Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of this f*cking game.. .. .. and I say that as a veteran of the series. Why the f*ck do you need to keep wounding parts to do maximum damage? Do the monsters develop Superman level healing where their wounds magically recover after a minute?? Once a part is wounded, how does it make f*cking sense that it's magically "un-wounded" after a short amount of time?? ?? ?? Turf Wars: GREAT! But then why do monsters sometimes decide "Eh, let's fight this small hunter instead despite the fact that we're in each others territory, this is totally how nature works!!". Some monster hit boxes, I swear they're almost as broken as Plesioth ever was (look it up)! And then there's my old favourite Guard Up.. .. .. able to block supernova dragon explosions, BUT CAN'T BLOCK A SIMPLE JUMP!? Safi'Jiiva unlocks in a few weeks, making every other end game weapon up until this point POINTLESS... pretty much exactly like Kulve Taroth did pre-Iceborne EXCEPT SAFI DIALS IT TO 11!! !! !!

*rant over

F*ck this sideways, I'm going playing Minecraft.. .. ..

Jesus with that rant I’m not sure about my next statements/question. Lol.

Here goes though. I bought monster hunter at launch and played about 50 hours of it. Loved it tbh but had other things going on in life at the time so couldn’t keep up to speed. Tempted to buy back in now at €40 for iceborne.

I’ve been playing Dauntless recently, up to lvl 15, didn’t think I’d enjoy it as much tbh but have been but I’m kinda think why play this when I could be sinkin hours into MH.

Dauntless is nice and easy to pick up and play with short hunts.

How long are the average fights in MH these days?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fights can be anything up to 50 mins [including hunt] but 50 is rare and is really only while getting through the campaign but thats mainly because your gear is not great.
    As you progress it gets a lot quicker, once you get a build down with meta gear you can kill them in 10 mins easy once you know the fights, even less if you practice specific monster.

I played Dauntless after i was done with MHW which in itself gave me 300+ hours of gameplay but tbh Dauntless is a poor mans MHW, its ok for a F2P but once you go back to MHW you will see what i mean.

Iceborne is totally worth it, endgame is great with the guiding lands in particular being fantastic, monster after monster without loading screens to your hearts content.

Once you get good builds and gear the guiding lands is perfect for pick up and play for as long as you like.

Iceborne is €28 give or take a few cent on cd keys and instant gaming at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Dcully wrote: »
    Fights can be anything up to 50 mins [including hunt] but 50 is rare and is really only while getting through the campaign but thats mainly because your gear is not great.
    As you progress it gets a lot quicker, once you get a build down with meta gear you can kill them in 10 mins easy once you know the fights, even less if you practice specific monster.

I played Dauntless after i was done with MHW which in itself gave me 300+ hours of gameplay but tbh Dauntless is a poor mans MHW, its ok for a F2P but once you go back to MHW you will see what i mean.

Iceborne is totally worth it, endgame is great with the guiding lands in particular being fantastic, monster after monster without loading screens to your hearts content.

Once you get good builds and gear the guiding lands is perfect for pick up and play for as long as you like.

Iceborne is €28 give or take a few cent on cd keys and instant gaming at the moment

Reached MR 150 and got the quest to unlock the Temporal Mantle+. Tempered Kirin/Namielle. Took me 26 minutes. MY GOD I SUCK!!

Btw, you all know there's an actual Monster Hunter movie coming out near end-ish the year? It's gonna be sh@t, cos some f*cking genius decided to involve the actual real world and there's gonna be a portal between the real world and MH world and.. .. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seems like it's actually set in the New World! I see the Admiral, the Handler and the Chief!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Quick question folks. Iceborne is decent price on CD Keys at the moment for Xbox and was thinking of picking it up. I'm currently HR12 and only started into Elders Recess and only learning that progression at the moment is tied to main story line. Question is, how long do you reckon before I get to HR16, if I continue with Elders Recess main quests, before I can get stuck into Iceborne content. Found it hard to get info online but I know there are some experienced MHW folks on here. I have the new armor they introduced that gives a bit of a boost but had trouble Uragaan which is the first monster I bumped into in this area, mainly cos it was so long since I played and completely forgot everything I learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

jaxxx wrote: »

Btw, you all know there's an actual Monster Hunter movie coming out near end-ish the year? It's gonna be sh@t, cos some f*cking genius decided to involve the actual real world and there's gonna be a portal between the real world and MH world and.. .. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seems like it's actually set in the New World! I see the Admiral, the Handler and the Chief!

