Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation problem

Options
  • 09-12-2017 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

eir installed broadband and landline last week. The next day I contacted eir as the landline didn't work. I was advised to try a new handset and that an unnecessary engineer visit would cost €150. Today I bought a new handset and I still could not make calls. I am using the Vodafone network to make this post as eir is now looking for a login page. Please be advised that this is notice for my cooling off period. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Logo wrote: »
    eir installed broadband and landline last week. The next day I contacted eir as the landline didn't work. I was advised to try a new handset and that an unnecessary engineer visit would cost €150. Today I bought a new handset and I still could not make calls. I am using the Vodafone network to make this post as eir is now looking for a login page. Please be advised that this is notice for my cooling off period. Thank you
    Hi Logo,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your service. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll look into this for you.

I'm afraid you can't give your notice to us through this channel. You need to ring our cancellations department on 1901 to arrange this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Logo,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your service. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll look into this for you.

I'm afraid you can't give your notice to us through this channel. You need to ring our cancellations department on 1901 to arrange this.

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I PM'd my account number and name during the week and had to call eir a few more times but a technician is due to call next week to provide the service that I signed up to. Today I received an email to say that "[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Your bill amount is €47.36."  I signed [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]up for the BB & LL deal @40 euro per month and haven't been provided with the service.  [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I plan to cancel[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] the DD. I would appreciate if you could clarify the shambles that is eir. Thanks in advance.[/font]

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I PM'd my account number and name during the week and had to call eir a few more times but a technician is due to call next week to provide the service that I signed up to. Today I received an email to say that "[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Your bill amount is €47.36."  I signed [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]up for the BB & LL deal @40 euro per month and haven't been provided with the service.  [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I plan to cancel[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] the DD. I would appreciate if you could clarify the shambles that is eir. Thanks in advance.[/font]
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting me know. I was still awaiting an update on this so I do apologise for the delay. I've checked your bill for you and it had you covered for more than one month which is why it was more expensive. I can go through it in more detail through PM's if you'd like? We will be able to credit your account for the downtime when your service is fixed.

- Adam

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting me know. I was still awaiting an update on this so I do apologise for the delay. I've checked your bill for you and it had you covered for more than one month which is why it was more expensive. I can go through it in more detail through PM's if you'd like? We will be able to credit your account for the downtime when your service is fixed.

- Adam
    Thanks for your help Adam. I don't expect to be charged for a service that was not supplied. A technician is scheduled to call next Wednesday so hopefully the phone service will be connected then.

Thanks again,
    Logo  

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

- Adam
    Thanks for your help Adam. I don't expect to be charged for a service that was not supplied. A technician is scheduled to call next Wednesday so hopefully the phone service will be connected then.

Thanks again,
    Logo  
    No problem. Let us know when it's sorted and we'll arrange a credit for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

- Adam

Thanks again,
    Logo  

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

The technician arrived today and sorted the issue but the phone reception is really poor. I've tried all phone points in the house but it's difficult to hear any of the calls. I'd appreciate if you could check it out the on-going problem. I've texted 'Unresolved - No" to 50123.

Thanks,
    Logo

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

- Adam

Thanks again,
    Logo  

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

The technician arrived today and sorted the issue but the phone reception is really poor. I've tried all phone points in the house but it's difficult to hear any of the calls. I'd appreciate if you could check it out the on-going problem. I've texted 'Unresolved - No" to 50123.

Thanks,
    Logo
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. Have you received anything back from your text?

- Adam

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

- Adam

Thanks again,
    Logo  

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,
    Logo
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. Have you received anything back from your text?

- Adam
    Hi Adam,
    I called eir service twice yesterday and was told that I'd get a follow-up call. Today I received a service update that they are actively working on a resolution to the fault and that they aim to resolve it as soon as possible. I appreciate your help in the follow-up to this ongoing problem Adam. Happy Christmas! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

- Adam

Thanks again,
    Logo  

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,
    Logo
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,
    I called eir service twice yesterday and was told that I'd get a follow-up call. Today I received a service update that they are actively working on a resolution to the fault and that they aim to resolve it as soon as possible. I appreciate your help in the follow-up to this ongoing problem Adam. Happy Christmas! 
    I'm afraid Adam is no longer with us. Thanks for the update on this, the faults team will get this resolves as soon as possible. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP see if you can get two months free line rental from them. It only applies to the traditional phone line side of the package and not the broadband. tbh I've no idea how this works with bundles? This may be a new install but you are paying for it already so that sounds like a repair issue to me.

Start here https://www.eir.ie/complaints/ then check here https://www.eir.ie/.content/pdf/pricing/Pt8.1.pdf finally give them a call [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]1800200481 [/font]and log a compliant and get a reference number.

Any problems don't be afraid to contact comreg who are well used to Eir.

• Advertisement

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

- Adam

Thanks again,
    Logo  

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,
    Logo
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,
    I'm afraid Adam is no longer with us. Thanks for the update on this, the faults team will get this resolves as soon as possible. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Cheers for the update Tracey. I had to call again to arrange an appointment which is set for next week. Fingers crossed the issue will be sorted after the third visit. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

- Adam

Thanks again,
    Logo  

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,
    Logo
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks

Tracey 
    Cheers for the update Tracey. I had to call again to arrange an appointment which is set for next week. Fingers crossed the issue will be sorted after the third visit. Thanks
    I'm glad to hear it. 

They'll get this fixed for you and get you up and running. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Logo,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Hi,

- Adam

Thanks again,
    Logo  

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,
    Logo
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks

Tracey 
    I'm glad to hear it. 

They'll get this fixed for you and get you up and running. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi,
    The technician called on the 9th Jan and sorted the problem. I've already paid the first bill for broadband & phone bundle - even though I was without the phone service for over a month. I would appreciate if you can let me know how to apply for a credit. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hi,
    The technician called on the 9th Jan and sorted the problem. I've already paid the first bill for broadband & phone bundle - even though I was without the phone service for over a month. I would appreciate if you can let me know how to apply for a credit. Thanks
    Your best bet is to make a Formal Complaint. Then if Eir don't start chasing you to offer a refund pass the complaint to comreg. Now you may get this resolved without the Complaint but in my experience it saves the customer a lot of wasted time chasing Eir and being fobbed off with promises that don't materialise.

Advertisement