Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I get that, I just would have assumed that the higher up the order of merit you are the earlier you'll be contacted, ah sure I'll give it the weekend and see if I hear anything. Cheers!

Hiya - I’m in the top 3 for GISC and iv been told that OOM has nothing to do with the vetting - they’re just vetting them at random - iv heard nothing yet and when I rang I was told I’m still being vetted. I haven’t lived abroad or even out of the county and it’s still taking piggin ages - Sharon the girl I spoke to in Garda HQ was absolutely lovely and so so helpful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

skearnsot wrote: »
    Hiya - I’m in the top 3 for GISC and iv been told that OOM has nothing to do with the vetting - they’re just vetting them at random - iv heard nothing yet and when I rang I was told I’m still being vetted. I haven’t lived abroad or even out of the county and it’s still taking piggin ages - Sharon the girl I spoke to in Garda HQ was absolutely lovely and so so helpful too.
    2019 lads and Lades at this stage id say

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CaitrionaBest

EvianGirl wrote: »
    Ive sent you a msg to be added to the group for dublin on watsapp thanks

Hi just wondering if I could PM you my number to be added to the WhatsApp group?? Would love to chat with anyone in the same boat/in the know, thanks x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

8943 wrote: »
    Hi what was your order of merit for Cork ?

Top 3

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

I've cleared vetting and sent my references back.... will post when I have an update

• Advertisement

Anyone else get an email today - I’m still undergoing vetting (eye roll) and I’m in top 3 for GISC

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Anyone else get an email today - I’m still undergoing vetting (eye roll) and I’m in top 3 for GISC

No I’m still waiting too, in top 15 for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

No email but I called pas said I’m still undergoing vetting aswell I’m top 10 in Dublin ughh

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Top 3

Cheers thanks for the reply , well done great placing

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Any more movement for those that hadn't been contacted yet last week about the hearing test and references?

• Advertisement

Any more movement for those that hadn't been contacted yet last week about the hearing test and references?

Not a whisper

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SeanMacAB

Got a job offer last week AND a call regarding my Garda vetting. Have decided to accept the job offer regardless. This wait has been insania! On what planet do you apply for a job and it's still not near start dates almost a year later? We'll be retiring at this rate before anything happens. And I'm a v patient fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

SeanMacAB wrote: »
    Got a job offer last week AND a call regarding my Garda vetting. Have decided to accept the job offer regardless. This wait has been insania! On what planet do you apply for a job and it's still not near start dates almost a year later? We'll be retiring at this rate before anything happens. And I'm a v patient fella.

How long ago did you get the email for the hearing test and references?

I haven't got that yet. I'm still being Vetted...

The job offer was for another job just in case I've confused anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

I’m in the same boat it’s such a joke! You should call PAS tell them your out might bring someone else up a spot on Order of merit

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

Ah yeah I read that wrong haha

Got my email today to go for hearing test etc - can anyone tell me if they accept Specsavers audio reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Got my email today to go for hearing test etc - can anyone tell me if they accept Specsavers audio reports?

Yep as long as it’s a trained registered Audiologist carrying out your test

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Got mine done at https://www.thehearingcompany.ie/ for €35. Report later that day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

I got mine dond in specsavers. 45euro

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Can I ask anyone who has been asked to so the hearing test, did they give any indication of starting date ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

gelsthe wrote: »
    Can I ask anyone who has been asked to so the hearing test, did they give any indication of starting date ? Thanks

Nope not yet but the lady I was dealing with in PAS was out of office from last week until today so maybe the ball will start rolling again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Unfortunately not

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Elmworld5 wrote:
    Nope not yet but the lady I was dealing with in PAS was out of office from last week until today so maybe the ball will start rolling again?!

Thanks for reply... it's unbelievable really that this is taking so very long.. if there's a few weeks training, which I assume there will be, it will be Christmas time !!!

I dont think its PAS that will give you the date to start - i think its Garda HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Thanks for reply... it's unbelievable really that this is taking so very long.. if there's a few weeks training, which I assume there will be, it will be Christmas time !!!

A year before placements is not at all uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

How many posts offered in Waterford does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Would anyone know the number of people to be placed in Galway by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

New control room serving western and northern region in Galway, so all new units. How many is normally on a unit I wouldn't have the foggiest. Perhaps someone can shed some light on the number of staff that is normally attached to the control room?

Looking forward to not putting up with this muck again for a long time

Advertisement