Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Casper107 wrote: »
    January for everyone at this rate.....

I could be wrong guys but I would guess it’s only a small batch of people have done the first batch of vetting and are awaiting it to be finished .there is still another batch too be done before anybody is employed .they need too have everybody vetted including the reserve panel , Incase anybody within the first batch decide to not accept the job .any opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Did you contact anyone?

Yeah I emailed the woman who sent the email in June from garda hr but got an out of office until the 3rd of sept. Nightmare!

Hardly got a reply today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

A91 wrote: »
    Hardly got a reply today ?

Not a word I’m afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Talks in work today say regional centre rooms in galway won't be ready until at least mid November

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

I'm intending to ring next week. Give them a chance to go through the emails they received when they were off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I'm intending to ring next week. Give them a chance to go through the emails they received when they were off.

My head is done in with this to be honest considering I still have another month to work where I am AFTER they eventually offer me a position

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

skearnsot wrote: »
    My head is done in with this to be honest considering I still have another month to work where I am AFTER they eventually offer me a position

Yeah, head is done in as well. I've started paying rent for a place in Galway already just to have it secured so the longer this goes on.. meh! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Red brian33

Yeah, head is done in as well. I've started paying rent for a place in Galway already just to have it secured so the longer this goes on.. meh! haha

Yep think it is best to just take it that everyone starts in January as otherwise too frustrating waiting. By the time they ask for reference checks and give us a months notice, it will be at least November before we start.

Ohhhhhhh yikes

Heard from someone in GISC, managers are saying that they are hoping to start the first batch in October, no exact date given... light on the horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kar102

If and when they do offer us the positions im sure they will let us work our months notice in our current jobs..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

I’m in top 10 for Castlebar, won’t be taking it as I’ve started a new job since, I imagine there’s plenty of others in this campaign in a similar situation. It’s an absolute joke, We applied for this last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

You should email Garda HR and let them know, maybe let them know your annoyed with the whole process ha might speed it up for the people who are left
    Suaeva wrote: »
    I’m in top 10 for Castlebar, won’t be taking it as I’ve started a new job since, I imagine there’s plenty of others in this campaign in a similar situation. It’s an absolute joke, We applied for this last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

From the Policing Authority's 6th Report to the Minister:
    Implementation of Changing Policing in Ireland

In terms of civilian recruitment, 174 staff have been appointed up to June 2018. However, a large proportion of these positions are backfilling existing vacancies, and will not help achieve the target for additional civilian recruitment of 500 in 2018. More encouragingly, there are 584 people currently in various stages of recruitment. The organisation has suffered from a high attrition rate during the recruitment process, attributed to the length of time required to undertake the recruitment process and vetting, and current labour market conditions. To date in in 2018, 190 applicants have withdrawn from the recruitment process.
    A core element of civilian recruitment has been redeployment. Of the 2,000 net increase in civilian headcount by 2021, 1,500 positions must be achieved through redeploying garda members to roles that require policing powers. Progress on this has been extremely slow, with 109.5 redeployments completed since June 2017.

Significantly, the 500 remaining ‘new’ civilian positions are being filled more rapidly with demands across the organisation. There are currently more business cases submitted to Garda HR for these positions, than there are positions available. In order to better manage this, a prioritisation exercise has been carried out and is being submitted to the Garda Executive for approval. In addition, work is underway to identify and put in place solutions that will increase the pace of recruitment.

This is just ABSOLUTELY BULL SH*T!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

skearnsot wrote: »
    This is just ABSOLUTELY BULL SH*T!

hard to believe that they haven't provided any updates since the vetting application was sent 13 weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

I'm top 5 for Cork and won't be taking the job now - might be good news for someone higher on panel

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

I’ve been making some enquiries in Galway and was told today that the assistant commissioner of the Northern Region is spearheading the project. I think his name is Barry o’brien, I can’t find any number or email address for his office though. Was anyone else told this or has been in touch with that office?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    hard to believe that they haven't provided any updates since the vetting application was sent 13 weeks ago...

I would of expected they'd have provided some sort of update by now out of courtesy and to see who's still interested in the positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    I’ve been making some enquiries in Galway and was told today that the assistant commissioner of the Northern Region is spearheading the project. I think his name is Barry o’brien, I can’t find any number or email address for his office though. Was anyone else told this or has been in touch with that office?

He'd be based in Sligo so

• Advertisement

I know the email address but I don't think it's a good idea to go down that route to be honest with you

You'd probably be referred back to PAS anyway as it's them that are dealing with the campaign.

I know the email address but I don't think it's a good idea to go down that route to be honest with you

You'd probably be referred back to PAS anyway as it's them that are dealing with the campaign.

Oh right, I thought once the Garda vetting went through that we were in the hands of Garda Hr then. Nobody wants us at the mo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

It would be considered inappropriate and unprofessional to contact any garda office in relation to staffing. HR Navan are responsible for civilian staff. The hold up is most likely vetting, no one can be placed until everyone on the panel is vetted. This is because of seniority when placed.
    In terms of the public/civil service all recruitment takes time.

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    It would be considered inappropriate and unprofessional to contact any garda office in relation to staffing. HR Navan are responsible for civilian staff. The hold up is most likely vetting, no one can be placed until everyone on the panel is vetted. This is because of seniority when placed.

Vetting completed, Garda HR now waiting for PAS to send the paperwork through...inching there

Well I've just signed a new work contract so will need a month's notice before I start anywhere. Very annoying. Can't leave my job but had to have my temporary contract extended because I've no idea when it's going to happen for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Well I've just signed a new work contract so will need a month's notice before I start anywhere. Very annoying. Can't leave my job but had to have my temporary contract extended because I've no idea when it's going to happen for us.

I imagine they will have to give a months notice before starting the positions as a lot of people are in the same position..
    Very frustrating not to be kept up to date with the process..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Amanda.ie wrote: »

Vetting completed, Garda HR now waiting for PAS to send the paperwork through...inching there

Have you been in touch with somebody ?

A91 wrote: »
    Have you been in touch with somebody ?

Yes, Garda HR. Helpful people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sinead_166

Anyone hear anything today?

• Advertisement

sinead_166 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything today?

Nope, don’t think anyone’s heard anything since the Garda vetting stuff