Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

For a 12 hour tour, you would normally have 2 controllers per division that is controlled, who would relieve each other as necessary, or 3 controllers over 2 divisions. So if 2 Regions are being controlled from Galway, that would be approximately 10 divisions. And then you will have call takers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Got message on my public boards to say I've been assigned and AGS will be in touch

Got message on my public boards to say I've been assigned and AGS will be in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

A91 wrote: »

Woohoo me tooo. Hopefully they’ll be in touch soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

That’s great news well done. Can I ask what county you went for please?

• Advertisement

Of course, Waterford

Of course, Waterford

Thanks. Delighted for you after such a long wait!

Thanks a mil. Hope you hear soon. I went for Galway

Elmworld5 wrote: »

Great stuff well done, you must be delighted to finally hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Oh lovely stuff!! Congratulations to you and the very best of luck to you indeed!
    Do you mind me asking you how long has it been since you sent your paperwork in please

• Advertisement

skearnsot wrote: »
    Oh lovely stuff!! Congratulations to you and the very best of luck to you indeed!
    Do you mind me asking you how long has it been since you sent your paperwork in please

I sent off the first reference 27th sept and then was asked for another which I sent on 2nd Oct. Have you sent off yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

I got the message this evening also - now in the hands of Garda HR.

I'm GISC for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I sent off the first reference 27th sept and then was asked for another which I sent on 2nd Oct. Have you sent off yours?

I just sent off reference and hearing test results Monday - I’m so glad things are moving

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

skearnsot wrote: »
    I just sent off reference and hearing test results Monday - I’m so glad things are moving

Took about a week for confirmation from Chief Medical Officer (CMO) on the hearing test.

I never got confirmation on the hearing test? Did u send yours through post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 soupdragon01

Got an email today asking to contact my current employer. Did anyone else get this ?

Got an email today asking to contact my current employer. Did anyone else get this ?[/quote]

Yeah, I got this also

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Got assigned to Galway but no message about contacting my employer. Might be due to already working within an Garda siochana.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 annatuk29

Of course, Waterford

What was your OOM number if u don’t mind me asking 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublinguy2014

Is anyone still waiting for vetting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Is anyone still waiting for vetting?

Yes, unfortunately. Thought I was the last one :o

So how does this work then with people's order of merit. There are people probably higher order of merit than me still undergoing the vetting. Shouldn't they be assigned first?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

So how does this work then with people's order of merit. There are people probably higher order of merit than me still undergoing the vetting. Shouldn't they be assigned first?

I don't think it's to do with OOM... some people's vetting comes through faster than others so they seem to go by that... otherwise there would be an even bigger hold up

I spoke to PAS and it seems like vetting is done but they are calling people in batches for hearing test. In Galway they are up to OOM 5 but only 16 positions apparently at the moment.

I spoke to PAS and it seems like vetting is done but they are calling people in batches for hearing test. In Galway they are up to OOM 5 but only 16 positions apparently at the moment.

Well I'm quite a ways outside of oom 5 for Galway so that doesn't seem right and I've been assigned

Well I'm quite a ways outside of oom 5 for Galway so that doesn't seem right and I've been assigned

I thought it sounded strange too but that’s what they said. Only assigning up to OOM 16 and already 5 assigned.

But it doesn't mean the people in the top 5 aren't getting a job... someone in the top 5 in Galway could also be in the top 5 in GISC depending on preferences... some people could have failed the hearing test or pulled out due to the length of time it's taken.... there's loads of factors

Oats2017 wrote: »
    But it doesn't mean the people in the top 5 aren't getting a job... someone in the top 5 in Galway could also be in the top 5 in GISC depending on preferences... some people could have failed the hearing test or pulled out due to the length of time it's taken.... there's loads of factors

So really it’s hard to know what OOM we are now.

So really it’s hard to know what OOM we are now.

Yeah absolutely but on the first email I got it said your OOM didn't guarantee you a job

• Advertisement

Oats2017 wrote: »
    Yeah absolutely but on the first email I got it said your OOM didn't guarantee you a job

Yeah that’s true it did say that. Just disappointing after waiting for so long I suppose. Ah well

Advertisement