Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Did Cork people find out where training is taking place yet

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SMC8

A91 wrote: »
    Did Cork people find out where training is taking place yet

Training is taking place in Anglesea Street station

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CorkClover

Hi all,

Just a query regarding the Hearing test.
    I got notice last week that I needed one, the same as everyone else.

I went to specsavers today for same and she said my hearing was great and printed the graph sheet and signed it with her registration number and stamped it with the specsavers stamp.

Does anyone know if they will accept same? Or if the report should be a few pages long. A bit concerned they will reject this

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

sweetcake wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about date for next intake for Castlebar? My Garda vetting was viewed in November but haven't heard anything since.

I am starting as an EO and have a start date of 25th feb. My vetting came through mid jan. Tbey start eo and co's together. Ihave no more info. No contract or informatiom re training yet. Hoping i will get all that im next couple of weeks or if i dont ill be phoning Garda HR

***update**** not starting in castlebar till 4th March. Enquired about a few things today and start date was pushed out. Ive given my notice at work so ill be a week with no pay which i cant really afford but anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

CorkClover wrote: »
    Hi all,

I went to specsavers today for same and she said my hearing was great and printed the graph sheet and signed it with her registration number and stamped it with the specsavers stamp.

Does anyone know if they will accept same? Or if the report should be a few pages long. A bit concerned they will reject this

I went to specsavers in Cork too before Christmas. Got a one page reported and it was accepted no problem

• Advertisement

Hi all,

That's all mine was too and they had no problem with it ;)

Great thanks a million

Hopefully twill be fine so.

Thanks!!

Great thanks a million

Hopefully twill be fine so.

Thanks!!

Will you be starting with the first gang of us or will you have to wait?

Will you be starting with the first gang of us or will you have to wait?[/quote]

I dont know. When I rang PAS last week they said the start date was feb 11th but couldnt confirm if I would be included until they received the paperwork.

Will you be starting with the first gang of us or will you have to wait?

I dont know. When I rang PAS last week they said the start date was feb 11th but couldnt confirm if I would be included until they received the paperwork.[/quote]

At least that's not a flat out no ;) drop me a PM on here if you are starting next week I'll add you to the WhatsApp group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

SMC8 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has set one up as of yet, I can set one up if ye want to PM your numbers to me?

Any idea what we must bring with us tomorrow
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

8943 wrote: »
    Any idea what we must bring with us tomorrow
    Cheers

I’m just gonna bring a pen and paper. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just an introduction day to what’s gonna happen over the 4 weeks and we’re out in a few hours. That’s what I’m hopimg anyway haha

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8943

Rparker17 wrote: »
    I’m just gonna bring a pen and paper. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just an introduction day to what’s gonna happen over the 4 weeks and we’re out in a few hours. That’s what I’m hopimg anyway haha

Im hoping wi yea ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lozanders

Hi Just a question for anyone who has started and is carrying service, was there any problem carrying it over to start on the higher scale?

anyone starting in GISC 4th March

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cov

It's been two months and three weeks now with my vetting... Still no word about hearing tests or anything else. Did you all have to wait exactly three months for the vetting to be done? How soon did you get asked for the hearing test? I know I'm a broken record at this stage but yikes is this a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Col Jack ONeill

Cov wrote: »
    It's been two months and three weeks now with my vetting... Still no word about hearing tests or anything else. Did you all have to wait exactly three months for the vetting to be done? How soon did you get asked for the hearing test? I know I'm a broken record at this stage but yikes is this a long time.

I waited for ages only to be told after nearly a year since applying and about 5 months after submitting vetting that I didn't pass vetting.

They don't seem too pushed about letting people know in a timely fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Grimbo57

anyone starting in GISC 4th March
    How are you,

I'm starting on the 11th :) moving forward up from Dublin :0

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

Grimbo57 wrote: »
    How are you,

I'm starting on the 11th :) moving forward up from Dublin :0

I'm starting the 11th as well! :cool::cool::cool:

Mac1993 wrote: »
    I'm starting the 11th as well! :cool::cool::cool:
    😎 How are the nerves,

I wish it was tomorrow haha are you local in bar.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

�� How are the nerves,

I wish it was tomorrow haha are you local in bar.?

Not a bit of nerves at this stage... leave that tell the morning of when I'm driving up to the place.

Travelling from Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

GISC training is fine - seems daunting at first but after 2 weeks you will be itching to get out onto the floor. Plenty of support and help on the floor.

Been out since the end of last year - all good. Plenty of time off, 25% shift allowance on all shifts...what's not to like.

:)

Casper107 wrote: »
    GISC training is fine - seems daunting at first but after 2 weeks you will be itching to get out onto the floor. Plenty of support and help on the floor.

Been out since the end of last year - all good. Plenty of time off, 25% shift allowance on all shifts...what's not to like.

:)
    is there a gym there?

Might seem like a stupid question but do they serve a food there?

how many on each team?

is there a gym there?

Might seem like a stupid question but do they serve a food there?

There is talk of putting in a small gym - building not really suitable - shared with other Gov Depts

There is a staff canteen but most Core Team bring in their own food. 270 people in GISC, teams building in size all the time. Our team is about 20 I think....Running out of seats on the main floor,

Does anyone know what the third strand of vetting entails? That's where the hold up is on mine. I have been two strands clear since mid January. The third part is still not clear after 6 weeks.

Cov wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the third strand of vetting entails? That's where the hold up is on mine. I have been two strands clear since mid January. The third part is still not clear after 6 weeks.

They look into you in more depth in that strand, they contact your local garda station to see if you're known to them, some people were contacted by a guard and asked a few questions but I wasn't.

SMC8 wrote: »
    They look into you in more depth in that strand, they contact your local garda station to see if you're known to them, some people were contacted by a guard and asked a few questions but I wasn't.

Ah great thanks for the info. Was worried it was taking so long. Hopefully should be ok, have not so much as broke wind near a Garda.

• Advertisement

Casper107 wrote: »
    There is a staff canteen but most Core Team bring in their own food. 270 people in GISC, teams building in size all the time. Our team is about 20 I think....Running out of seats on the main floor,

Probably sick of me at this stage casper haha but what are the training hours for us will it be 6 on 4 off? Or Monday to Fri until we're on the floor?

Advertisement