Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

I'm in top 10 in my area still haven't heard anything...yet others after me have. Seems to be random on the vetting clearance time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ralph451

GNorton5 wrote: »
    I'm in top 10 in my area still haven't heard anything...yet others after me have. Seems to be random on the vetting clearance time frame.

Is that Waterford? Same here if so, I'm in the top 10 and still in clearance,

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SMC8

Anybody have any news on starting dates for Cork? I've sent back references etc nearly 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a bit since, it's the most frustrating process I have ever experienced

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

SMC8 wrote: »
    Anybody have any news on starting dates for Cork? I've sent back references etc nearly 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a bit since, it's the most frustrating process I have ever experienced

I’ve heard a few times January for Cork .what was your order of meritt

8943 wrote: »
    I’ve heard a few times January for Cork .what was your order of meritt

Yeah I've heard the same but would feel like I could relax more when that's confirmed. I was 16 but was told that due to others taking positions elsewhere that I'm within the first 12 their taking for Cork

• Advertisement

Yeah I've heard the same but would feel like I could relax more when that's confirmed. I was 16 but was told that due to others taking positions elsewhere that I'm within the first 12 their taking for Cork

I placed 15 for cork and heard nothing not even done vetting yet , totally confused by the whole process .am even more confused now 😟

I placed 15 for cork and heard nothing not even done vetting yet , totally confused by the whole process .am even more confused now 😟

I find it very difficult to understand it too, I was unofficially told that I was within the 12 back in June so you should be too? At every step you think this is it surely things will move along now but yet again your back in limbo!

I just wish they'd confirm a start date 😣

I find it very difficult to understand it too, I was unofficially told that I was within the 12 back in June so you should be too? At every step you think this is it surely things will move along now but yet again your back in limbo!

I just wish they'd confirm a start date 😣

Yea the wait is horrible .all we want to know is where we stand !! I’ll be hounding PAS for answers tomorrow

Yea the wait is horrible .all we want to know is where we stand !! I’ll be hounding PAS for answers tomorrow

I rang Monday and was told that my paperwork should be sent off to Garda HR sometime this week and that I'll hear from them then after another 2-3 days. Will update if I hear anything new

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Necrominus wrote:
    Yeah been there since Sept 17 so well settled now. First couple of months fly as you get used to shifts and the call taking. Make sure if you have anything planned for Christmas to get your days booked when you start, I think the deadline for holidays around Christmas is about the time you start!

Can I ask are you in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

gelsthe wrote: »
    Can I ask are you in Dublin?

No he/she is at GISC, Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Casper107 wrote:
    No he/she is at GISC, Castlebar.

Great thanks... I tried to read back but couldn't figure it....
    Has anyone started in Dublin does anyone know?

Anybody have a phone number for the department who is familiar with our campaign .i called pas to get some info and nobody could help me .
    Thanks in advance

Anybody have a phone number for the department who is familiar with our campaign .i called pas to get some info and nobody could help me .
    Thanks in advance

01 858 7434 - this is the number I rang on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Hi just wondering from those of you joining GISC do you know yet if ye will have a uniform?!

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering from those of you joining GISC do you know yet if ye will have a uniform?!

No uniform, was discussed a while back but rejected as I understand. I think it's described as smart casual.

Do you have your start date?

Casper107 wrote: »
    No uniform, was discussed a while back but rejected as I understand. I think it's described as smart casual.

Do you have your start date?

No and not looking likely within next month as interviews are ongoing for the Garda positions in command and control Galway so I guess we can’t start til they’re done!

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    No and not looking likely within next month as interviews are ongoing for the Garda positions in command and control Galway so I guess we can’t start til they’re done!

And thanks for that, was going to do a clear out of my clothes but better not if no uniform!!

Not to tease but to let other know that things are really happening, the first batch for GISC have a start date of Monday 12th November. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Stick with it folks.

:)

Anyone else on here for GISC from Achill/Mulranny areas. Just thinking of car sharing etc.

• Advertisement

Finally have been assigned, now the final wait for a start date...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Got the email this morning, Been assigned to Cork. I’d imagine it won’t be till Jan to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Anyone still waiting on vetting that hasn't been assigned yet? Hoping we hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Anyone still waiting on vetting that hasn't been assigned yet? Hoping we hear soon

Both above are for Cork, looks like they're doing it one area at a time. I'm still waiting for confirmation that vetting is complete, I'm for Galway.

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    Both above are for Cork, looks like they're doing it one area at a time. I'm still waiting for confirmation that vetting is complete, I'm for Galway.

Damn. Thought they might have been assigning the rest today and we'd hear something sooner. Hoping to get started before next year

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Got the email this morning, Been assigned to Cork. I’d imagine it won’t be till Jan to start?

It's really hard to know, I've heard January loads of times but there has been no distinction in terms of whether the training is starting in January or whether the training will happen before Christmas and we will start in the actual control room in January.

I am also going on the assumption that training will take place in templemore?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

I’m still waiting for vetting to come back and am Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Damn. Thought they might have been assigning the rest today and we'd hear something sooner. Hoping to get started before next year

It's a bit worrying that Cork aren't due to start until January and they're being prioritised. Could be a long wait yet...

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    It's a bit worrying that Cork aren't due to start until January and they're being prioritised. Could be a long wait yet...

Can't imagine a November start anyway. Wouldn't make much sense to start your first shifts around Christmas time after the training..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

gelsthe wrote: »
    Great thanks... I tried to read back but couldn't figure it....
    Has anyone started in Dublin does anyone know?

Some people for Dublin starting training on the 12th Nov. Are you for dublin?

Advertisement