Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tidy up unwanted alarm wires

Options
  • 09-12-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

I’ve gone with a wireless alarm but the house was wired when build and has unsightly loose alarm wires at every window and exterior door.

Anybody else experience tidying these up? Can I just snip them? Some of them are loops so can’t be pushed back into the wall.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If you're confident you'll never use them in the future, then yes, they can be just snipped and pushed back into the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

If you're confident you'll never use them in the future, then yes, they can be just snipped and pushed back into the wall.

Thanks, is there live power going to them? Should I cut the power to the house first?

I was thinking of shipping them but putting a component box over the bits instead of pushing all the way back into the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Thanks, is there live power going to them? Should I cut the power to the house first?

I was thinking of shipping them but putting a component box over the bits instead of pushing all the way back into the wall.

Nah, if the alarm is wireless then they're just coiled up somewhere above the keypad/panel.

Kinda defeats the purpose of snipping them if you're going to put up junction boxes or some such. Either leave the full length in the box, or snip and push back into the wall. Personally, I'd probably do the latter.

Advertisement