Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Rob2D wrote: »
    You see the people who are looking at SOS's aren't trying to find a 7star pink rathian. It's not worth anyone's time at this stage.

Once you get to the end game you can SOS all day.

The joys of family/job etc meaning I’m not at end game yet.

I’ll try it on my own a few more times and see can I beat it.

If I don’t I might have to call in help from the boards monster hunting gods. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The joys of family/job etc meaning I’m not at end game yet.

I’ll try it on my own a few more times and see can I beat it.

If I don’t I might have to call in help from the boards monster hunting gods. :-)

If there would be one advice I could give as a MH player before MHW, it would be this: Solo content as far as you physically can, before meltdown. Its the only way to learn and get gud at game. If you will just play multiplayer and get other people to do the job from a very early start, you will have a very bad time in the future.
    I still play solo and only properly did some online diring this event, because I had no choice. I do respond to some sos for fun now and then.

Anyway, I got dreaded hr49 and I dont want to do that quests. :( I ****ing hate Kirin!!! As a lancer, it is always my hardest fight. I just dont have enough mobility.

I think I am done with event now. Got two gems to build a full mix set of Kulve. Would love to get 2 more so I can make proper 2 full sets, but no way I am signing for more of that fight with randomers.
    The set it self is actually really good. I love how it looks on my female huntress. Made fast set for HBG so far and it works.
    Oh yeah, I am trying out HBG now too. Got a nice one from Kulve. :)
    So far I prefer HBG to LBG. A lot more fun.

If there would be one advice I could give as a MH player before MHW, it would be this: Solo content as far as you physically can, before meltdown. Its the only way to learn and get gud at game. If you will just play multiplayer and get other people to do the job from a very early start, you will have a very bad time in the future.

My first monster hunter game to be fair so I’m doing a bit of both. Solo and multiplayer.

Multiplayer has helped in watching what others do.
    Things like capturing the monster and even flinging dung were learnt through multiplayer.

On the other hand whilst solo has been a challenge it’s been doable. Very rewarding when you pull off that final blow on your own. Can be frustrating though when you’re limited time wise.

Anyway hopefully I won’t have to call on ye for help on this one.

Edit... tried again twice there. Just over a half hour each time and no joy. I feel like he’s so close to being dead but I just can’t finish him off. ****ing interfering other monsters not helping. Throw dung at them and stupid pinky flies off as well.

Anyway time to put the controller down before I **** it at the monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm happy to help Murph, I'll be back home this weekend, I'm often posting in the Discord we're in if you want to group up.

I'm happy to help Murph, I'll be back home this weekend, I'm often posting in the Discord we're in if you want to group up.

Thanks a mil. Frustration levels building here.

• Advertisement

My first monster hunter game to be fair so I’m doing a bit of both. Solo and multiplayer.

Multiplayer has helped in watching what others do.
    Things like capturing the monster and even flinging dung were learnt through multiplayer.

On the other hand whilst solo has been a challenge it’s been doable. Very rewarding when you pull off that final blow on your own. Can be frustrating though when you’re limited time wise.

Anyway hopefully I won’t have to call on ye for help on this one.

Edit... tried again twice there. Just over a half hour each time and no joy. I feel like he’s so close to being dead but I just can’t finish him off. ****ing interfering other monsters not helping. Throw dung at them and stupid pinky flies off as well.

Anyway time to put the controller down before I **** it at the monitor!

What are you actually stuck on m8?

Quest 7. Pink Rathian.

I’m at defense 235 I think and have a hammer with attack of about 930.

HR 12.

Maybe I just need to do a bit of leveling up. Maybe a long range weapon. All I’ve used so far is the switch axe which I was **** with and the hammer. I really like the look of the bow so I’ll try to get the materials for that this evenings long range might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Tried hammer myself for a while, but ended up going back to my trusty charge blade! Took on a Rathalos while on expedition... Don't know if I was being cocky or just crap, but carted 4 times before capturing him!

Quest 7. Pink Rathian.

HR 12.

