Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Yes... Are you starting the 12th?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

gelsthe wrote: »

I am yea

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

gelsthe wrote: »

I am yea

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Who else is starting at GISC this Monday 12th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Best of luck to everyone starting today! Let us know how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Heard something about Galway when I was on a work trip. Apparently the GRA are objecting to the CAD system they're looking to use in the new control room and the commissioner is not happy about it either. Apparently it's not the same CAD system as in Dublin control room and the GRA aren't happy about it.

I'm furious and hope it doesn't drag this out much longer. I've secured a place to rent in Galway i'll probably have to cancel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Heard something about Galway when I was on a work trip. Apparently the GRA are objecting to the CAD system they're looking to use in the new control room and the commissioner is not happy about it either. Apparently it's not the same CAD system as in Dublin control room and the GRA aren't happy about it.

I'm furious and hope it doesn't drag this out much longer. I've secured a place to rent in Galway i'll probably have to cancel now.

Oh god I can’t take any more bad news about it!!! That’s seriously worrying. I can imagine you must be under such pressure for a start date Too to start renting then. I really was pinning my hopes on getting a call this week

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Elmworld5 wrote: »
    Oh god I can’t take any more bad news about it!!! That’s seriously worrying. I can imagine you must be under such pressure for a start date Too to start renting then. I really was pinning my hopes on getting a call this week

Yeah I jumped the shark a bit in that regard so my own fault really. Had an easy time since my cousins room mate moved out so I took a leap of faith.

Was fairly confident we'd be hearing something too. Will wait until the end of the week on the hopes that we get good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

How is the training going? :)

• Advertisement

I'm at GISC so we are only doing PULSE. training is intense but very casual - if that makes sense !!

The system isn't very user friendly but it seems very difficult to break it.

Anyone for GISC will find it a great place.

Good luck everyone doing their training and keep the faith all of those waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Casper107 wrote: »
    I'm at GISC so we are only doing PULSE. training is intense but very casual - if that makes sense !!

The system isn't very user friendly but it seems very difficult to break it.

Anyone for GISC will find it a great place.

Good luck everyone doing their training and keep the faith all of those waiting.

Are you in castlebar? I know a few there, nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Winkybird

How many started training in GISC on monday? I got a start date for training 7th January curious as to how many I may be starting with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ralph451

Lads has anybody heard a start date for Waterford? I don’t even have a job offer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

Ralph451 wrote: »
    Lads has anybody heard a start date for Waterford? I don’t even have a job offer yet.

I got assigned to Waterford 4 weeks ago but haven't heard anything about a start date as of yet... I know a few others who've only had the email about the hearing test and references in the last week or 10 days so keep the faith

Oats2017 wrote: »
    I got assigned to Waterford 4 weeks ago but haven't heard anything about a start date as of yet... I know a few others who've only had the email about the hearing test and references in the last week or 10 days so keep the faith

Thanks for that, maybe they’re starting everyone together so?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

Thanks for that, maybe they’re starting everyone together so?

Yeah that's what it looks like anyway... hopefully we'll find out soon 📆

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Princess73

Winkybird wrote: »
    How many started training in GISC on monday? I got a start date for training 7th January curious as to how many I may be starting with?

Just wondering what county you are assigned to please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Princess73 wrote: »
    Just wondering what county you are assigned to please

GISC is Mayo

Castlebar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Been assigned but no date yet unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

i am exactly (today) a full 12 weeks now into garda vetting.
    When do you think I will hear? how long was your vetting?
    Longest 12 weeks of my life.... i am dying to hand in my notice at work. need to give a month.

i am exactly (today) a full 12 weeks now into garda vetting.
    When do you think I will hear? how long was your vetting?
    Longest 12 weeks of my life.... i am dying to hand in my notice at work. need to give a month.

I got the vetting email in June and didn’t get the email for references and hearing test until November. They’re surely speeding things up a bit at this stage though. Where are you for?

got vetting email 28th august

for GISC Castlebar.

Are you in castlebar? I know a few there, nice people.

Yes, sorry been busy training. Yes, I'm at Castlebar...

11 started at GISC in the first batch...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Has anyone mentioned Galway at GISC?

Casper107 wrote: »
    11 started at GISC in the first batch...

Any word on a new batch starting , hoping I'll be in it. Patience running out now

Next batch starting 7th January

• Advertisement

Winkybird wrote: »
    Next batch starting 7th January

Yep, heard that as well but don't know how many. They can only train a max of 12 at a time.

Trainers are great though.

Advertisement