Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I realise I've only put in 21hrs over the past year as I got distracted by umpteen games, but I've got next week off so going to learn MHW for real.
    Might as well make a new character though.

The story part is actually pretty poor but your once you complete it you really have only dipped your toes in.
    After that its a really vast game with a lot to learn and a massive endgame.
    Its all about the endgame in MHW,you could easily play indefinitely.
    I played about 280 hours of the base MHW game, can easily see myself play even more with Iceborne.
    Most longterm players have put in thousands of hours.

Worth mentioning if you havent finished the story and progressed to HR monsters in the base game you will get free armor to make it a breeze to do so if you buy Iceborne, this way it means your not grinding to get access to iceborne content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Dcully wrote: »
    Worth mentioning if you havent finished the story and progressed to HR monsters in the base game you will get free armor to make it a breeze to do so if you buy Iceborne, this way it means your not grinding to get access to iceborne content.

I tend to dip in and out of MHW. I've finished the main campaign and just got to the area where I'm tracking the likes of Nergigante. Seeing as I'm already on HR monsters, is there any such boost to help get to HR16 to enjoy Iceborne content (currently HR12), or is it just available for people who haven't finished the main campaign?

skerry wrote: »
    I tend to dip in and out of MHW. I've finished the main campaign and just got to the area where I'm tracking the likes of Nergigante. Seeing as I'm already on HR monsters, is there any such boost to help get to HR16 to enjoy Iceborne content (currently HR12), or is it just available for people who haven't finished the main campaign?

I believe if you buy Iceborne you get the armor to speed through the last of the MHW content you need to have done to access Iceborne.
    That armor should get you to HR16 which is your aim to access Iceborne content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I believe if you buy Iceborne you get the armor to speed through the last of the MHW content you need to have done to access Iceborne.
    That armor should get you to HR16 which is your aim to access Iceborne content.

Sound, I must look into it. Was tempted to pick up Iceborne as between MHW and MHGU I've done a decent amount of monster hunting the last year. Seeing as I tend to blitz it for a while and drop it again I can't remember how long it takes to go through ranks to get an idea of how long I need to play to get from HR12 - HR16

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The story part is actually pretty poor but your once you complete it you really have only dipped your toes in.
    After that its a really vast game with a lot to learn and a massive endgame.
    Its all about the endgame in MHW,you could easily play indefinitely.
    I played about 280 hours of the base MHW game, can easily see myself play even more with Iceborne.
    Most longterm players have put in thousands of hours.

Ah yeah, but I've read that the free armour/weapons are TOO powerful - I need the full MonHun experience.
    Main reason for restarting is I can't even remember the basic controls, nor where I am in the game.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ah yeah, but I've read that the free armour/weapons are TOO powerful - I need the full MonHun experience.
    Main reason for restarting is I can't even remember the basic controls, nor where I am in the game.

Yeah its too powerful but ideal to speed you through MHW base required content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

How are you guys finding the clutch claw?

Handy tip for knowing when a monster can be flinched, keep an eye on the map on the monster eye icon. If it's yellow, it can be flinched. If it's red (enraged) it can't be. Now sometimes it can be yellow and the monster's about to transition to being raged, in which case it won't work. Note as well when flinching, you can flinch it 3 times before it will throw you off so make sure to have it aimed at a wall and that you have slinger ammo equipped. Note: flash pods/ dung pods/ sonic pods WON'T cause a monster to flinch. There is another as well that can't but I can't remember which one. Most (if not all actually) slinger that can be picked up on the maps can flinch a monster (stone/scatternut/torch pods/the various mosses/ and so on).

If you mount a monster, you can transition to a clutch grapple. But if it's enraged there's no point.

Yep flinch shot into a wall or mountain = huge damage, its a lot of fun and really mixes up the fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/monster-hunter-worlds-pc-performance-issues-may-be-caused-by-its-anti-cheat-workaround-discovered/
      Start the game and wait until you’re in the main menu
    • Press alt+enter to switch to windowed mode from fullscreen
    • Press ‘X’ to close the window
    • When asked if you really wanna close the game, say ‘no’ (people have been saying to leave this box open, but it doesn’t seem necessary, so just say ‘no’ to close it)
    • Press alt+enter again to switch from windowed back to fullscreen

:pac:

Made no difference for me , still 80%-90% CPU usage while GPU is only 24%.
    Only 24% is a joke to be fair.

Best tip for performance is turn off Ambient Occlusion and Volume Rendering Quality , big fps boost and a cleaner image.
    Honestly ultra settings in PC games are a joke, they just introduce a dirt looking image.

I never drop below 100fps and usually sit at 120+.

• Advertisement

Yeah it took a while to dial in my Keyboard controls but the effort was worth it.
    Controller is nice but the freedom offered from mouse and KB just suits me better.

Thats a weird one about camera, im using right mouse for that if its of any use to you.

