Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

Casper107 wrote: »
    Unreliable rumour apparently.....

Did they give any indication on when we would hear back? I’m being offered a clerical officer role, but the 25% shift allowance is tempting me..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Suaeva wrote: »
    Did they give any indication on when we would hear back? I’m being offered a clerical officer role, but the 25% shift allowance is tempting me..

No, just quoted the possibility that it may take up to 12 weeks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

No, just quoted the possibility that it may take up to 12 weeks....

Ugh that little chestnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Princess73

This evening they have advertised for guards to do dispatching calls in the control rooms for 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gra08

Princess73 wrote: »
    This evening they have advertised for guards to do dispatching calls in the control rooms for 2 years!

Where did you see this??

• Advertisement

Gra08 wrote: »
    Where did you see this??

A friend of mine is a guard and said it was advertised in a circular on the portal

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

A friend of mine is a guard and said it was advertised in a circular on the portal

Thats out as theres new dispatcher desks going in due to calls from other divisions coming into dublin in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

That’s a good sign...I think!!! Was it for all centres or just Dublin do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Gra08 wrote: »
    Where did you see this??

That would be guards talking over the radio giving out calls to other guards, not something that civilian staff do. So shouldn't really impact this recruitment campaign.

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    That’s a good sign...I think!!! Was it for all centres or just Dublin do you know?

For all centres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

That would be guards talking over the radio giving out calls to other guards, not something that civilian staff do. So shouldn't really impact this recruitment campaign.

It means that our start date is closer because we can’t start until the extra dispatchers are hired to deal with us. A guard I know in Galway reckons that we should be in training a month before they begin

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

Still no update 😑 the wait is killing me

Still no update 😑 the wait is killing me

I find Wednesdays are good days to hear from them

skearnsot wrote: »
    I find Wednesdays are good days to hear from them

Waiting with baited breath .........

Waiting with baited breath .........

Don’t hold your breath at all - I’m ready to explode with impatience & frustration now. Haven’t heard a thing from anyone and the response is “due course”! If it’s any consolation I know the powers that be in GISC are just as frustrated - they’re crying out for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Anyone aware if there's any paperwork required with the call-taking role? Would be happy if I never saw another bit of it again..

Anyone aware if there's any paperwork required with the call-taking role? Would be happy if I never saw another bit of it again..

Minimal To the best of my know

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SeanMacAB

I just had the first mention of the dreaded C word in work today. CHRISTMAS! I did not think I would have to face that ordeal this year and here's hoping I won't! V worrying.

12 weeks would be about the 14 of September right? Has anyone emailed them recently? Anything new?

12 weeks would be about the 14 of September right? Has anyone emailed them recently? Anything new?

I have a few times, they'll ban me for harassment !!!!

Anyone else want to try?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have a few times, they'll ban me for harassment !!!!

Anyone else want to try?

They can't tell you anything, you are only adding to the delays.

They can't tell you anything, you are only adding to the delays.

It's their job to tell us...I hardly think little ole me is causing them hassle unless you have insider knowledge...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I see the latest updates say the Control Rooms will commence in Sept for Dublin, November for Galway, and early next year for Cork and Waterford

infacteh wrote: »
    I see the latest updates say the Control Rooms will commence in Sept for Dublin, November for Galway, and early next year for Cork and Waterford

Cheers!! Interesting!! Where did you get this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

From the inside.....:cool::cool:

Great, thank god I’m in Dublin ha! Hopefully we’ll hear something official soon then!

Any insider info re GISC?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Yup good info , heard the same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It's their job to tell us...I hardly think little ole me is causing them hassle unless you have insider knowledge...

They don't keep info and only hand it out when someone rings them, that's not how it works. Their job is to process placements and every call or email sent slows that processing down. If you are eager to start it's understandable the lack of info is frustrating, but pestering them won't make it happen sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Oh wow. That's a long way away for Cork and Waterford. Especially for anyone currently unemployed. The wait is just going to get even more frustrating

Advertisement