Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow

• 09-12-2017 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get some snow?

None for me at the moment.

Seen some great photos of snow in Mullingar, Antrim, Donegal.

Love snow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I love the way it smells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Anyone get some snow?

None for me at the moment.

Seen some great photos of snow in Mullingar, Antrim, Donegal.

Love snow.

I'm not falling for that Garda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

There wont be any in Dublin so it doesn't matter to most of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They've changed the forecast in the past hour from us having drifting 8cm snow to no snow at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

None in Bray. Nothing good ever happens in Bray :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Day 1 - That morning when you look out your window and the world is covered in snow, everything is pristine and fresh, all the grey and grime covered up. The sounds smothered and absorbed, somehow deadened and peaceful is wonderful

Day 2 onwards when its frozen over night, is grey slush, also frozen and is slippery and dangerous for cars and pedestrians is a pain in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

They've changed the forecast in the past hour from us having drifting 8cm snow to no snow at all.

That's a bit of a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

PandaPoo wrote: »

I was there in the summer of 74. A lot of rain but no snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭anewme

After the last snow, was it in 2010? even if I never see it again in this lifetime, it's too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Just say no!

Oh,wait. This is about the weather, ain't it?

Sorry, carry on ,I thought it was another Saturday night out ,A.H. thread.

Bit early yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

M.T. Cranium has issued an update on the Weather Forum. You know when Mr C posts an update late in the day, some serious mothafuckin' weather shit's goin' down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

But Srameen above, tells us there'll be no snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

BBDBB wrote: »
    Day 1 - That morning when you look out your window and the world is covered in snow, everything is pristine and fresh, all the grey and grime covered up. The sounds smothered and absorbed, somehow deadened and peaceful is wonderful

Day 2 onwards when its frozen over night, is grey slush, also frozen and is slippery and dangerous for cars and pedestrians is a pain in the hole

Day 3 when you sue Dublin City Council for 3 million smackers after breaking your hip for not clearing your driveway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Water John wrote: »
    But Srameen above, tells us there'll be no snow.

Here only, according to Met Eireann at the moment is what I said.

Hopefully you'll get plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't believe the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I was there for the snow in 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I'm just waiting for the forecast. Be surprised an delighted if there is no snow.
    Farmer.

I'm housebound with a bad back, so it can snow its arse off for all I care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

dusty207 wrote: »
    Day 3 when you sue Dublin City Council for 3 million smackers after breaking your hip for not clearing your driveway

Play it safe, slip on the tiles of a council house, claim they were not up to standard to prevent slipping in snow after five pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

anewme wrote: »
    After the last snow, was it in 2010? even if I never see it again in this lifetime, it's too soon.

I'd agree with this. It's one of those cases where the idea is far better than the reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Screw snow.

Whole country grinds to a halt with a light dusting of the stuff.

Fine for your Facebook pics....but when you have to drive or commute in it the novelty wears off pretty damn quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

NIMAN wrote: »
    Don't believe the hype.

There seems to be a vast amount of that at the moment, whatever about the snow.

I slipped so many times on ice in 2010 that I began to feel like a frail old woman.

"Oh, I've had one of my falls again..."

Snow is like Christmas - to travel hopefully is better than to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dr Octagon

No snow at mine.

And there's no business like snow business as Dr Octagon readies up for the biggest fight of his life... yeah... McGregor vs Dr Octagon... in the biggest PPV extravaganza since the last one... yeah... Dr Octagon is here and he is the greatest fighter in the history of the ring... yeah... McGregor, Manny Pacquiao, Manny Knackquiao... none compare to the great Dr Octagon... yeah... no more hotdogging, brother, come and get me McGregor...yeah... it's Dr Octagon, and nobody does it better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

RayM wrote: »
    I slipped so many times on ice in 2010 that I began to feel like a frail old woman.

"Oh, I've had one of my falls again..."

Snow is like Christmas - to travel hopefully is better than to arrive.

Is this you?
    https://youtu.be/h3vVDUuC0yw

Thankfully my falls were all minor and untelevised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Don't believe the hype.

Yeah, after the "hurricane" that we had earlier this year, I pay little to no notice to Met Eireann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Raining in Cork city. Never seen snow here before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Hope I can stay awake long enough tonight to hear the huge snowflakes hammering on the thatched roof, while Storm Caroline howls across the bog like a Banshee in heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Northern Ireland / The North of Ireland / The Six Counties gets more snow than we do. It is a common sight to see Northern cars covered in snow when there is none in the South.

It is a well known fact that NI broke away from Antarctica and drifted north until it collided with the Twentysix Counties. Hence the border and more snow in the North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Northern Ireland / The North of Ireland / The Six Counties gets more snow than we do. It is a common sight to see Northern cars covered in snow when there is none in the South.

It is a well known fact that NI broke away from Antarctica and drifted north until it collided with the Twentysix Counties. Hence the border and more snow in the North.

Is that why there's no nuns in the North ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Must be time for Ulster to say No to snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

yellow snow, tastes nice, i recommend it.

Don't eat yellow snow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

About 7 degrees in An Rinn, Co. Waterford at the moment and absolutely pissing rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Lashing rain in Kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Who says there’s never any good news these days?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

PandaPoo wrote: »

What about the air show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Same story for decades, ie - not a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

About 7 degrees in An Rinn, Co. Waterford at the moment and absolutely pissing rain.

An Rinn abû

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lot's of it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No snow in meath or north dublin this morning. Driving in to work at 5.45am I was expecting a nice bout of snow but it was raining and I didnt even have to defrost the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

East Greater London getting a good covering now. The look on my 1yr olds face is quality.....cats don't think much of it though

Forgive the terrible camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Bit white here this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yellow warning, orange warning, red warning, end of the world.

I hate the nonsense around our weather. I bet the Scandinavians don't partake in all this, with weather many times worse than ours.

If this is an orange level warning, then yellow must be about +10c with chance of sunburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kuva wrote: »
    What about the air show?

That's above Bray. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I hate the nonsense around our weather. I bet the Scandinavians don't partake in all this, with weather many times worse than ours.

If this is an orange level warning, then yellow must be about +10c with chance of sunburn.

True.

Reminds me of when we got the last bit of snow in 2010, the Polish lads next door were laughing at everyone getting all worked up over it when they have a lot more snow every year and just get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,675 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's because they're set up to deal with snow. Ireland doesn't which is why so many people were affected in 2010 and 2011.

So how the Poles, Canadians or Scandinavians react isn't really relevant.

Snow ceased to be interesting when it stopped meaning days off school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Greetings from Allgäu Boardsies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm getting really sick of all this weather warnings by Met Eireann. It's lashing rain here in Dublin this morning + they had it's part of weather warnings. It's a joke. I do understand that some parts have snow but Dublin accounts for about 1/3 of population so please get our forecast right. It's like the boy who cried wolf. One day it might be bad but I won't believe them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement