Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

got to stage 3 also another spin to dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

Best of luck to all, hopefully see some of Ye in 6/7 months or so

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Anyone have problems filling out interview form ,I have it filled and when I try to send it says at least one field required was empty and it's highlighted but I can't find it thanks

Mine went ok for me i saved it to my desktop and sent it in the required format if that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Does anyone know where the Emergency call centre is located in Waterford?

No tried that it still won't let me thanks anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Leanne1994

just sent away my interview form ����

I have tried everything won't let me unfortunately keeps telling me to fill in highlighted areas very stressed now , have contacted them waiting on response

I have tried everything won't let me unfortunately keeps telling me to fill in highlighted areas very stressed now , have contacted them waiting on response

are you in a position to use a different computer

I have a macbook and it didnt work on that when I tried it on the windows computer it worked fine

• Advertisement

Yes I have ended up trying on 3 different ones but no joy ,I have sent email regarding it and all I can do is wait for a reply thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Hi there, I dunno if this is the right place for this but I'm looking for some advice.
    I'm currently working in Gisc in Castlebar. I've been then nearly two years now. I have been offered an internal transfer to the Western regional office. I'm really just wondering what the work is like. Is it stressful dealing with the general public?
    I'm really in two minds about it but I'm from Galway and had originally really wanted to get a transfer back there

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Hi there, I dunno if this is the right place for this but I'm looking for some advice.
    I'm currently working in Gisc in Castlebar. I've been then nearly two years now. I have been offered an internal transfer to the Western regional office. I'm really just wondering what the work is like. Is it stressful dealing with the general public?
    I'm really in two minds about it but I'm from Galway and had originally really wanted to get a transfer back there

Is that a transfer to the Western regional control room taking calls or is it a Garda Staff role outside of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

Hi All
    I have had an email requesting employer references and audiology test. I have been with the same employer for the past 15 years so will this one employer reference be enough or do I also need to try to get references from previous employers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

sweetcake wrote: »
    Hi All
    I have had an email requesting employer references and audiology test. I have been with the same employer for the past 15 years so will this one employer reference be enough or do I also need to try to get references from previous employers?

I was in your position and I rang PAS and asked that - the answer happily is yes the one reference will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Is that a transfer to the Western regional control room taking calls or is it a Garda Staff role outside of that?

There was a girl from Galway working in GISC & got transferred to Galway - if you wish I can PM you her name and I know she’d gladly tell ya what it’s like

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dory266

Hi guys

Does anyone know if you need to submit references for ALL previous employers? I have had about 10-12 in the last 10-12 years and will find it hard to get references from some previous employers as they are no longer in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kong9190

Dory266 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Does anyone know if you need to submit references for ALL previous employers? I have had about 10-12 in the last 10-12 years and will find it hard to get references from some previous employers as they are no longer in business.

I was in the same position, some of my previous employers went bankrupt during the bust. I gave PAS a call and explained and they were happy with my previous jobs reference because I was there 4 years... but give them a call.

Dory266 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I was in the same position and emailed PAS. They said they were happy with just present employer contact details as I’ve been in the same job for the past few years.

Returned my hearing test report & references today. Just wondering how good hearing test result needs to be as mine wasn’t perfect 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Hi! Thanks for the reply! Sorry I was away for the last few days. It was not a call taker position in the end. I couldn't take for a few different reasons. They only gave me from Wednesday untill Friday to make the decision. Thanks for the reply though!

Anyone have a interview yet, how was it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Hi All,

Had my interview last Friday - any idea how long it takes to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dec1612

mollycasey wrote:
    Had my interview last Friday - any idea how long it takes to hear back?

Any tips on what they ask....my interview s next friday....eek

On next Friday myself as well haven't done any type of interview in over 10 year's any tips would be grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kong9190

On next Friday myself as well haven't done any type of interview in over 10 year's any tips would be grateful

You will have received a lost of competencies, they will rarely deviate from these. The only other question I was asked was, why do you want this job?
    Also remember to use the STAR format of answering any of the questions.

Kong9190 wrote: »
    You will have received a lost of competencies, they will rarely deviate from these. The only other question I was asked was, why do you want this job?
    Also remember to use the STAR format of answering any of the questions.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Kong9190 wrote:
    You will have received a lost of competencies, they will rarely deviate from these. The only other question I was asked was, why do you want this job? Also remember to use the STAR format of answering any of the questions.

I agree with this, they are very fair from the outset explaining who will ask what - tight with time so try as much as possible to keep to the point... I tend to ramble but had to keep pulling myself back... Best of luck

Thanks also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

It is competance based so definitley have answers ready using the STAR method, they will concentrate on teamwork, communication, information management, customer service and delivery of results.

Advertisement