As for 50% CPU thats the lowest usage ive heard of, pretty much all outlets are saying a lot more
    Personally i get 80-95% CPU and only 24% GPU, something very wrong there.

8600K @ 4.5ghz and 1080TI

Thankfully temps on CPU never go over 60C even on such usage, i logged in after patch lastnight for 2 mins and no change for me in CPU usage at all :(
    I dont mind it too much as temops are great performance is great but wish my GPU was getting more of a workout.

What a game though, Iceborne has just improved upon an already phenomenal game.

I use left mouse for melee R for reload ranged no problem.

I can confirm no change for me since cpu patch but performance is great and temps are fine.

qVcp2lj.jpg

For a start they should remove controller inputs in the menu when i dont even have a controller connected.
    I get your point and its its annoying.

When im playing melee its straight forward but when i switch to ranged weapon my clutch claw gameplay inputs are different with no way around it apart from trying to remember it mid battle, wrecks my head tbh.

I really prefer using mouse and KB for faster smoother gameplay but i dont have this issue with controller.

Im slowly working through Iceborne campaign but really taking my time.
    For example at different MR you unlokc quests to upgrade mantles so im dong them as they pop up instead of just sticking to assigned campaign quests.

Also find im farming parts for a few different weapons as i go.
    I mained Heavy Bowgun and Light Bowgun with MHW planned to do the same with Iceborne but i cant stop playing with the Hammer now its incredibly enjoyable.
    But im still crafting and playing some HBG and LBG aswell as the Greatsword.

You mentioned the Insect Glaive, i never tried it in 297 hours of the game , am i missing much?

2020 Roadmap has been released. I won't go into details as there's stuff we've had on console since Iceborne launch that PC has yet to get so I don't want to spoil things, BUT PC will be fully brought up in sync to consoles. Consoles are getting some new stuff which PC won't have come the full sync in April, but PC is scheduled to be fully synced up to that very soon thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

For a start they should remove controller inputs in the menu when i dont even have a controller connected.
    I get your point and its its annoying.

When im playing melee its straight forward but when i switch to ranged weapon my clutch claw gameplay inputs are different with no way around it apart from trying to remember it mid battle, wrecks my head tbh.

I really prefer using mouse and KB for faster smoother gameplay but i dont have this issue with controller.

My combos seem to have all changed and you go online for for advice and all you get is bleedin triangle this and square that.

My combos seem to have all changed and you go online for for advice and all you get is bleedin triangle this and square that.

I just go with the training room for 10 mins or so and use the hunters notes to see combos and basic attacks.
    No sign of triangle and O or X etc.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!

I am so frickin' happy. New update has finally released the majority of all low/high rank armours as layered armour. I CAN WEAR FULL NERGI AGAIN, FRICKIN' YESSSHHH!!!!! My mixed sets look like trash, and I like having a uniform armour set. YESSSHH!!!

I don't know when that will update for PC. I also don't know when or if layered armour of all master rank armour will also be available (I would be surprised if it wasn't), either for consoles or PC.

Festival is out for PC same date as console but the layered armor update is not but then again we can sue any armor as layered with the transmog mod :) so that update is realy only for anyone who doesnt use transmog.

I finished the campaign and started guiding lands, the real end game :)
    Its deep,confusing and vast everything you could want for endgame :)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't really bother much with Kulve Taroth to be honest, since its weapons/armours don't get upgraded to MR,t hey do kinda become pointless now in MR unless you just want to collect them. I won't spoil anything for you but, let's just say I would invest your time better on ranking up, completing the story, and reaching the end game. Nuff said I think.

All of you running it on PC, what are the loading times for loading quests, particularly anyone running on SSD? It's the one thing that irks me about the console versions, takes so frigging long. I upgraded my PC so it's quite beefy now, whereas before it wouldn't have even been able to handle an open world game like MH World. Tempted to get it, I can cheat in most of the stuff using mods to essentially get all my decos and stuff back, as well as cheat through the story with insta kill mods.

The other option I've considered was trying some methods to transfer the save to PC, but it just seems like a lot of effort to go to from what I've seen.

Festival is out for PC same date as console but the layered armor update is not but then again we can sue any armor as layered with the transmog mod :) so that update is realy only for anyone who doesnt use transmog.

I finished the campaign and started guiding lands, the real end game :)
    Its deep,confusing and vast everything you could want for endgame :)

OMG I'm trying to get Tempered Namielle to show up so I can farm its materials for health augmentation, and it just refuses to ever show up! Have had tempered Kirin, Nergigante, pretty much every other Elder Dragon show up EXCEPT Namielle. Pain in the hole!

Im loading into quests in 5-6 seconds max, its very fast.

I have decent builds and weapons going for Hammer,HBG,LBG and Gunlance.
    Only started Gunlance yesterday but its nice to be tanky for a change.