Maybe I just need to do a bit of leveling up. Maybe a long range weapon. All I’ve used so far is the switch axe which I was **** with and the hammer. I really like the look of the bow so I’ll try to get the materials for that this evenings long range might help.

All weapons are good, but all of them have advantages to particular monsters and disadvantages for others. I did all progression with lance and first pink rathian was a bit of a challenge.
    For example today I messed around with heavy bow gun. I always trying out new weapons in expeditions. To my luck I ended up with rathalos, azure rathalos and rathian in the same map and eventually in same area. HBG is not the best weapon for these lads and I learned it today the hard way.
    So maybe your choice of weaponry making hunt harder theb it is. Hammer is great if you have constantly access to monsters head to stun lock it, but rathians are a bitch to catch when they go spastic all over the ground and air.

Try lance with at least guard 3. Defensive play and poking could work for the bastard better then running around with a weapon that has feck all range.

All weapons are good, but all of them have advantages to particular monsters and disadvantages for others. I did all progression with lance and first pink rathian was a bit of a challenge.
    For example today I messed around with heavy bow gun. I always trying out new weapons in expeditions. To my luck I ended up with rathalos, azure rathalos and rathian in the same map and eventually in same area. HBG is not the best weapon for these lads and I learned it today the hard way.
    So maybe your choice of weaponry making hunt harder theb it is. Hammer is great if you have constantly access to monsters head to stun lock it, but rathians are a bitch to catch when they go spastic all over the ground and air.

Try lance with at least guard 3. Defensive play and poking could work for the bastard better then running around with a weapon that has feck all range.

I was using the wall and hopping on him and that was working quiet well but there’s a section of the map where there’s nothing to run up and do that head of heals flip attack of vines to climb to jump off. It’s a big open area where he goes ape**** spitting fire and running at you.

The poison tail attack is a bollix as well as it stuns normally and then it’s game over.

Will definitely try a new weapon tonight. I’ve been just trying to get used to the game with one for the past 50 hours! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Quest 7. Pink Rathian.

HR 12.

Hammer is not the best weapon for a Rathian, unless you bring a hell of alot of flashpods!!!

Is it the only weapon you have, my advice is ALWAYS have a good BOW with flat attack damage as backup it will work with every monster.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hammer is not the best weapon for a Rathian, unless you bring a hell of alot of flashpods!!!

Is it the only weapon you have, my advice is ALWAYS have a good BOW with flat attack damage as backup it will work with every monster.

Yeah only weapon I have so far is he hammer but will get the a bow I reckon and maybe a charge blade.

In related news. At long ****ing last...

Edit... I can’t lie, I ended up joining two lads who were playing the quest. I had a small amount of input and it was done in 15 mins. Tbh I feel like I paid my dues with this ****er so I don’t mind taking it this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Whoa, are you playing on an SD TV?

Yeah only weapon I have so far is he hammer but will get the a bow I reckon and maybe a charge blade.

Edit... I can’t lie, I ended up joining two lads who were playing the quest. I had a small amount of input and it was done in 15 mins. Tbh I feel like I paid my dues with this ****er so I don’t mind taking it this way.

Bah! Cowards way out!!! This was a chance for you to learn fighting rathians, enjoy next subspecies of rathalos! :D

In orher news: I fecking did it!!!! Killed the Horny tempered unicorn!!!!!!!!! Hr51 baby!!!!
    Went in for ****s and giggles with my lance setup and I died in the first minute. He just one shoted me!!! Went in for second round and he just kicked my arse again, very fast and efficiently!
    So I took out my heavy bow gun setup and decided to have one more go at him before bed. Keep in mind I have 201 hunts with lance and officially only 1 hunt with HBG! :D
    It was such a massive difference fighting it, even if I am really crap with this weapon. He did carted me once, but it was after I lashed in to him for a lot! I could not believe my eyes when I sow bastard limp away!!! Few barrels up his arse, few shots in to his face and I killed it!!! If misses wouldn't be sleeping next to me I would be screaming: "**** yeah, you horny horse!!! Who is biting dust now?!?!"
    I guess this is great example for Murphyebass. Some weapons are great at particular situations, but there is no perfect weapon. A bit of stubbornness, practice and variaty. :)

Whoa, are you playing on an SD TV?

On a Aoc p monitor. I think it was the phone picture quality. The monitor is pretty decent to be fair.

Bah! Cowards way out!!! This was a chance for you to learn fighting rathians, enjoy next subspecies of rathalos! :D

In orher news: I fecking did it!!!! Killed the Horny tempered unicorn!!!!!!!!! Hr51 baby!!!!
    Went in for ****s and giggles with my lance setup and I died in the first minute. He just one shoted me!!! Went in for second round and he just kicked my arse again, very fast and efficiently!
    So I took out my heavy bow gun setup and decided to have one more go at him before bed. Keep in mind I have 201 hunts with lance and officially only 1 hunt with HBG! :D
    It was such a massive difference fighting it, even if I am really crap with this weapon. He did carted me once, but it was after I lashed in to him for a lot! I could not believe my eyes when I sow bastard limp away!!! Few barrels up his arse, few shots in to his face and I killed it!!! If misses wouldn't be sleeping next to me I would be screaming: "**** yeah, you horny horse!!! Who is biting dust now?!?!"
    I guess this is great example for Murphyebass. Some weapons are great at particular situations, but there is no perfect weapon. A bit of stubbornness, practice and variaty. :)

To be fair I went into the game last night expecting to change it up weapon wise and see how I got on because as I said previously SoS calls weren’t working.

But then someone was doing the quest so I said **** it I’ll jump in and see what happens.

I know I wussed out but what’s worse wussing out and continuing to play the game or giving up entirely and going back to Tekken or whatever other game I’ve been ignoring for the past 50 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Do the new Kulve Taroth quests mate, if successful you can get up to 3-4 new weapons all rarity 6 and 7.

I have got some very good ones TBH.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Do the new Kulve Taroth quests mate, if successful you can get up to 3-4 new weapons all rarity 6 and 7.

I have got some very good ones TBH.

I am pretty sure you need to finish main soft ending. So hr29 before you can start it.
    That event is very good. The set it gives is very decent and looks amazing on my female hunter. I am trying to make it work for every build. :)
    And true about weapons, you can get some very very decent ones. The HBG I use is one of the gold rank 8 weapons.
    Tried out GS golden weapon too. Even if you get not great ones, they are very handy if you want to try out different class of weapons without investing a lot of recourses.

Just a reminder, Dante event is on. Its set is okay, but its legs are very very good. Weapon is decent too from what I gather. Its very unique if stats not impress you.

As for myself. I got heavy in to heavy bow gun. :pac: Did few tempered elders with it and its definitely better option agains Doara.

Got my first crit boost decoration! At the same time mamaged to secure 2 devine blessing decorations. All these gems go in to my builds as default now.

Finally tried out GS and god it can be fun. Not taking it to serious hunts yet, but at some point I will!

I see talk of G-Rank online for this game, but what does it entail? Is it just like a step up from NR to HR? I wasn't impressed by the tempered variants as all they got was a damage buff and it didn't feel like they actually got stronger.

• Advertisement

I see talk of G-Rank online for this game, but what does it entail? Is it just like a step up from NR to HR? I wasn't impressed by the tempered variants as all they got was a damage buff and it didn't feel like they actually got stronger.

Well, weren't in previous games g rank monsters would get extra move sets?
    Right now, I see tempered monsters as just normal hr monsters, but constantly in rage mode, because someone droped a bible on their testicles.

I am 130h in, hr 56 ( if I remember right ) and I fought all monsters already. In mh4 I had 200h++ and I had monsters that I just fought few times or havent even downed yet. Kushala Doara was one of them.

I still love how MHW is going. They adding new events and monsters for free. Even this dante event could have been a dirty microtransaction. Instead its an event with new gear.
    I honestly cant bitch yet that there is no content or it needs g rank. Maybe I am just old git now, but I enjoy just logging in and do random hunts, with different weapons. Checking out events etc. Its like a little sandbox for me.

