Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Who do we contact for an update - PAS or the person from Garda HR who sent the email in June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

And so begins another week of wondering and waiting and watching the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

skearnsot wrote: »
    And so begins another week of wondering and waiting and watching the phone.

Ha ha so true , every message hoping it’s check your public jobs profile .torture

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Who do we contact for an update - PAS or the person from Garda HR who sent the email in June?

From my emails is with Garda HR until we have cleared at 3 stages

Did you contact anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Casper107 wrote: »
    Did you contact anyone?

Yeah I emailed the woman who sent the email in June from garda hr but got an out of office until the 3rd of sept. Nightmare!

Yeah I emailed the woman who sent the email in June from garda hr but got an out of office until the 3rd of sept. Nightmare!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh for GODS SAKES - no way (crying face)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh for GODS SAKES - no way (crying face)

I also had an auto reply the other week saying that that particular person was off until the end of August.....so WE are really slowing things up here !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sinead_166

In the first email we got sent she said something about 2 different vetting... I’ve only done one? 🀔 also for people going for Dublin we should get a WhatsApp group going 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

sinead_166 wrote: »
    In the first email we got sent she said something about 2 different vetting... I’ve only done one? 🀔 also for people going for Dublin we should get a WhatsApp group going 😂

Thats a good idea do u wanna start one?

• Advertisement

paulbolg wrote: »
    Thats a good idea do u wanna start one?

Yeah sure, I’m assuming you can send private messages on this? If so everyone from the Dublin campaign send me on your number 😊

I have the WhatsApp group for anyone going for Dublin up and running so anyone else going for Dublin send me a message with your number and I’ll add you in, just be easier than this

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

sinead_166 wrote: »
    I have the WhatsApp group for anyone going for Dublin up and running so anyone else going for Dublin send me a message with your number and I’ll add you in, just be easier than this

Good idea. Anybody looking to do the same for Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

A91 wrote: »

Ya I'd do that

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Yes count me in too

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

GNorton5 wrote: »

Yes count me in too

Send me on numbers & I'll try get one going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Looking for opinions from those "In the know". I have confirmation of my place in Galway. The problem is I have booked outbound only flights for the 9th of October. Does anybody know if I'd be safe booking return flights for the 16th or is it a possibility that we would be starting before then?

Thanks,

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    Looking for opinions from those "In the know". I have confirmation of my place in Galway. The problem is I have booked outbound only flights for the 9th of October. Does anybody know if I'd be safe booking return flights for the 16th or is it a possibility that we would be starting before then?

Thanks,

When you say that you have confirmation of your place - have they been in touch to confirm that you have cleared all of the security vetting and that you have been 'offered' the position?

Thanks in advance.

Casper107 wrote: »
    When you say that you have confirmation of your place - have they been in touch to confirm that you have cleared all of the security vetting and that you have been 'offered' the position?

Thanks in advance.

No, still waiting on the vetting to come back. Vetting reads "Disclosure viewed".

Thanks,

Id say go for it and if they come back offering you a position, then you can tell them your position. inform them you had these flights booked thinking that by october you would have started your position?? i know a guy who had france for 3 weeks booked when he started a new position in the CS and they honoured it

• Advertisement

Well i just came off the phone from Garda HR and i have been told that my Garda Vetting hasn't finished at all and i have been in the system since the end of June and I'm in the top 5 in Mayo. i asked how long did she think it will take and she just said that due to its stringency (the vetting that is) that it could be in the next 2-4 weeks before my vetting would be finished. Then they go looking for papers and get in contact with me.......................I really am just gonna have to try and put the whole thing out of my head until they ring - so DeanoG14 - go take that flight and don't be under any pressure me thinks

Well i just came off the phone from Garda HR and i have been told that my Garda Vetting hasn't finished at all and i have been in the system since the end of June and I'm in the top 5 in Mayo. i asked how long did she think it will take and she just said that due to its stringency (the vetting that is) that it could be in the next 2-4 weeks before my vetting would be finished. Then they go looking for papers and get in contact with me.......................I really am just gonna have to try and put the whole thing out of my head until they ring - so DeanoG14 - go take that flight and don't be under any pressure me thinks

Thanks for the help. I'd imagine they'd give us a months notice at the very least. Think I'll go ahead and book. I was just hoping it wouldn't conflict with the training period, can't imagine there would be much flexibility around the first four weeks.

I know how you feel, I get excited every time I receive an email :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EvianGirl

Ive sent you a msg to be added to the group for dublin on watsapp thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

I was also wondering if anyone knew anything about whether or not we will have a uniform?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EvianGirl

From what ive heard they never had an official uniform there was talk of getting one for staff for years but it never happened. I believe ppl were told to wear similar clothes i.e dark trousers and certain colour t shirt although thats coming from someone who doesnt work there anymore. Wouldnt mind a uniform in fairness though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

The public/civil service practically closes down during the summer months due to lots of people taking Term time, nothing happens fast during these months. Come sept everyone will be back at their desks.

GISC will not get staff until late Sept and Galway will be after that IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Has anyone heard anything for Cork? Seems to never be mentioned in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Rosslyn51 wrote: »

Confirmed "good insider info" from Infacteh a page or two back said Cork and Waterford control rooms might not be ready to take on until early next year.

"I see the latest updates say the Control Rooms will commence in Sept for Dublin, November for Galway, and early next year for Cork and Waterford ".

I've seen none of this info on the An Garda Siochana work portal and I've enquired with the gardai and the higher ups in my workplace and they've heard nothing about these updates, so I wouldn't take it as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Rosslyn51 wrote: »

From a reliable source I heard at least January for Cork

• Advertisement

8943 wrote: »
    From a reliable source I heard at least January for Cork

January for everyone at this rate.....

Advertisement