If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCL tv's - Real HDR capability with excellent value. Will you ever be offering them?

Options
  • 09-12-2017 2:07pm

TCL seem to be killing it over in the US.
    E.g. a 55 inch tv with local-dimming and overall excellent picture quality for $650 (+sales tax)
    https://www.cnet.com/products/tcl-55p607/review/

over here we have to spend over 1K euro to get a similar 55 tv where you'll actually see the HDR effect well as opposed to just claiming the HDR capability in the specs.

any chance of these being available soon?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

glasso wrote: »
    TCL seem to be killing it over in the US.
    E.g. a 55 inch tv with local-dimming and overall excellent picture quality for $650 (+sales tax)
    https://www.cnet.com/products/tcl-55p607/review/

over here we have to spend over 1K euro to get a similar 55 tv where you'll actually see the HDR effect well as opposed to just claiming the HDR capability in the specs.

any chance of these being available soon?
    Interesting brand but at the moment with a minimal presence in the UK / Ireland - unfortunately however you just cant compare US pricing with EU pricing as a lot of electrical kit is still slightly cheaper in the US and of course they are nearly advertised net of Sales tax which can approach 10% making the US offering look even cheaper - but yes, interesting brand.

If we see any development, Boardies will be the 1st to know,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I did mention the sales tax! but in that article says it's as good if not better than the Sony XE900 which is about 1400/1500 euro here (and about 1200 usd + sales tax in US so not that much difference in price there)
    In fact there is a version being offered for 600 usd  (+ say 10% sales tax) in Best Buy there - incredible value.
    I did some research and seems that they don't really have a European presence as you say - must not have set-up after-sales operations here, which would be more expensive in Europe due to the geographical fragmentation and language differences.
    They also mention Vizio M series as being very good - are they in Europe?
    Really need to have full-array local dimming these days as a minimum, not just on the expensive models.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I did mention the sales tax! but in that article says it's as good if not better than the Sony XE900 which is about 1400/1500 euro here.
    In fact there is a version being offered for 600 usd  (+ say 10% sales tax) in Best Buy there - incredible value.
    I did some research and seems that they don't really have a European presence as you say - must not have set-up after-sales operations here, which would be more expensive in Europe due to the geographical fragmentation and language differences.
    Really need to have full-array local dimming these days as a minimum, not just on the expensive models.
    Hi Glasso.

Did a little check on Vizio M and I can't see these anywhere outside of America either.

It would seem that its the usual suspects (Sony, Pana, LG etc..) if you want to purchase a TV within Europe.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I did mention the sales tax! but in that article says it's as good if not better than the Sony XE900 which is about 1400/1500 euro here.
    Again unfortunately I haven't seen them in EU - I may do a bit of digging post Christmas and see what the status is  - but again unfortunately we just don't have the scale across Ireland and the UK to match US pricing - locally Hisense have been disruptive in the IRL / UK market and without doubt have been responsible for reducing TV pricing generally in the market by offering a super product (OK maybe a little stripped out!) with excellent PQ at a significantly lower price point than the branded alternatives - unfortunately to some degree this effect has slowed in the second half of the year as Hisense supplies have been more limited.

Again, I'll do some homework and research as soon as the current madness settles down and revert,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

cheers for the replies. seem like good options with very strong price-value characteristics.
    hope the Christmas rush is going well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cheers for the replies. seem like good options with very strong price-value characteristics.
    hope the Christmas rush is going well for you.
    Thanks Glasso, the Christmas rush is going very well!

If you need anything else let us know!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.