Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cov

GNorton5 wrote: »
    What is your OOM for Waterford?
    Have they requested your hearing tests and references ?

I am being vetted for Dublin which was my second choice, my Waterford OOM was..32 I think? I contacted the lady who handles the Garda appointments for PAS recently and she told me I was next in line for Waterford, and that I will have to turn down Dublin if I want to hold out.
    I have not gotten to the hearing test / reference stage yet. My vetting marked as disclosure viewed on 13 Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Hi Folks, I got called for Galway just before Xmas to start training on 14th of Jan but haven’t heard anything since. Just wondering if anyone has had contact from the control room re training or received their contracts. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Elmworld5

Hi Folks, I got called for Galway just before Xmas to start training on 14th of Jan but haven’t heard anything since. Just wondering if anyone has had contact from the control room re training or received their contracts. Thanks!

Hi I'm starting too, think the closing date for the signed paperwork to be in is tomorrow so I was expecting to hear more from them then maybe tues or Wed. Starting 10am next Mon anyway:)

Elmworld5 wrote: »

Hi I'm starting too, think the closing date for the signed paperwork to be in is tomorrow so I was expecting to hear more from them then maybe tues or Wed. Starting 10am next Mon anyway:)

Do you mean a contract when you say signed paperwork? In the email from Garda HR it just send they would send the contract on....was yours by email or in post? I sent all my docs and hearing test to PAS before Xmas and received those back. Same starting 10am Monday 🙂

Do you mean a contract when you say signed paperwork? In the email from Garda HR it just send they would send the contract on....was yours by email or in post? I sent all my docs and hearing test to PAS before Xmas and received those back. Same starting 10am Monday 🙂

Actually I just checked the email, it said contract to be issued by email so presume it will come this week 🙂

• Advertisement

Actually I just checked the email, it said contract to be issued by email so presume it will come this week 🙂

I got an email on the 21st with lots of documents to be signed and returned by Mon 7th- Secrecy, ethics etc.. Did you get that? I posted them last week to Garda HR

I got an email on the 21st with lots of documents to be signed and returned by Mon 7th- Secrecy, ethics etc.. Did you get that? I posted them last week to Garda HR

No I didn’t get that. I better call first thing to check why. Thanks for replying

No I didn’t get that. I better call first thing to check why. Thanks for replying

No probs. Ya it Had a few documents in it that you had to read and send back the signed pages. Defo ring in the morning and you'll probably be able to scan them back to them anyway. Best of luck and see you next Mon!

No probs. Ya it Had a few documents in it that you had to read and send back the signed pages. Defo ring in the morning and you'll probably be able to scan them back to them anyway. Best of luck and see you next Mon!

Thanks a million, see you next Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Thanks a million, see you next

Where is the training taking place .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 SMC8

I spoke to Garda HR today, Cork people should have a start date next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

SMC8 wrote: »
    I spoke to Garda HR today, Cork people should have a start date next week

I rang last week too enquiring and she said to ring back this Friday as they’re having a meeting this week to discuss cork and Waterford. I told her I needed a few weeks notice as I have to discharge from the defence forces. Hopefully know Friday or early next week of a start date!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

8943 wrote: »
    Thanks a million, see you next

Where is the training taking place .

Galway Divisional HQ.

Rparker17 wrote: »
    I rang last week too enquiring and she said to ring back this Friday as they’re having a meeting this week to discuss cork and Waterford. I told her I needed a few weeks notice as I have to discharge from the defence forces. Hopefully know Friday or early next week of a start date!

Great hopefully you'll hear more Friday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

Hi All, I was speaking to a lady in HR yesterday regarding the training dates for Waterford. The meeting is scheduled for the 17th and we will hear shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Congrats to everyone starting or waiting for the start up long time in the waiting.Im up for interview in Feb and was wondering could you give me any tips or types of questions to be asked is it very like the CO one thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Congrats to everyone starting or waiting for the start up long time in the waiting.Im up for interview in Feb and was wondering could you give me any tips or types of questions to be asked is it very like the CO one thanks.

Is your interview for an application made in late 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

spurious wrote: »
    Is your interview for an application made in late 2017?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

I'm trying to remember..but on the application form they kind of give a breakdown of things they would be looking for and then ask for examples/situations from your current/previous employment/experience.
    Hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

Got called for interview made the application late 17 ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 amn1286

Does anyone know what dress code is? Im starting training next week

Casper107 wrote: »
    Yes, Garda HR. Helpful people.

May I ask how you contacted Garda HR? Was it email or phone? I seem to be having trouble finding direct contact information for the department.

amn1286 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what dress code is? Im starting training next week

It's office wear, best of luck:)

Cov wrote: »
    May I ask how you contacted Garda HR? Was it email or phone? I seem to be having trouble finding direct contact information for the department.

00353 46 903 6832 is the number for HR that I've used but I'd leave it until later on to ring as their meeting today to finalise dates, you might get more info towards the end of the day. Keep us posted if you do ;)

00353 46 903 6832 is the number for HR that I've used but I'd leave it until later on to ring as their meeting today to finalise dates, you might get more info towards the end of the day. Keep us posted if you do ;)

Thanks, might give them a buzz later :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To the people still being called for interview, did you apply for outside Dublin?

Does anyone know if Waterford is fully staffed up? Starting to think holding out for Waterford might be a bad idea. Don't want to turn down Dublin only to wait a year for someone to quit or transfer!

Does anyone know if Waterford is fully staffed up? Starting to think holding out for Waterford might be a bad idea. Don't want to turn down Dublin only to wait a year for someone to quit or transfer!

The meeting today is for Waterford start dates as well as Cork. Did they ask you what your strong preference is back in May? Their taking on 12 in Cork and my OOM was above 12 originally but after they phoned around and asked people's preferences, I was then unofficially told that I would be within the 12 and then in October I was assigned to a position in Cork. What way has it worked out for you?

Also not sure if you remember this but it said in the information leaflet for the job posting that Waterford will eventually be amalgamating with Cork in Cork down the line. Will that make a difference to you?

• Advertisement

The meeting today is for Waterford start dates as well as Cork. Did they ask you what your strong preference is back in May? Their taking on 12 in Cork and my OOM was above 12 originally but after they phoned around and asked people's preferences, I was then unofficially told that I would be within the 12 and then in October I was assigned to a position in Cork. What way has it worked out for you?

So I am being vetted for Dublin, which was my second choice... I am on the third strand of vetting now, so there is probably a few more weeks while I get my hearing test in and all that stuff. Waterford was my first choice, and I was told I am next in line on the OOM for Waterford so it would be up to me if I wanted to hold out when I get the final offer for Dublin. That is what I am not sure about. Basically, living anywhere except Dublin makes sense right now. Rent is gone nuts. Waterford is surprisingly affordable.

And I don't mind moving to Cork at some point eventually! I quite like Cork.

Advertisement