Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just heads up, people. There are two good event quests right now.
    One is fantastic to make money if you low. Just put on Bandit coat amd go Ham on 3 lizzards. They die very fast to GS and drop stupid amount of scales. Bonus is you get low level decorations, which you can use for mending.

Second quest is just to collect 10 mushrooms, but map it self has very high amount of tracks. In one run I got 4 tempered investigation quests.

Got guard up decoration! I might as well not play anymore as all my luck points used out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I don't think I've played World in at least a month. I never even bothered with Kulve Taroth, that was probably the last time I played. But I come with a message...

MH Generations ULTIMATE is being released on the Switch on August 28th! For those of you new to the series even though the ultimate goal is the same (i.e. hunting monsters), Gen Ult will be almost completely different to World. First off there's no open world, each area of a map has to individually load (couple of seconds is all). Second, there is no downscaling of G-RANK for solo hunts. Third, armour skills work COMPLETELY differently to how they do in World. Fourth, there are 6 different weaopon styles that you can use, each offering a variation hunting styles. Fifth (cos I can't remember anymore off of the top of my head), there are over DOUBLE the amount of large monsters as there is in World. Sixth (cos I just remembered it), YOU DO NOT HAVE INFINITE WHETSTONE! Umm... can't remember anymore.

This has been a public service announcement. Gratuities are greatly appreciated. Payments can be made via Paypal. Thank you.

LAGIACRUS I'M COMING FOR YOU!!!! Wait.... who was it here that was sad because Seregios wasn't in World? Cos that mother-***** is back (hate it soooo much!).

Wait..... I said I was coming for Lagiacrus didn't I? Sh@t.... that means I actually need to buy a Switch......... Goddammit!

I've just remembered an 8th..... YOU HAVE TO BUY PICKAXES AND BUG NETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I've just remembered a 9th now this second..... THERE IS NO SLINGER!!!!!!! And I'm assuming (as a 10th) that all those easy crafting luxuries we have in World (auto craft, radial menu, etc) won't be included..... [insert Rathalos sad face ]

Got guard up decoration! I might as well not play anymore as all my luck points used out. :pac:

Mother-******! I hate you :mad: (j/k, obviousky)

Now I'm gonna go away and cry because I really want it :(

Here's the trailer: (also, an 11th is many special weapon attacks in world won't exist), 12th is you can play as a prowler (cat), 13th is you have 2 PALICO companions not just 1........ Ok I've hit memory peak again.

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »
    Mother-******! I hate you :mad: (j/k, obviousky)

Now I'm gonna go away and cry because I really want it :(

I can finally scrap my uragaan set and use that dps lance one. I made it before and realised very fast how much I miss Guard up as a lot of monsters have those bull**** moves. Happy out! Will take out my lance for 213 hunt!!! :D

And I just sow Generations on switch news too. Previously I got all my 3ds only for MH games. Event bought switch, which is collecting dust right now, because of MH game that was not even there.
    Saying all this... I am very meh about this news now. MHW is here and its fantastic. MHGenerations was my least favourite due to those styles bull****. It over complicated everything for no good reason.

I can finally scrap my uragaan set and use that dps lance one. I made it before and realised very fast how much I miss Guard up as a lot of monsters have those bull**** moves. Happy out! Will take out my lance for 213 hunt!!! :D

And I just sow Generations on switch news too. Previously I got all my 3ds only for MH games. Event bought switch, which is collecting dust right now, because of MH game that was not even there.
    Saying all this... I am very meh about this news now. MHW is here and its fantastic. MHGenerations was my least favourite due to those styles bull****. It over complicated everything for no good reason.

Yeah I was never a fan of them either. I just stuck with the one (can't remember the name of it) that was basically the standard from past games. Last I checked/played there were 4 styles and now there's 6?? Despite what I said above and even with the return of Lagiacrus/Barioth, Agnaktor, Brachydios, Zinogre/multiple elder dragons (including Lao Shan Lung which I've never fought), I don't think I'm gonna buy it. I've been fairly tempted to buy the Switch anyway, but really there's no games for it that I so desperately crave that would make buying it worth it, not even Gen Ult. So I think I may pass.

Now that I think of it, I vaguely remember guild style and think that that was the bog standard one that I used.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Yeah I was never a fan of them either. I just stuck with the one (can't remember the name of it) that was basically the standard from past games. Last I checked/played there were 4 styles and now there's 6?? Despite what I said above and even with the return of Lagiacrus/Barioth, Agnaktor, Brachydios, Zinogre/multiple elder dragons (including Lao Shan Lung which I've never fought), I don't think I'm gonna buy it. I've been fairly tempted to buy the Switch anyway, but really there's no games for it that I so desperately crave that would make buying it worth it, not even Gen Ult. So I think I may pass.

Now that I think of it, I vaguely remember guild style and think that that was the bog standard one that I used.

Its like that saying: I was in Disneyland, why the feck would I want to go back on swings. :pac: MHW is so good I really dont even want generations now. The only reason I keep my switch is to use when I am away from home.

I used aerial style and learned very fast that it is very cheesy. Took out the challange for me and I ended up just checking how long I will be jumping with my greatsword on mew monster I met. Lance same.
    I guess there is a reason why mhw scraped that idea. And thx feck for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Haven't played Generations Ultimate, but 4U was so much better than the first version of Generations, and GU looks like more of the same...
    I'd played the demo of the Japanese one, but as I can't read Japanese, it was a struggle... :D

Star Lord wrote: »
    Haven't played Generations Ultimate, but 4U was so much better than the first version of Generations, and GU looks like more of the same...
    I'd played the demo of the Japanese one, but as I can't read Japanese, it was a struggle... :D

In my opinion its just way too late. On the other hand there are plenty of only switch gamers out there. So it might sell. I am pretty sure I will skip it, unless I am going away for some time and will need something fresh on switch.

In other news... weekly has challange quest in it... Great!!! They are old school scalled to two players so soloing it is a bitch. Went to odogan and Legiana with LBG and I haven't been cursing so much in MH game since first time I met Seregios. Took forever and I ran out pretty much of all ammo. It didnt help that the gun they supply is arse. Set is nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If MHGU had been released on switch last year I would have eaten it up but now with the awesomeness that is World why would anyone go back to an inferior game even if the monster count is massive in comparison?

VinLieger wrote: »
    If MHGU had been released on switch last year I would have eaten it up but now with the awesomeness that is World why would anyone go back to an inferior game even if the monster count is massive in comparison?

Exactly, it needed to come out last year and I bet Switches would fly of the shelfs even faster. Right now, as you said, why would I go to inferior version of MH? Specially when it was one of the worst entries.

Okay, this week is just mad for decorations and I didn't even play that much.
    So I got that Guard up deco from before and today I got:
    1xfocus
    1xpara coat
    1xpeak performance
    1xspecial ammo boost
    3xcrit eye aka expert jewels

Is this some joke?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Rob2D wrote: »

She is still my crush since Fifth element, its a shame RE movies after first one were so ****.
    Monster Hunter Movie though? I guess perfect setting, but I dont know if there is much to say story wise. These games never shined in story department. Unless the movie is going to be about her grinding Rathalos for 2h to get that gem. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So 67 hours later I finally finished the main story.

Lookin forward to giving the end game stuff a go and filling in the optional bits.

It’s some game. Very addictive. Glad I took the plunge. Wasn’t sure I’d enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have not played it in weeks the online errors and lack of server connection just won out in the end......shame really I did enjoy it. There was about 6 of us playing this and now none of us are.

So 67 hours later I finally finished the main story.

Lookin forward to giving the end game stuff a go and filling in the optional bits.

It’s some game. Very addictive. Glad I took the plunge. Wasn’t sure I’d enjoy it.

Welcome to our Hunter family. Now you know why so many weirdos like us love this franchise. Its like pokemon, but instead of being friends with your targets, you wear them as skinny jeans on your arse. :pac:

I myself have 160h in it, but slowed down recently, because I am playing fortnite too. Still loving it!

Its a shame I I am such a fashion hunter. Cant force myself to make better set, because I love how my hunter looks with Kulve armour set. Those horns go very well with red pony tails. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Tried Kulve last night for the first time. Did 3 runs and broke her horns once. What's the story with the 16 player aspect of it? The lobby was full but only 3 of us where actually doing the quest.

Tried Kulve last night for the first time. Did 3 runs and broke her horns once. What's the story with the 16 player aspect of it? The lobby was full but only 3 of us where actually doing the quest.

All loby is working towards it. If you will check, you will see what level quest you doing with your party. If you are at 1-2 then you wont break her horns. That means no group had done a hunt in that lobby. Lets say one group did on run at level 1 and did enough research to push it towards level 3 for all lobby, so it means you can do it from level 3, not 1.
    So the higher level you do it, the easier to brake her nipples off and she wont feck off to bathroom to reapply her make up.

Sorry, I am crap at explaining stuff like this.

• Advertisement

All loby is working towards it. If you will check, you will see what level quest you doing with your party. If you are at 1-2 then you wont break her horns. That means no group had done a hunt in that lobby. Lets say one group did on run at level 1 and did enough research to push it towards level 3 for all lobby, so it means you can do it from level 3, not 1.
    So the higher level you do it, the easier to brake her nipples off and she wont feck off to bathroom to reapply her make up.

Sorry, I am crap at explaining stuff like this.

Hah thanks, that explains why I tried it just now and my pursuit level was back down to 1 when compared to last night it was at 6 I think.

So when she finally gets her horns broke and everyone gets rewards does the pursuit level reset?

Hah thanks, that explains why I tried it just now and my pursuit level was back down to 1 when compared to last night it was at 6 I think.

So when she finally gets her horns broke and everyone gets rewards does the pursuit level reset?

Yup, you start again. Its a bit annoying as when you go in with level 1, you already know she will feck off.

My god I don't think I've played it now in 2 months. Maybe more!

Lunastra releases tomorrow!

Is this cool? Never played the older games but it seems like its a reskin of Teostra akin to Rathalos and Azure Rathalos.

People commenting on the video seem turn't up though

Lunastra is the female equivalent to Teostra, like Rathian and Rathalos. Been a long time since she's been in any western released game.

In that case it seems different enough! Nice! Seems like they are adding stronger Tempered Elder Dragons with this patch and some kind of extra weapon augmentation!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I won't turn my nose up at free content, but a reskinned/gender swapped Monster won't make me boot the game back up tbh

Just hit 200 hours today only to discover I can set loadouts for items/ammo with the item chest. Wow this is a game changer

• Advertisement

I won't turn my nose up at free content, but a reskinned/gender swapped Monster won't make me boot the game back up tbh

Well,there is a lot more content then just one monster. There are youtube vidoes out there.

New monster, new armour sets, new weapons, new arch tempered elder dragons etc.
    The free content theu feeding us is amazing so far.
    The only issue I have now: Fortnite week 5 challanges land tomorrow and patch for MHW... I am only off tomorrow and then flat out work for whole bank holiday.

Advertisement