I am 130h in, hr 56 ( if I remember right ) and I fought all monsters already. In mh4 I had 200h++ and I had monsters that I just fought few times or havent even downed yet. Kushala Doara was one of them.

I’m gonna day you’ve got your moneys worth. €50 for 130 hrs gameplay. Love it.

I played a little more last night. Hunting Nigerante. Came across a few new monsters. Killed a monster like a volcanic version of a Jagrath. That was fun.

I’m now HR 13 and 50 odd hours in.

Is there anyway to get low rank materials without actually going out hunting low rank monsters? Wanted to make a Tobi weapon today and i have all the HR parts but missing some of the LR ones. Do i really have to go into LR expeditions and hunt for this guy? Seems tiresome if there is no way to outright buy the materials...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just search for Low Rank SOS flairs for that specific monster and go in and f**k his s**t up within 90 seconds and have some random newbie think he just encountered a God. It's a bit of a bother but it's stupidly quick to kill Low Rank monsters when you're a well kitted out High Rank hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Is there anyway to get low rank materials without actually going out hunting low rank monsters? Wanted to make a Tobi weapon today and i have all the HR parts but missing some of the LR ones. Do i really have to go into LR expeditions and hunt for this guy? Seems tiresome if there is no way to outright buy the materials...

You should be able to just buy the weapon you need as a starting point. Same thing happened to me and I was about to go out to hunt him LR until I saw the weapon in the list.

Rob2D wrote: »
    You should be able to just buy the weapon you need as a starting point. Same thing happened to me and I was about to go out to hunt him LR until I saw the weapon in the list.

That seems to be the case for only some weapon lines, but not all.

Another question. How am I supposed to get tempered elder Dragon investigations if you can't find their tracks naturally in the world?

I play solo so joining an investigation is out of the question. I also already beat the TemperKirin quest so can't repeat it...

(Edit) ok nevetmind they do. Found some on an expidition. Must have a chance to proc per map

I was a bit lucky ( in a twisted way ) last night. Got Jagras gold crown from event quests, which is not the important bit. The really lucky thing is I got gold crowns for Nergigante and Vaal. Vaal was tempered bastard too. I was wondering why it is taking ages for us to take down the bastard.
    Nergy was normal, but it was sos I responded. Limited to two players and we both were GS users. Was some fight, laggy as **** and my partner managed to cart twice. Managed to get gem in the end too!

Happy out with last nights hunts. :) GS is my new favorite weapon to use. I cant believe how mich faster I do hunts with it even solo. Did that event with 5 monsters using Lance dps build and GS focus build and it was night and day difference. And I finally getting better at shoulder tackle. It is so satisfying wjen you pull it off properly and then jam fully chargef GS right in to the monsters kidneys.

I thought Temp monsters only difference from HR ones was that they got a damage boost? Doesn't their HP remain the same with only the amount of players in the game multiplying it?

I thought Temp monsters only difference from HR ones was that they got a damage boost? Doesn't their HP remain the same with only the amount of players in the game multiplying it?

Their damage values go up and I am pretty sure they enrage a lot more often.
    I very rarely hunt normal elder dragons, its all tempered for me, but if I do go fight normal one, they just feel a lot more slower and sleepier. I might be wrong though.

Any gold one I fought, always felt a lot more harder fight. Again, I might be wrong on that.

• Advertisement

Just fought DevilJho for the second time today and he kicked my ass. Granted i was using the Switchaxe which i don't have much experience with rather than my main the Gunlance. First time with the GL was kinda forgettable, but this time it felt like his hipcheck covered massive amounts of distance, or maybe the SA lack of mobility was letting me down big time here. And to think i was going to skip the normal Deviljho and jump straight into the temperedJho event! :pac:

How do you guys rank him in terms of difficulty?

(Edit) And he's dead, hah. Felt so much easier this time, but I was super patient with him. Cool monster love his design, like he made of pure muscle

Advertisement