! Maybe we were some of the first to get vetted- I’m in top 10 for my location so I assume they vetted us first? Don’t panic :-) I’m just hoping we hear back in the next two weeks as I have decisions to make about another offer

Suaeva wrote: »
    Just checked mine and it’s the same! Maybe we were some of the first to get vetted- I’m in top 10 for my location so I assume they vetted us first? Don’t panic :-) I’m just hoping we hear back in the next two weeks as I have decisions to make about another offer

Well thanks for that, fingers crossed something will come in the next week or two. Its a shame theres no updates but I was on a panel to work as an emergency call taker with NAS and was told on the Thursday that I was starting the following Monday so fingers crossed this process is not as sudden.

Well thanks for that, fingers crossed something will come in the next week or two. Its a shame theres no updates but I was on a panel to work as an emergency call taker with NAS and was told on the Thursday that I was starting the following Monday so fingers crossed this process is not as sudden.

Well I think a lot of people have to work 2 weeks to a months notice - not many will be able to start that suddenly and I’m sure wouldn’t be expected to

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PhilEllis

skearnsot wrote: »
    Well I think a lot of people have to work 2 weeks to a months notice - not many will be able to start that suddenly and I’m sure wouldn’t be expected to

Yes no chance of that for me. I'm one months notice.

PhilEllis wrote: »
    Yes no chance of that for me. I'm one months notice.

Same as that

Guys got a message this morning from a friend who works in Castlebar saying that “one of the lads” got an offer yesterday she thinks!!! She also advised to check the shift allowance rate when they make the offer!
    She said they might be offering the posts to names in alphabetical order if ye understand me - so here’s hopin folks - everything crossed and all that

Guys got a message this morning from a friend who works in Castlebar saying that “one of the lads” got an offer yesterday she thinks!!! She also advised to check the shift allowance rate when they make the offer!
    She said they might be offering the posts to names in alphabetical order if ye understand me - so here’s hopin folks - everything crossed and all that

Should be offering in Order of Merit !!! Pointless placing people otherwise - you and me both are high up so would be disappointed to hear not getting first dibs...

Should be offering in Order of Merit !!! Pointless placing people otherwise - you and me both are high up so would be disappointed to hear not getting first dibs...

Thought the very same to be honest! Now it could very well be Chinese whispers she was hearing or the person could’ve been offered a different post! But here’s hoping the wait ends sooner rather than later

Thought the very same to be honest! Now it could very well be Chinese whispers she was hearing or the person could’ve been offered a different post! But here’s hoping the wait ends sooner rather than later

I sent an email enquiring on an update. I will post when I get a reply.

• Advertisement

I sent an email enquiring on an update. I will post when I get a reply.

Unreliable rumour apparently.....

Advertisement