Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SMC8

Cov wrote: »
    So I am being vetted for Dublin, which was my second choice... I am on the third strand of vetting now, so there is probably a few more weeks while I get my hearing test in and all that stuff. Waterford was my first choice, and I was told I am next in line on the OOM for Waterford so it would be up to me if I wanted to hold out when I get the final offer for Dublin. That is what I am not sure about. Basically, living anywhere except Dublin makes sense right now. Rent is gone nuts. Waterford is surprisingly affordable.

And I don't mind moving to Cork at some point eventually! I quite like Cork.

Ya I had Dublin down as my second choice and was OOM 4 for it but like that the cost of living plus rent up there is pretty steep so I decided to stick with Cork. I'd talk to HR again, some people might have turned down Waterford recently and you may be within the twelve? Hope all goes well for you!

Congrats to everyone starting or waiting for the start up long time in the waiting.Im up for interview in Feb and was wondering could you give me any tips or types of questions to be asked is it very like the CO one thanks.

The interview is based on the competencies that they included in the information booklet for example team work and communication etc. I prepared at least 2 examples of times/situations in which I demonstrated these competencies. This worked quite well for me. Best of luck with your interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

I placed top 12 for a spot in munster after interviews.i wasnt contacted at all about vetting from PAS .i started too plague them with phonecalls a few weeks later .after a lot of headscratching from PAS it was realised my file had been misplaced!! My vetting should be complete early febuary so im really hoping there is a spot for me.
    Any body have any questions or doubts ring PAS dont wait for them to contact you like i did .

Has anybody heard anything since? I rang them 3 times on Friday and they said that they weren't at the meeting and they were waiting for feedback from someone who was. I am literally going off my game waiting for news...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ralph451

SMC8 wrote: »
    Has anybody heard anything since? I rang them 3 times on Friday and they said that they weren't at the meeting and they were waiting for feedback from someone who was. I am literally going off my game waiting for news...

I did the same thing on Friday and got the same response. I was lead to believe they’d have a start date for us last week. I will probably ring again this week, perhaps we all should. Pester them into submission.

• Advertisement

Ralph451 wrote: »
    I did the same thing on Friday and got the same response. I was lead to believe they’d have a start date for us last week. I will probably ring again this week, perhaps we all should. Pester them into submission.

I was lead to believe the same thing. If I don't hear anything by lunch time tomorrow I'm ringing again, it's beyond a joke especially seeing as the dates were set at that meeting last Thursday!!

I did the same thing on Friday and got the same response. I was lead to believe they’d have a start date for us last week. I will probably ring again this week, perhaps we all should.
    Is anybody else waiting for the start date in cork out of employment right now making the wait twice as long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Just got the cork start date. 11th of Feb

Rparker17 wrote: »

Wow! Well done. Hopefully news on Waterford is coming also then. May I ask were you notified via email or did you ring?

Wow! Well done. Hopefully news on Waterford is coming also then. May I ask were you notified via email or did you ring?

Email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

That's great.. Hopefully Waterford will be the same 🀞 Is the training on Cork?

A91 wrote: »
    That's great.. Hopefully Waterford will be the same 🀞 Is the training on Cork?

No more info buddy. Will update when I get the follow up email

The relief! To the Waterford people I'm sure they set the Waterford start dates on Thursday too, keep on top of them is the only way to get answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 2103sb

I called for update on Waterford today. Still no date set for Waterford. I was told Cork starting 11th Feb, Waterford should be soon after that. They are waiting for an update from the superintendent in Waterford.... Lady couldn't tell me when that would be.

I heard on the grapevine there are building works going on in the station in Waterford. If that is true, maybe that is the delay, or part of it.

The waiting is torture... feels like life is on hold.

For those already started training, how is it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,265 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I would have liked to apply but the pay rate for that kind of work or indeed most types of work considering the responsibilities in the main is quite frankly shît. Dissappointed to think state bodies would be happily advertising this kind of pay for a job requiring expertise and much responsibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

It's all classroom training so far going over Pulse, the CAD system and other areas. The CAD system was supposed to go live on the 4th after our training but it's been postponed until early March so not too sure what's planned for feb-march as the training was supposed to only be for 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

Has anyone heard anything about date for next intake for Castlebar? My Garda vetting was viewed in November but haven't heard anything since.

sweetcake wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about date for next intake for Castlebar? My Garda vetting was viewed in November but haven't heard anything since.

Welcome to the institution. The whole process is like riding a bike.

Except the bike is on fire and you’re screaming for help but all you can hear is the sound of your own voice echoing back and every time you think you’re almost at the finish line you’re really miles away and you’re in hell.

😀

Except the bike is on fire and you’re screaming for help but all you can hear is the sound of your own voice echoing back and every time you think you’re almost at the finish line you’re really miles away and you’re in hell.

��

Oh I see! Ok I will just have to continue to wait patiently until whenever :rolleyes:

😀

Soo true..... please... anyone.... any news on Waterford start date?? Was told 2nd November I was being assigned to a post and almost 3 months later, still no start date. I'm going out of my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

2103sb wrote: »

😀

Soo true..... please... anyone.... any news on Waterford start date?? Was told 2nd November I was being assigned to a post and almost 3 months later, still no start date. I'm going out of my mind!

I rang on Friday. Still no start date but they're hoping to have one soon.
    If you want to send me on your number I can add you to the Waterford WhatsApp group

A91 wrote: »
    I rang on Friday. Still no start date but they're hoping to have one soon.
    If you want to send me on your number I can add you to the Waterford WhatsApp group

Great thanks a mil. PMing you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

Hi, for anybody that's already started: how is the training going? I'm sure there's a lot In it.
    Also, did you get your Rooster (of shifts etc) at time of training?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

I am starting as an EO and have a start date of 25th feb. My vetting came through mid jan. Tbey start eo and co's together. Ihave no more info. No contract or informatiom re training yet. Hoping i will get all that im next couple of weeks or if i dont ill be phoning Garda HR

I am starting as an EO and have a start date of 25th feb. My vetting came through mid jan. Tbey start eo and co's together. Ihave no more info. No contract or informatiom re training yet. Hoping i will get all that im next couple of weeks or if i dont ill be phoning Garda HR
    Just wondering hiow long you had to wait for your Garda vetting to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

Just wondering hiow long you had to wait for your Garda vetting to come through?

About 5 months

Hi folks Any whats app group out there for cork people starting febuary

• Registered Users Posts: 1 r90!

Hi All. I am also interested in whats app group for Cork if there is one going?

• Advertisement

8943 wrote: »
    Hi folks Any whats app group out there for cork people starting febuary

I don't think anyone has set one up as of yet, I can set one up if ye want to PM your numbers to me?

Advertisement