Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GNorton5

For anyone that's started: how are you finding it so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Casper107

Grimbo57 wrote: »
    Probably sick of me at this stage casper haha but what are the training hours for us will it be 6 on 4 off? Or Monday to Fri until we're on the floor?

Training will be Monday to Friday 9 - 4.30 pm ish...plenty of breaks etc. Very casual and friendly atmosphere throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

Hi everyone, just enquiring about how long the Garda vetting may take? I was successful at an interview in early February and the vetting process began yesterday. They said I am only a few off the panel for Castlebar. Does it take long to be called?

Sorry if this thread is old and ive restarted the same old questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

hi ted, be prepared for a wait as the vetting and clearance are extremely stringent and took almost 15 weeks if not 16 for mine to clear anyways. But hold out, its worth it as this is a lovely place to work

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Col82

Hi Ted, do you mind me asking what number of merit you were? I was successful at interview in Feb too for castlebar and Galway but heard nothing since. Just wondering how far along they have moved. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Ted2015 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just enquiring about how long the Garda vetting may take? I was successful at an interview in early February and the vetting process began yesterday. They said I am only a few off the panel for Castlebar. Does it take long to be called?

Sorry if this thread is old and ive restarted the same old questions!

Hi Ted, do you mind me asking what number of merit you were? I was successful at interview in Feb too for castlebar and Galway but heard nothing since. Just wondering how far along they have moved. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Princess73

Just wondering if anyone for Waterford got their starting date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Princess73 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone for Waterford got their starting date yet?

9 of us started at the beginning of March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Princess73

A91 wrote: »
    9 of us started at the beginning of March

Have ye been trained or heard anything about training?

Is there a link I can click on to see if I can apply for a GISC position in Castlebar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Is there a link I can click on to see if I can apply for a GISC position in Castlebar!

You will have to wait for a new competition to come up, keep an eye on http://www.publicjobs.ie.

Col82 wrote: »

Sorry I only seen this now they said for castlebar I’m 50 and they’ve reached 47 or 48 and they started Vetting a few weeks back. May I ask where u placed I hope the process is not too long ðŸ™ðŸ™

skearnsot wrote: »
    hi ted, be prepared for a wait as the vetting and clearance are extremely stringent and took almost 15 weeks if not 16 for mine to clear anyways. But hold out, its worth it as this is a lovely place to work

Sorry to bother you again but just wondering after your vetting conpleted did it take long to get a job offer?

Sorry I only seen this now they said for castlebar I’m 50 and they’ve reached 47 or 48 and they started Vetting a few weeks back. May I ask where u placed I hope the process is not too long ðŸ™ðŸ™

I placed 60 for castlebar. I wonder how many they are looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Sorry to bother you again but just wondering after your vetting conpleted did it take long to get a job offer?

No it didn’t take long that I can remember- but I did ring them quite often to see how things were moving along

• Registered Users Posts: 9 soupdragon01

does anyone know is there any health insurance benefits with CO positions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

does anyone know is there any health insurance benefits with CO positions ?

There isn't

I rang today and couldn't get too much information. Does anyone know how Galway is moving along?

Hi just wondering about my Garda Vetting I got an email from evetting two weeks ago saying my application was complete and a disclosure was sent but when I emailed the Garda Vetting office they said they checked the data base and one strand came back and it’s a three strand process and that it can take 12 weeks but then when I track it it says disclosure viewed I’m very confused can anyone shed any light?

***update**** not starting in castlebar till 4th March. Enquired about a few things today and start date was pushed out. Ive given my notice at work so ill be a week with no pay which i cant really afford but anyway.

Hi just wondering did ur Garda Vetting take long and was it like a three strand process? Mine says that a disclosure has been sent and then when I emailed them they said one strand is back they have two more to do and it can take 12 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

It took 5 - 6 months....from initial offer of job. Job offer end Aug... garda vetting through in Jan and i started beginning march.

skearnsot wrote: »
    No it didn’t take long that I can remember- but I did ring them quite often to see how things were moving along

Hi, did they give you much information each time you rang to see how things were moving? I rang last week and they just said they hadn't reached my OOM yet and I would be informed when vetting starts. Was hoping for a bit more information to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Hi all, I just got a message to log onto my account, if been invited to the supervised test, I was quite surprised as the original application was a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

lass1 wrote: »
    Hi all, I just got a message to log onto my account, if been invited to the supervised test, I was quite surprised as the original application was a while ago

Me too !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Bazzy wrote: »
    Me too !!!

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Me as well regarding Castlebar but need to go to Dublin for test

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Got invited to supervised test for my 2nd choice (Dublin). Waterford was my first choice. Is it worth attending or do i hold out for Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

Got this too today for my second choice, Castlebar, first choice was Galway.
    I’m no longer in a position to relocate to Castlebar, anyone in the know as to the likelihood of further positions opening up in Galway?
    I’m going to sit the tests anyway just to keep in the loop with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Got my invitation for second testing. Its being nearly a year so im out the loop on information in this thread.

Anyone thats progresssed what are the jobs and conditions like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

Had given up on this as my OOM was well down the list but have been invited to supervised test for my second choice Cork

Heading to Dublin on the 29th

Also just read this whole thread to catch up and seems there is a long winded process ahead of us!!

Advertisement