Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three month old suddenly has a lot of wind all day

Options
  • 09-12-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hey. My three month old is breastfed. Over the past 5 days she has be crying with wind. I try really hard to get all her burps up during feeding and I get a good few up but she keep giving out throughout the day. When I pick her up and wind her she has more burps. She’s not napping as well either. She wakes up crying. I burp her and she will sometimes go back asleep but sometimes she won’t.

Any suggestions as to what could be going on? I ate cabbage on Tuesday and Wednesday but it’s hardly still in my milk? Is the cabbage thing just a myth?

Thankfully her night time sleeping once she settles is still great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

Does she have a cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

fits wrote: »
    Does she have a cold?

I don’t see any symptoms of a cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

If it persists you should phone the doctor on call (out of hours).

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

cnoc wrote: »
    If it persists you should phone the doctor on call (out of hours).

She’s had it for five days. Kinda just thought it was a stage. Do you think it warrants ringing care doc? Sorry first time Mammy here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Have you tried infacol?
    It worked wonders for us for our windy fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Have you tried infacol?
    It worked wonders for us for our windy fella.

Same for us. And gripewater helped get the wind moving too.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

starface wrote: »
    She’s had it for five days. Kinda just thought it was a stage. Do you think it warrants ringing care doc? Sorry first time Mammy here!

Check out Infacol what the above 2 posters mentioned.
    Arrange an appointment tomorrow with you doctor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Mm.Hard to know.Maybe talk to the doctor alright.But equally, it's one of those big developmental leap stages around now, so it could be that either.
    I just found wind was an ongoing issue with both of mine.I could never find a method to make it work!No.2, gripe water tended to help a lot.But still, it was tough, and they all have their 'time' in a day, when it seems worse.My second was an extremely windy baby, she wouldn't sleep or eat for us if wind bothered her.And at 20 months she still hasn't changed.I learned to just live with it, and experience taught me that it does pass over time (scuse the pun :-) )

Advertisement