Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering App Development

Options
  • 09-12-2017 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just recently finished my accountancy exams and truth be told, the career itself leaves a bit to be desired. It's fine as a job but I need a hobby to keep me ticking over and give me focus. I like the idea of developing android apps, if only as a creative release.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice in terms of good online courses or books in relation to learning how to develop android apps? I know there are quite a few online but I don't know whether they're any good or not. I don;t want to plough time into a half-baked online course.

I've got the book "Head First Android Development" by Dawn & David Griffiths. It came highly recommended. The only snag is that it expects you to have java programme development experience/skills, and builds from that base. I have zero.

I was thinking I might enroll in an online Java Dev course and then use the book to move into android app development? Any good java courses I could look into? Would I be better off jumping straight into android development?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

Advertisement