From the leaks I saw, it's more like Stargate in that only part of the first act is in the real world & it's fantasy after.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks like Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The time travel aspect should have been scrapped, it cheapens the movie. Should have simply have it be set in the Monster Hunter World already. Monsters look great though, just like the game

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1324418738683346944

End of the road, but not the end of the fight.

Also a big login bonus from 6. to 26. November 2020: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/582010/view/2914353120884409311

1 more new event!

• Advertisement

A year after I bought this I've started it.
    THere is A LOT of learn. Kind of overwhelming.
    Looks like a game that I'm gonna be playing for months but have to get over the initial tutorial hump first.

You finding many people to join you?

I played about 100 hours of the base game and then left it. Didn’t buy Iceborne till recently but the couple of times I played it I couldn’t team up with anyone randomly, nobody answering flares etc..

A shame cause I enjoyed more cooperatively.

@ The Phantom Pain

My advice is play through the campaign alone, learn the ins and outs of the game and maybe a weapon or two before going near multiplayer.
    Also its actually a pretty poor first few hours but the game literally opens up once you get through them initial hours.
    Endgame is absolutely fantastic, i have 496 hours played and often reinstall and put in another 40-50 hours.
    Considering those hours were only with 5-6 weapons only a few of which i have really high end gear i could go back start playing with another weapon type and easily put in another 100 hours getting a build to high end level.

It literally has infinite gameplay.

Im hoping rise comes to PC as they cut out a lot of annoying stuff from the base game and iceborne.

@ The Phantom Pain

My advice is play through the campaign alone, learn the ins and outs of the game and maybe a weapon or two before going near multiplayer.
    Also its actually a pretty poor first few hours but the game literally opens up once you get through them initial hours.
    Endgame is absolutely fantastic, i have 496 hours played and often reinstall and put in another 40-50 hours.
    Considering those hours were only with 5-6 weapons only a few of which i have really high end gear i could go back start playing with another weapon type and easily put in another 100 hours getting a build to high end level.

It literally has infinite gameplay.

Im hoping rise comes to PC as they cut out a lot of annoying stuff from the base game and iceborne.

Interesting that you felt it was better in single player. I have to say I disagree completely but each to their own.

Tempted to pick up rise on switch. What annoying stuff were you hoping they remove from MHW out of curiosity?

You misunderstand me I'm not saying it's better in SP just better to learn in SP but the real meat of the game is the Endgame grind and this is where multiplayer is great and highly recommended.

Not saying it's better in SP just better to learn in SP but the real meat of the game is the Endgame grind and this is where multiplayer is great.

What about what you’d remove?

They removed environment potions and changed some things to be less intrusive like riding mounts etc.
    I like to see a better or more efficient way to get your ammunition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not sure how different they are as I've only put a few hours into World, but having just played a shedload of Rise I'd almost class single-player as the easy levels, and the multiplayer as normal / hard mode. The single-player campaign is a great way to learn the moves and patterns of enemies, as well as get to grips with the mechanics. Then working through the multiplayer quests lets you really sink your teeth into everything the game has to offer. Certainly wouldn't recommend skipping the campaign, although Rise has a smart system where you can skip the 'low rank' multiplayer stuff if you progress through the campaign and do a few special missions.

It's hard to imagine during those dense tutorial hours, but the difficulty curve in MH (at least in Rise) is actually fairly gentle once you get past the initial learning hump. The central gameplay loop is easy to grasp (once you get somewhat to grips with the convoluted menus), and while the various mechanics are loaded on gradually the actual fights don't really ramp up in difficulty until well into high rank.

Advertisement