Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

lass1 wrote: »
    Hi all, I just got a message to log onto my account, if been invited to the supervised test, I was quite surprised as the original application was a while ago

Same here. I wasn’t told in February of last year that I hadn’t been invited to stage 2. Not gonna bother anyway, enjoying my civil service flexi time

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

I got called for the stage 2 in dublin on the 30th, any idea how long the assessment takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

not sure how long it takes mollycasey, im in on the 31st so good luck

Hi guys,, any tips for the 2nd stage test?
    any help appreciated,
    Ty

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Got the email for stage two. What I want to know is I think it's stage for cork but that was my second choice. Dublin is 1st. What I want to know, if anyone has any knowledge is if you pass everything how do you go about getting an offer for Dublin over Cork or what way does it work?

• Advertisement

Hi all. Has anyone been sent the familiarsation material yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

Nope nothing yet.... Glad to see I'm not alone on that as we approach one week out

Iv just been offered a job, think I will take it.
    Even if we pass from past posts its a very long drawn out process.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Anyone that's in the job how are ye finding it was the training tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Hi anyone know a website that it would be possible to do practice test just to freshen up thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Nothing yet and I'm booked in for next Thursday.

I have just been sent the familiarsation material

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Buying house2020

Hi

Trying to consider if it is worth going ahead with stage 2 tests.

Some questions for anyone currently in the job
    On average what is the take home pay including the 25 % shift allowance?

The tests are this week and assuming one was successful, how long would it be by the time one would start in the job?

What are the next stages involved, is there a full medical? ( so far I have read here that there is an eye test and garda vetting)

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

Anyone know when the next competition for this might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Buying house2020

ddmam wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next competition for this might be?

Hi ddmam

At the moment they are still calling people for stage 2 tests from the initial recruitment drive back in early 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nomno

mollycasey wrote: »
    I got called for the stage 2 in dublin on the 30th, any idea how long the assessment takes?

Hiya, how did you get on today? Does it really take an hour and a half? Im up for it tomorrow. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kong9190

Hi

Trying to consider if it is worth going ahead with stage 2 tests.

Some questions for anyone currently in the job
    On average what is the take home pay including the 25 % shift allowance?

The tests are this week and assuming one was successful, how long would it be by the time one would start in the job?

What are the next stages involved, is there a full medical? ( so far I have read here that there is an eye test and garda vetting)

Thanks in advance

Hi, you take home about 470 ish a week. Then every 4th paycheck is the big one which includes any overtime or weekend allowance owed.
    Still a bit to go in terms of time. If you are successful with this stage, you will then need to attend an interview. After the interview you will be given your final order of merit. Then it's an audio test, I did mine for 50euro in specsavers. Then is the vetting. The vetting is a painful wait, I'm not going to lie. I waited 15 weeks for vetting because there is currently a backlog. Then you get a start date. There is no medical.
    From the day I completed stage 2 assessments, i waited 7 months to start.
    It is worth it for the time off etc but patience is key.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

Hi everyone I have to submit a hearing test any tips on costs and places that do it for free or what is the costs usually? Thanks in advance

Hi everyone I have to submit a hearing test any tips on costs and places that do it for free or what is the costs usually? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kong9190

Ted2015 wrote: »

Shop around, I paid €50 in specsavers liffey valley. Someone else paid €20 in specsavers swords. I've heard others got a free report from hidden hearing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Hey, did anyone get any results from attending the stage 2 assessment at the end of may?

No nothing yet just wondering myself today

Last question I’m going to annoy you all with but just wondering how long an actual job offer or start date came once you submitted your references and hearing test? And did you get a telephone call or email or which? Thanks cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Anyone hear anything about the tests from the end of May yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Is there anybody waiting on a position in Galway that's submitted the hearing tests and all? There are 4 units (Unit A, B, C ,D) and 4 people on two units and 3 on the other two. So currently waiting to get 2 call takers in here for 4 units of 4.

Is there anybody waiting on a position in Galway that's submitted the hearing tests and all? There are 4 units (Unit A, B, C ,D) and 4 people on two units and 3 on the other two. So currently waiting to get 2 call takers in here for 4 units of 4.

Are you in the Galway center already? Just wondering did it take long to start work once you submitted the hearing test etc? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Col82

Would love to know this too. I am next on the OOM to be called for Galway. Then obviously will need to do the vetting and hearing test after that. Would like to know if there is many before me that are vetted and ready to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

I submitted my hearing test results at the end of September 2018 and received my work contract on the 21st December. Started January 14th.

Hopefully the process isn't too long as we really need calltakers for the units that have only 3 people, as there have been times where someone has to take leave and you have 2 calltakers taking the 999 calls for the Western and Northern Regions, and it is pretty flat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Col82

I submitted my hearing test results at the end of September 2018 and received my work contract on the 21st December. Started January 14th.

Hopefully the process isn't too long as we really need calltakers for the units that have only 3 people, as there have been times where someone has to take leave and you have 2 calltakers taking the 999 calls for the Western and Northern Regions, and it is pretty flat out.

Hi, is that in Galway or where are you based? Thanks

• Advertisement

Just received notification I have reached stage 3

Advertisement