Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Thanks for help

Hi just wondering of anyone who got accepted what number where you and when did you start thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Leanne1994

how long does it take to hear back from interview

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

When my partner finished his interview, they said they expect to let people know around the 2 week mark. So
    Hopefully there should be some news this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I got my interview feedback just now.

I had Galway as preference 1 and Castlebar as Preference 2 got my OOM for Castlebar nothing for Galway yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 stevecarroll23

i just got feedback, OOM #7 for Cork, does anyone know what its like working there?
    I'm working in the Civil Service in Revenue & wondering if i should make the move

I got 27 for castlebar.. first choice was galway

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Just got an email im OOM#4 for Cork - anyone know how long it would take to be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Leanne1994 wrote: »
    I got 27 for castlebar.. first choice was galway

I just got the OOM for Galway

yes I just got a second message just there number 31 for galway

• Advertisement

Received both oom for Galway and Castlebar just a waiting game now

My partner got OOM#16 for Waterford. Hopefully that'll be enough for a job soon enough!

Anyone else from Waterford hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Johnk8244

My partner got OOM#16 for Waterford. Hopefully that'll be enough for a job soon enough!

I just got my oom for Waterford #20 heard nothing else tho

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Got top 20 for both Dublin and Waterford.

The OOM achieved. Is this for the existing panel or is there a second panel ?

the oom achieved shud be for the new panel shudn it? What number did u get

Top 20 for dublin and top 15 for waterford. What do you reckon the chances of been called are?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 19imelda

I got number 23 for Galway today, I am happy with that but just wonder how long might it be before there would be a position available. Are there many openings available does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noiram

Got 16 for Castlebar and 20 for Galway (my first choice). Anyone know if there taking many for Galway. Castlebar is too far for me.

I actually don’t know what the chances are I mite look back through the comments and see if there is anything about it on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 stevecarroll23

any idea how long it takes to recieve an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

any idea how long it takes to recieve an offer?

The reality is that the vetting only starts now and it could take several months. There are only a very few working on hundreds of vetting applications. My hat is off to them as I had them plagued as did most others. They get through them as fast as possible but be prepared on a wait.

Mine took over 3 months. I know of others who waited longer.

Best advice is to fill everything in as accurately as possible and keep a copy of everything .........

EVERYTHING ;-)

Ya I read through and seen that the vetting takes ages. Are you in the job now and do u like it

The reality is that the vetting only starts now and it could take several months. There are only a very few working on hundreds of vetting applications. My hat is off to them as I had them plagued as did most others. They get through them as fast as possible but be prepared on a wait.

Mine took over 3 months. I know of others who waited longer.

Best advice is to fill everything in as accurately as possible and keep a copy of everything .........

EVERYTHING ;-)

Did they send you the vetting forms, as my partner said he didn't fill out any vetting forms yet.

I’m sure this has been asked before but can someone explain what happens after a successful interview and got your OOM ?

so I rang PAS today for an update... another message is due to be sent out with information on hearing test. it has to be submitted and passed and that's stage 4. once it's passed PAS is finished with us and passes our application over to the Garda HR in navan. they commence a full background check which is stage 5. once thats cleared your basically just waiting for an offer. everyone that passed the interview is set for a job offer considering they pass stage 4 and 5

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

Johnk8244 wrote: »
    Ya I read through and seen that the vetting takes ages. Are you in the job now and do u like it

Yup in the job & enjoying it

Are you in Waterford?is it 4 on 3 off all the time

Leanne1994 wrote: »
    so I rang PAS today for an update... another message is due to be sent out with information on hearing test. it has to be submitted and passed and that's stage 4. once it's passed PAS is finished with us and passes our application over to the Garda HR in navan. they commence a full background check which is stage 5. once thats cleared your basically just waiting for an offer. everyone that passed the interview is set for a job offer considering they pass stage 4 and 5

That's really helpful and informative, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

Anyone starting in GISC next week??

Advertisement