Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Got an email there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Got an email there.

Did it have any helpful information in it

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Asking to compile references and to get a hearing test done.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Asking to compile references and to get a hearing test done.

Oh great some progression :) which centre have you gone for?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Got an email there.

Email from PAS or Garda HR please?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Email from PAS looking for an audiologist report, employer references from jobs, employer details (they will not contact without your permission) and accounting for gaps in your employment history. To be forwarded within a week.

For the hearing test- I called one audiologist in Galway who was going to charge me €65 and then called hidden hearing who are free so shop around!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Everybody who received the email...are ye all for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    For the hearing test- I called one audiologist in Galway who was going to charge me €65 and then called hidden hearing who are free so shop around!!!

Did you receive an email about Galway or are you getting in ahead of the rest of us? :D

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    Did you receive an email about Galway or are you getting in ahead of the rest of us? :D

I got my email for Galway.

• Advertisement

Got the email - re the hearing test high street name said it was free but I had to pay for the written report. Due to the short time frame I'm getting mine done elsewhere tomorrow for €35.

Need to get previous employers/Revenue for self employed back to me on headed paper and then on to PAS by Tuesday - bit tight !

I'm for GISC by the way.

Ya I got the email at half 11 this morning, I’m Galway

I’m for GISC - nothing heard

skearnsot wrote: »
    I’m for GISC - nothing heard

I'm for Galway, heard nothing either.

I’d safely say Garda vetting holding mine up

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Hi guys. Do the references have to be written? Or can we just provide contact details ?

A91 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Do the references have to be written? Or can we just provide contact details ?

Hey, I got mine written anyway. That was the impression I got but not 100% sure if it’s necessary!

A91 wrote: »

I have to say that the instructions seem very confusing - they want 'references' from all your previous employers that are on headed company paper and signed... they then go on to mention that they are seeking contact details for 'a reference' that they will only contact once informing you.

Doesn't really make sense as you will give your current employer the 'heads up' when you answer their first request - or am I reading it all wrong?

Casper107 wrote: »
    I have to say that the instructions seem very confusing - they want 'references' from all your previous employers that are on headed company paper and signed... they then go on to mention that they are seeking contact details for 'a reference' that they will only contact once informing you.

Doesn't really make sense as you will give your current employer the 'heads up' when you answer their first request - or am I reading it all wrong?

Oh ya I guess it’s written with the assumption that we have had more than one employer within last 12 months!!! I have just sent the written reference from my one employer and included her number then for contact also

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    Oh ya I guess it’s written with the assumption that we have had more than one employer within last 12 months!!! I have just sent the written reference from my one employer and included her number then for contact also

Thinking of doing the same since my last employer from 18 months ago is away on leave and I can't track down a reference. Was a bit unsure if one would be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Got the email for Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Col Jack ONeill

Anyone in Dublin gotten a mail yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Got the email for Cork

Hi what was your order of merit for Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

Yea got one this morning for dublin

paulbolg wrote: »

Yea got one this morning for dublin
    Mind if I ask what your order of merit was, I was 13 and haven't received anything yet

Mind if I ask what your order of merit was, I was 13 and haven't received anything yet

Balls! Anyone any idea if I should get onto PAS or Garda HR?

They are sending out emails day by day, i reckon its as garda clearance is finished and they get the word back from gardai that they can move to the next stage

They are sending out emails day by day, i reckon its as garda clearance is finished and they get the word back from gardai that they can move to the next stage
    I get that, I just would have assumed that the higher up the order of merit you are the earlier you'll be contacted, ah sure I'll give it the weekend and see if I hear anything. Cheers!

• Advertisement

I called them yesterday. They couldn't provide an update as clearance was ongoing. I'd say they're contacting people as vetting is approved.

If you have lived abroad at any point it will probably slow the process down a bit.

Advertisement