Someone linked this base game save mod in game economist discord tonight, not sure if its just base MHW completed and ready for iceborne or what but it does say base game., might be what your after.

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/1883

Im loading into quests in 5-6 seconds max, its very fast.

I have decent builds and weapons going for Hammer,HBG,LBG and Gunlance.
    Only started Gunlance yesterday but its nice to be tanky for a change.

Someone linked this base game save mod in game economist discord tonight, not sure if its just base MHW completed and ready for iceborne or what but it does say base game., might be what your after.

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/1883

You what?????

That save mod would save a lot of hassle, even if it doesnt include Iceborne. There's a mod as well that acts as a market where you can buy pretty much anything, so I can get all my best decos back (as well as cheat in that godforsaken Guard Up deco which refuses to drop :mad:)

Decisions... splash out €60 for a game I already own to minimise loading time from up to a minute to a few mere seconds... I'd get the money back by selling the console... Hmm.

jaxxx wrote: »
    You what?????

That save mod would save a lot of hassle, even if it doesnt include Iceborne. There's a mod as well that acts as a market where you can buy pretty much anything, so I can get all my best decos back (as well as cheat in that godforsaken Guard Up deco which refuses to drop :mad:)

Decisions... splash out €60 for a game I already own to minimise loading time from up to a minute to a few mere seconds... I'd get the money back by selling the console... Hmm.

I wouldnt hesitate if you have a good PC.
    A lot of content creaters i like have moved from console to PC for the 10x graphics and framerate not to mention load times and mods.

Also i prefer PC keyboard and mouse , controller is nice but hotkeys at your finger tips is fantastic on PC not to mention superior aiming etc.
    I used to hop from controller to M&KB but now i just stay on M&KB.
    In a few months we will be synced up with console content too.

I wouldnt hesitate if you have a good PC.
    A lot of content creaters i like have moved from console to PC for the 10x graphics and framerate not to mention load times and mods.

Also i prefer PC keyboard and mouse , controller is nice but hotkeys at your finger tips is fantastic on PC not to mention superior aiming etc.
    I used to hop from controller to M&KB but now i just stay on M&KB.
    In a few months we will be synced up with console content too.

I bit the bullet and bought it. Going to use that mod you suggested so I don't have to start from scratch.

Was just testing the loading times so made a new save just to see. After that initial boring crap and finally into the first quest. The time it took to departingon the quest to actually arriving in the Ancient Forest: 3/4 seconds :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

*** grabs PS4, throws it out the window ***

Without trying to sound elitist, ps4 and xb1 are slow tech these days, any half decent PC blows them out of the water.

Hope you enjoy it now :)

I farmed a lot of the event for new weapons, for PC some of them are close to meta as we dont have Safi gear yet so well worth it guys.
    I got 7 or 8 this evening, upgraded 2 to rarity 12 via arena quest LBG and Hammer.
    Really is a great headstart for weapons, do them asap guys.

Without trying to sound elitist, ps4 and xb1 are slow tech these days, any half decent PC blows them out of the water.

Hope you enjoy it now :)

I farmed a lot of the event for new weapons, for PC some of them are close to meta as we dont have Safi gear yet so well worth it guys.
    I got 7 or 8 this evening, upgraded 2 to rarity 12 via arena quest LBG and Hammer.
    Really is a great headstart for weapons, do them asap guys.

Looks like I'm gonna have to play through Iceborne AGAIN :mad: I was gonna just use an insta kill mod to get up to and past "Rocky" at the end and get to the Guiding Lands stage, but the frickin' mod ain't working cos of some technical coding stuff that I don't understand. Just to catch up to where I am on PS4 but NOOOO. BALLS!

Also: SPOILERS DUDE! Some may not yet know about 'Smaug' :p Although you omitted the part connecting it to **jaxxx.exe has shutdown**

@ Ropedrink the new LBG from the festival is meant to be excellent for normal shot 3.
    Its like one shot reload bolt action but hits really hard, as a side bonus its a very nice gameplay change for LBG users, feeels a bit different aiming for those one shot head shot and weakspots.
    Its also meant to be the best water ammo LBG for PC too, might be worth a look for you but yeah i played a tonne of karma in MHW.

I find im maining Hammer as i have the Grinding Mallet with purple sharpness :eek:
    Its probably the weapon i enjoy the most, love KO-ing monsters but still making builds for LBG,HBG and Gunlance.

I hope to get some time in today and play some switch axe.
    Might even relearn Charge Blade as i played a lot of it in MHW.

• Advertisement

God I could never play with mouse and keyboard, feels so alien compared to plain old controller. Fortunately the controls on the old 360 controller are identical to the PS4. Worst thing about starting out again in Iceborme: the cut scenes. OMG they drag on so long and you can't skip them! Grrrr I'd nearly have reached old spidey rock dragon before now if it weren't for them!

Advertisement